Desperate help, silver mines

Forum for discussing Celtic Queen.

Desperate help, silver mines

Postby TheMuffinMan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:56 am

I was exploring the silver mines through the entrance behind the red/orange bush after you hit it, I went through and cleared it but the only way out is through the same way I came in but it took me to a different area surrounded by 4 trees, one blue which makes me think that may have something to do with it. I can't continue until I leave. Any help even if you aren't sure would be greatly appreciated :)
TheMuffinMan

Re: Desperate help, silver mines

Postby Catacomber » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:10 am

TheMuffinMan wrote:I was exploring the silver mines through the entrance behind the red/orange bush after you hit it, I went through and cleared it but the only way out is through the same way I came in but it took me to a different area surrounded by 4 trees, one blue which makes me think that may have something to do with it. I can't continue until I leave. Any help even if you aren't sure would be greatly appreciated :)

Do you have the Silver Ore quest?

"For Brigid, Isle of the Triple Goddess, ask the keeper of the Silver Mines for 5 pieces of Silver ore."

If so hit things.

If you don't have that quest hit a certain yellow bush and you'll be able to sidle your way out. I just did to test it. : )
Catacomber

Postby TheMuffinMan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:56 am

Thank you for the reply (: but unfortunately after I hit the yellow bush there is only a wall to the left and a tree in front and to the right =/
TheMuffinMan

Postby Catacomber » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:04 am

Is there only one yellow bush?
Catacomber

Postby TheMuffinMan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:04 am

Yes one yellow bush surrounded by 4 trees and if you walk in front of the blue tree not facing it, it will spin you so you are facing it
TheMuffinMan

Postby Catacomber » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:46 am

You don't have the Silver Ore quest ? "For Brigid, Isle of the Triple Goddess, ask the keeper of the Silver Mines for 5 pieces of Silver ore."

And you can't mark and recall?

Or load an earlier save file?

It appears you can only get out of there easily if you have the Silver Ore quest. I could do an update to help you if necessary but it kind of spoils the reason it was set up that way. Let me know. If you need the update, I can do one. : )
Catacomber

Postby TheMuffinMan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:10 am

Unfortunately no I don't have the silver ore quest, I don't have anywhere else marked and I don't have an earlier save xD that kinda screws me over but no I don't want to make you go through the trouble of doing that thank you so much for the offer though, you are how all developers should be :)
TheMuffinMan

Postby Catacomber » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:49 am

Thanks. : ) It's not that hard to do the update. Just have to change the script there not to require the quest. I'll write Elendil for the files now. But you'll have to wait until Apple gets them and puts them up.
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:39 am

TheMuffinMan wrote:I was exploring the silver mines through the entrance behind the red/orange bush

Can you remember where you found that entrance? Maybe it's a bug and another way out should be added or the way in removed.
DeMenchev

Postby TheMuffinMan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Thank you so much, you are awesome :) and I only remember hitting an orange bush which revealed a hole to go through, it was on the outside of the wall around the silver mine, I'm sorry I don't remember much else =/
TheMuffinMan

Postby Catacomber » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:49 pm

You can get out of there only if you have the Silver Ore quest. I don't remember why I did it that way. But now you don't need that quest to leave. I sent an update to Elendil. But be careful and save your file before you go further as there is a teleporting puzzle that one false step would lead you into and although there is a way out--it might not be apparent. Hitting things is always useful. You'll still need to hit things to get out of there even though I've changed the script not to need that quest.
Catacomber

Postby TheMuffinMan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:13 am

Thank you so much, it will be great to continue that character :)
TheMuffinMan

Postby Catacomber » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:22 am

Good luck and let me know how things work out for you. But you have to wait for the update. : ) That's up to Apple. Elendil usually puts things up fast.
Catacomber

Return to Celtic Queen