The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: The Quest II

Postby ScreamThatShyt » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Any news and maybe a rough time period for the release ?
Keep it alive guys !
ScreamThatShyt

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:42 pm

Yep, the project is alive of course - tomorrow will be the Big Day, we'll post the first half-official screenshots from TQ2 (not final shots, the game is under development), so hang on!! :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:07 pm

That’s incredible news, I’m very excited!
Prickett

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:31 pm

Alright folks, here are the very first - half-official - screenshots from The Quest's sequel:

http://redshift.hu/betrayed.html

This page also contains some basic background info about the game - more info will come soon!

Remember that they're "work in progress" screenshots so many things are missing. Walking NPCs are not walking, just standing, for example. :) There are no clouds in the sky yet, and so on. But at least you can have a basic feeling of the game.
This time the shots are taken from the main city's first two sections: the travelers' and the trading quarters. Next time we'll go to other quarters, then we take a look outside the city. :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Dinamitardo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:26 pm

The images posted show the great work being done.
I look forward to the release of this new version.
Thanks Sylon
Dinamitardo

Postby Eyex » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:02 pm

These images look wonderful! Amazing job, I can not wait to see the game in motion.
Eyex

Postby KGold » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:03 pm

I love everything about these screenshots already! The detail, the way the original game's charm is preserved...
I'm unspeakably excited to see this world come alive one day :o
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Postby mistcloakedmountains » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Looks beautiful. I'm so excited about this! Do those angled shots mean that it doesn't use 90 degree rotation?
mistcloakedmountains

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:49 pm

mistcloakedmountains wrote:Looks beautiful. I'm so excited about this! Do those angled shots mean that it doesn't use 90 degree rotation?

It'll be grid based just like The Quest. Sylon probably created the shots while turning. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Prickett » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:19 pm

These shots look incredible! The depth and detail look amazing. I look forward to seeing this game released!
Prickett

Postby siegfriedcrow » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:51 pm

The shots look amazing! Sorry if it was mentioned before in this thread and I just didn't notice it, but the update mentioned "real time" gameplay. Does this mean combat is in real time now instead of turn based like The Quest? Or is movement in real time and it switches to turn based for combat?
siegfriedcrow

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:16 pm

siegfriedcrow wrote:Does this mean combat is in real time now instead of turn based like The Quest? Or is movement in real time and it switches to turn based for combat?

Fully real time. It won't be hectic or anything and it'll be adjustable so everyone can find the comfortable speed for themselves.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Angel The Wonder Dog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:24 pm

Will there be more support for female characters? The original game (mostly it's expansions) didn't have much support on female characters (female pronouns and other stuff in conversations in the game) and i'd like to see more support for that.
Angel The Wonder Dog

Postby Bryan Miller » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:24 pm

Looks incredible guys! Amazing work! If you can't or are not allowed to answer this I totally understand, but is it currently just planned for pc and mobile or is a console release also a possibility?
Bryan Miller

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Angel: this time you'll be with a party of heroes (4 of them) so there will be no conversations between one exact player (she or he) and a non-player character like it was in The Quest.

Bryan: PC, Android and iOS are for sure, and yes, a console release is also planned. But just planned - we'll see. :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby DeMenchev » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:50 am

I love you guys. Please, don't forget international support. And an even better editor support is something I hope for as well, I pray for your success, and expansions for your games make their value 1000% or something
DeMenchev

Postby TheHuncho » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:12 am

I just finished the Fire and Ice expansion and came here to see about a sequel WOOHOO… Glad yall are still working on it because those screenshots look amazing. The sunlight added makes a world of difference!
TheHuncho

Postby Prickett » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:15 am

I have an idea for food items. Add a counter that is tied to the length of time the party has had the food item in theirs inventory. As the in-game time progresses, the food goes from good (providing a full nights’ sleep with bonus health for humans, unusable for undead), to stale (full nights sleep for either human or undead characters, with no bonus), to rotten (full nights’ sleep with bonus for undead, unusable for humans). This will add a time component to the consideration of holding onto food items. This will also be a buff to Rasvim characters.
Prickett

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:09 pm

Android requirements changed substantially by the end of 2021 and it took way more time than we anticipated to update The Quest. We are back to building Betrayed now though. :) Enjoy the new screenshots:

http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot05.jpg
http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot06.jpg
http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot07.jpg
http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot08.jpg

Next time we'll go outside and check the nature. :)

Ps: thanks for the idea about the food Prickett, but we already have a "food handling system" for this game and don't want to make it even more complex. :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:38 am

Understandable, no need to further delay development. I’m glad you’re back at work on Betrayed! I love the shadows in the screen shots. Will they be dynamic and move as the sun makes its way across the sky?
Prickett

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 pm

Yes, of course. And when the Sun goes down, you'll see the Moon raising - at least if there will be not too much cloud in the sky. :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:36 am

Excellent! I’m so excited to get lost in this world you’re creating. :)
Prickett

Postby epoch32 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:01 am

So the screenshots confuse me, is the gameplay turn-based like TQ1, or is it similar to the real-time combat of early Elder Scrolls games?
epoch32

Postby Eyex » Wed May 04, 2022 6:04 am

If I am right Elendil or Sylon said in a previous post that the game will be grid based like The Quest, but not turn based. The screenshot must have been taken while actually turning the player inside the editor.
Eyex

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:41 pm

It's Summertime, so let's go out for a walk in the nature! Here are the newest screenshots from The Quest's sequel, featuring dark forests, shiny-sunny fields and snowy places.
Next time we'll travel into the Dark. :)

http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot09.jpg
http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot10.jpg
http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot11.jpg
http://redshift.hu/screenshots/betrayed ... shot12.jpg

(And yes, Eyex is right, the game will be grid based but not turn based.)
Sylon / Redshift

PreviousNext

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)