The Legend of Mysst

The place for discussing and testing currently developed expansions.

The Legend of Mysst

Postby Matías » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 am

You arrive at an archipelago on a dark night, you have been sent a letter from an unknown source who tells you that the queen and kind of Abyssia have been killed and its up to you to find the murderer. You arrive at the given location when you're jumped by guards. You black out. You awaken to find yourself in a jail cell. A guard takes you to the exicutioner, you're terrified and confused as to what is happening or why. That's when you hear the guard saying "To the guillotine you go, that's what you'll get for murdering the royal family". You scream that you're innocent yet no one seems convinced. You struggle as you're being dragged to the guillotine when the letter falls out of your pocket. A second guard picks it up "Wait....I think it wasn't him". The jailers and guards discuss as to whether or not you are guilty when they notice that you don't look like you're from around there. The guard says "Sir, I'm not sure whom you are or if you're guilty but if you truly aren't then please..." he looks at you "....we are desperate. We have no heir and soon our country could fall due to the fact that everyone wants the crown. Please find us the murderer". You agree to do so and the guards let you free. The fate of Abyssia lies in your hands. If you fail, the country will fall, if you succeed, you will have the crown and save Abyssia.

Map Info:
Size-14x14
Cities-4
(Still in progress)

Well, I'm making an expansion. Its my first expansion and it may be horrible but I am trying to make it interesting. What's your opinion on the intro I made? Good? Bad? I don't know...All I know is that the goal is to surpass the sheer awesomeness of The Islamds of Ice and Fire. But is that possible? We will see in time! Feel free to ask questions:)
Matías

Re: The Legend of Mysst

Postby noobpod » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:38 pm

You might want to revise the dialogue a little more. The guards should speak with a much more military tone. Giving some of the higher ranking guards names with their titles would also be good, such as "Commander Luito".

The plot sounds a little generic but is definitely a strong base. I will PM you the ideas for your plot that I have.

Also, the guards wouldn't just let you go. Maybe put a weightless quest item in the players inventory titles "Queens chain" which would let them always know where you are. (I have more ideas for this that I'll PM you)
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Matías » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 am

The plot is subject to change. Still working on the overworld. Above is a very very vague undersides version of my plans at the moment. It will include far more content then just that. As for the guards, or NPCs in general I am planning on giving them a bit of character unlike the NPCs you see in the other expansions(which are still great nonetheless)
Matías

Postby Matías » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Progress update:

97 "squares" left of the overworld to build on! So far I've built 24 and 23 are all ocean.(total number of squares is 196 and technically there's 97 left to do, just over half of the overworld is done!)

4 dungeons have been completed

1 city is nearing completion(just need to add dialogue for NPCs
Matías

Postby Prickett » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:35 pm

If you need a beta tester I will be happy to apply. This plot seems very interesting as well
Prickett

Postby wolf3167 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 am

The last post was a year ago. The thread is dead.
wolf3167

Postby Prickett » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:13 am

Did not notice that thanks
Prickett

Postby wolf3167 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:34 am

No problem :)
wolf3167

Return to Expansions in Development