Please write NPC dialogues for me

The place for discussing and testing currently developed expansions.

Please write NPC dialogues for me

Postby Ezdra » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:25 pm

I have an idea :idea:

1. I'd like a story called "Gifts of Curses".
Curses are various afflictions that many characters face. They're not limited to psychiatric diagnoses, but those will be included too.

2. Gifts are obvious upsides of losing something important, being mad etc. One of them is too obvious: life going on.

3. If you're interested, would you like to write some texts about cursed people and how they move on?

Lastly, after we have the people, we'll have them talk about each other and that'll lead them to try cooperating with one another and the Hero of The Quest will do that too.

All suggestions on how to make an interesting expansion are needed. My beliefs are limited, but realistically, even though "birds of a feather flock together," there are people who can't be right alone.
Ezdra

Re: Please write NPC dialogues for me

Postby Prickett » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:50 am

I have an idea for a gameplay element. Upon completion of a quest, you acquire the quest giver’s curse and gift as a disease, along with an antidote for the affliction.

If you cure the disease, you can always revisit the quest giver to reapply it, where you get another potion. Similar to Baldachin’s Blessing in Elden Ring.
Prickett

Re: Please write NPC dialogues for me

Postby Ezdra » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:04 pm

This is an interesting idea. I'm not sure whether you could be forced to get into the NPC's boots for misunderstanding them or the opposite - be ok only in case you misunderstand, or in any case. Logic of "The Queen of Spades" opera hints at 1 - a main character could die because of misunderstanding.

The skills in Quest are mostly physical. Weak arms would be devastating - one way to do it would be to nullify heavy weapon skill for example. If I want something mental, I could nullify Stealth if the curse makes you unable to lie (and steal). I think it's easy to turn the Quest into a game about hoarding stuff - it's fun, but not all kind of fun the engine is capable of.

I want some NPCs to be as sticky as Kolobok, or run into him/her sometimes.
Ezdra

Return to Expansions in Development