Dungeon Crawl

The place for discussing and testing currently developed expansions.

Dungeon Crawl

Postby Prickett » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 am

Hey all, I’ll be releasing an expansion on steam within the next week or so. I’m sure you are all used to the drill of someone saying they’re making an expansion, then losing it in development hell. The good news is I’ve already lost it to development hell, but now it’s been revived! All I need now is figure out a scripting issue with the final boss, but I’ll post that in a separate topic. Anyway, I just wanted to post and ask everyone to at least check it out if you have the PC version and give me any relevant feedback. Hope everyone enjoys!
Prickett

Re: Dungeon Crawl

Postby Prickett » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:03 am

I just released it, but I’m not sure how long it’ll take for it to appear for everyone. Anyway, please check it out and offer any constructive criticisms you may have :)
Prickett

Postby KGold » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Is it up yet? I've downloaded it but can't seem to enter. Where's entry from? :)
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Postby Prickett » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:45 pm

Thank you for downloading! Entry is from the Matras port, is it not appearing in the destination list?
Prickett

Postby KGold » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:55 pm

No, sadly. I've tried starting a new game, but it doesn't show up in the list.

Frankly, I don't quite know my way around Steam and don't know how this new expansion thing works. Is there a file that I'm supposed to place in a specific directory of the game or do I enter the world from Steam somehow...? I could use some info on this :D
KGold

Postby KGold » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:27 pm

KGold wrote:No, sadly. I've tried starting a new game, but it doesn't show up in the list.

Frankly, I don't quite know my way around Steam and don't know how this new expansion thing works. Is there a file that I'm supposed to place in a specific directory of the game or do I enter the world from Steam somehow...? I could use some info on this :D

It's working now. Had to reinstall Steam. The expansion seems cool so far, I love dungeon crawling. :D
KGold

Postby Prickett » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Glad it’s working for you now, and thanks for the comments, I hope you enjoy the rest. Beware the difficulty spike deeper down. I’ll probably balance it later, but this coronavirus has made college very stressful these last few weeks, so I’m not sure when I’ll get to it. I hope it’s a nice distraction for you during all this!

Though with that being said, let me know what floor or what enemy gives the biggest difficulty spike, that would be helpful. Thanks!
Prickett

Postby honx » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:21 am

how can i download your expansion if i own the game on gog, not on steam?
honx

Postby Prickett » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:31 pm

I only released it on steam, so there isn’t currently a way to get it on gog. I appreciate your interest though!
Prickett

Postby honx » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:53 am

in other words as one who owns the game on gog i'm a second class customer once again...
fuck steam!
honx

Postby Prickett » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:09 pm

I just posted a pretty large update for the game. The overworld has more land to explore, new quests, new key items, and a new dungeon called the Decrepit Crypt. Several bugs were found by a steam user, but I hope it was just because they didn’t use a new character since the patch. Give it a run and let me know what you think!
Prickett

Return to Expansions in Development