Sunken cave in Silver Bay

Forum for discussing Celtic Queen.

Sunken cave in Silver Bay

Postby Totallylost » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:33 am

I’ve more or less done all the quests and finished the main game but I’m stuck on two of the early quests which involve the underwater cave in Silver Bay - the quest to recover the alchemy book and to fill Bryan’s flask from the pool of tears.

I’ve found the sunken cave and managed to (just about) kill the very annoying floating eye you encounter when you first get down there but then the only other area I can access is the small platform which has the Glomorgan in it who reduces your health to 5 which I can’t get past.

I’ve tried using the air breathing potion and the Mantle of Moist Being whilst down there but with no success so I guess I’m missing something obvious???

Can anyone please give me a helpful steer?

Thanks!
Totallylost

Re: Sunken cave in Silver Bay

Postby Totallylost » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Totallylost wrote:I’ve more or less done all the quests and finished the main game but I’m stuck on two of the early quests which involve the underwater cave in Silver Bay - the quest to recover the alchemy book and to fill Bryan’s flask from the pool of tears.

I’ve found the sunken cave and managed to (just about) kill the very annoying floating eye you encounter when you first get down there but then the only other area I can access is the small platform which has the Glomorgan in it who reduces your health to 5 which I can’t get past.

I’ve tried using the air breathing potion and the Mantle of Moist Being whilst down there but with no success so I guess I’m missing something obvious???

Can anyone please give me a helpful steer?

Thanks!

Nevermind - figured out that you can walk across the hole that usually drops you down to the Glomorgan (seems to be random as to when you can do this) which then let’s you get to the book and meet the Morrigan at the pool of tears.

Ps - am playing this on iPad and the hole in this area seems to move places on the map as you walk towards it and sometimes the map says there’s 2 of them!
Totallylost

Postby Alexfkir » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:13 am

Pray, tell me how did you kill Drinx (the flying eye)? This s.o.b. keeps drinking my potions and I can’t see any way to kill him. I even tried to unload all healing potions with no result,- the bastard always finds something to drink.
Alexfkir

Postby Catacomber » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:31 am

Try using hot spells.
Catacomber

Postby Alexfkir » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:40 am

Thank you! “Blast” works just fine and, for some reason, Drinx doesn’t drink my potions in contrast to the melee attack.
Alexfkir

Postby Totallylost » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Alexfkir wrote:Pray, tell me how did you kill Drinx (the flying eye)? This s.o.b. keeps drinking my potions and I can’t see any way to kill him. I even tried to unload all healing potions with no result,- the bastard always finds something to drink.

Blast really works a treat but I'm not sure if you can pick this up in this expansion (think I may have taken into Celtic Queen from one of the previous games).

(When I say works a treat I do mean comparatively to any other method - it still took like 10 or more shots of fire into it's eye before it was down.)
Totallylost

Return to Celtic Queen