Expansion Idea

The place for discussing and testing currently developed expansions.

Expansion Idea

Postby wolf3167 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:10 am

Okay so I'm developing an expansion. The plot will revolve around the nations of Ikaran and Nari. There is a war in progress and the Nari have called upon an ancient magic to bring an army of the dead and their 13 tribal dragons that once made them a huge empire all in exchange for their 13 archmages. Ikaran has lost several battles and the front line has shifted to the Plain of Fire where many die every day. General Summus has begun to recruit mercenaries lately- break the siege with the whole army of Ikaran behind you, and win the war.

Details:
There will be 2 maps: one for each nation(Ikaran and Nari)
Ikaran will be released first and will be size 10x10 or a little smaller
Will add a mining system
will add a crafting system (you go to a forge with the materials needed and get a new item) and a strengthening system if I can manage (upgrading items)
3 villages, a city, and 2 dozen forts.
There will be 9 main quests in Ikaran and 18 sidequests. Details on Nari later. Should be done by late January/ early February.

Do you think this sounds good and do you have any ideas to help me improve this? If so please share.
wolf3167

Re: Expansion Idea

Postby wolf3167 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 am

UPDATE:
There will be an arena in the Ikaran capital city where you can fight enemies by grade based on your level:
ex- Rank F enemies may be level 9 but rank D are around 14. The arena will offer biweekly tournaments for each grade and will be complete with a random loot chest after every win!
Also, you will be able to buy property in the land of Ikaran and possibly Nari. There are to be 4 buyable homes in Ikaran: 2 in cities or towns and the others in the wilderness.
There will be more than the planned amount of sidequests: 34 as of now are planned upon release.
40-some monsters( not including arena) are added
80 new pieces of gear total
A new type of currency: platinum, which can be either traded for gold or permanent character upgrades, or even powerful loot, will be carried in your inventory. This will be very rare stuff.
Unfortunately, with this and some more secret content to be revealed later, we have to push back our self-placed deadline.
wolf3167

Postby wolf3167 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 am

UPDATE
My partner and I have had a slight problem regarding the monsters in the Ikaran expansion (Nari not yet in full swing). Some were ridiculously powerful and others pitifully low on xp giving(20 or less). We took 3 days to fix this and an arena problem. The arena was virtually unplayable due to a problem we won't go into. All of this is fixed.

Enough with the bad news. We added a little more content we had been planning on not putting in. The following will be revealed now:
-The 1st part will be for level 10 characters. The game will be challenging but not overpowered. You will be facing the full might of Nari, including:
-Soldiers
-Grenadiers
-Battlemages
-Dragon Riders
-Dragons
-Assault Troops
-Archers
and many more

-At the beginning of the addon you will be sent on a mission to scout out a mysteriously destroyed city. Upon entering, the place has been burnt to the ground: the work of a dragon, not a small group of soldiers that slipped through the fort to the north. Durther investigation gives proof: a note reading that a dragon has attacked and that Ikaran stands no chance.
From there, you have a mission to defeat a group of enemies in a camp south of Ikaran City while the scholars thinks on what happened.
-
-You will get to pick a permanant buff later in the game.
wolf3167

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 pm

When we got back to work for the first time since a few weeks ago, we began to flesh out some people in towns. The result, almost every single citizen is unique. Or will be. Currently, I reckon the 1st expansion is almost playable. My friend tried to walk through everything on the esitor(speech and all that) and got through about 60% of the story dialogue before reaching something we hadn't finished. The storyline will be quite a bit harder than we anticipated and in one mission you must travel through a "minefield" of spike traps while under enemy archer and mage assault. Another has you sneaking through a fort to recover valuable intel for the war. We have lost any realistic idea of the completion date as about 4/5 of the main story and 2/5 of sidemissions as well as most of the cities and dungeons are finished. It could be anytime from Late February to early May.
wolf3167

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:41 pm

When we got back to work for the first time since a few weeks ago, we began to flesh out some people in towns. The result, almost every single citizen is unique. Or will be. Currently, I reckon the 1st expansion is almost playable. My friend tried to walk through everything on the esitor(speech and all that) and got through about 60% of the story dialogue before reaching something we hadn't finished. The storyline will be quite a bit harder than we anticipated and in one mission you must travel through a "minefield" of spike traps while under enemy archer and mage assault. Another has you sneaking through a fort to recover valuable intel for the war. We have lost any realistic idea of the completion date as about 4/5 of the main story and 2/5 of sidemissions as well as most of the cities and dungeons are finished. It could be anytime from Late February to early May.
wolf3167

Postby CryoFyre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 am

I've been thinking about a good expansion idea, where the entire expansion is one giant arena, where you start at the bottom and work your way up, leveling up in traditional rpg style, and each fight is harder and harder, but you visit shops between each one and get gold for each fight, eventually you will reach the top and fight the highest level monster in the game, but not after hours of fighting single bosses and hordes of weaker enemies (assuming the editor doesn't crash horribly) it is a simple streamline design that could work very well I think. if I make it, I'd release it for free, but it's at someone else's liberty if they beat me to it, just be sure to credit the idea!
CryoFyre

Postby CryoFyre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:04 am

btw wolf, epic-sounding expansion you're working on sounds legit.
CryoFyre

Postby wolf3167 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks, I think you should carry through on your idea. Sounds great, CryoFire. I haven't worked on it lately as I've been practicing my basketball a lot, but I can't wait to get back to work.

Note to Self: never set your own due dates. They are always inaccurate.
wolf3167

Return to Expansions in Development