Issue with Wizard Enclave (and other quests)

Forum for discussing Celtic Queen.

Issue with Wizard Enclave (and other quests)

Postby three » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi,

I've played the games for quite awhile now and I'm having some issues completing some quests. I'm not having an issue because I can't figure something out, but rather because there seems to be a bug/glitch in the mobile (iOS) platform adaptation. To start off, I'm playing the game on an iPhone 8+, and am playing the expansions embedded into The Quest (not playing standalone). The issue seems to be that whenever there is a quest that requires me to kill x number of specific enemies the kills do not register. The biggest example of this is in the Wizard's Enclave. I've killed all of the skeletons, flipped all of the switches, and nothing. I've rested for 7 days to reset the dungeon and only the 6 soulbreakers respawned. I've tried sleeping with the switches pressed and with the switches set to off to try and retoggle them to no avail. I'd really like to be able to progress to the second floor because I know from the forums that there is another quest up there, but I can't find a way around this bug/glitch.

The other quests where I've noticed similar issues in other expansions are the Dream of the Other World, Reanimator, and Swap Books quests. I run into the same issue specifically with the Reanimator quest where I kill all the skeletons and the one responsible for summoning them but I am told to kill all the skeletons again. They do not respawn there either.

I've also tried backing up my save files via iTunes, deleting all apps (The Quest plus all expansions that were enabled) and reinstalling but when I do this without one or more of the expansions enabled it shows my load game but crashes when I try to load the file in-game. I did have the expansion (Celtic Queen) enabled where my hero was currently located in the save file, too.

At this point, I don't know what else to do. I'll try posting this to Catacomber's site, too but am waiting on registration approval. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really want to complete everything I can (and I know some quests do become in-completable) but am now truly stuck. Any advice? Thanks.
three

Re: Issue with Wizard Enclave (and other quests)

Postby three » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:57 pm

As a follow up, I did see that Phredd opens the gate, I guess I’m more concerned how to deal with these things moving forward (or going back and completing the Reanimator quest, and the cloak of good dreams quest, though I may be missing something with that one) into Luko 3 and beyond.
three

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:29 am

If it's an iPhone glitch, I can't really help you. I approved you at my website but would have to give you the same answer there as here because I have no control over the IOS mechanics.

These quests have been tested. I tested them myself as did others.

It's possible that the engine gets confused on some iPhone platforms if you have a lot of embedded gamses enabled. These kills are tested by globals and because I know testing globals can sometimes be a problem in the embedded game where the engine has to search many expansions, I test for killing fewer monsters than there actually are to give a cushion. I think also tapping too fast on mobile can sometimes be a problem. Maybe the global doesn't register sometimes when you tap too fast.

However, this seems to be a very random problem as not many have mentioned a problem. I don't use globals anymore for the main quests but still do for some minor ones as a problem is an exception.

I think the best thing would be to take a save file where you are having a specific problem and maybe send it to Elendil here with a detailed explanation. If you write Elendil, copy what I wrote here because I did those quests myself and rechecked them.
Catacomber

Postby three » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 am

Thank you for the reply. I did try erasing all the apps and reloading the game but then my save file wouldn’t work without all expansions enabled. I wish there was an easy way to just disable expansions within the app to help resolve this but I imagine the coding that would require is crazy. Thanks anyway, I do really enjoy the games thus far. Just started Luko 3 and am looking forward to exploring it, and other future expansions.
three

Postby dreaders » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

This isn't isolated - it's the same issue experienced (not on iPhone) for Reanimator and Cave of Dana in another thread on Celtic Rift. I experienced it myself and had to roll back a very very long way. Kill x quest triggers are failing under some unknown condition.
dreaders

Postby Catacomber » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:48 am

All I can say is, if this happens to you, to send your save file to Elendil with detailed information. including what device you're playing on and how much memory you have. It sounds like a random glitch which might be hard to track down. We had no problems testing. I tested the Wizards' Enclave myself and the only problem I had was that I failed to kill one of the skeletons. When I found him, after some retracing my steps, I killed him and was able to open the door.
Catacomber

Return to Celtic Queen