The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: The Quest II

Postby Mayis_GG » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:28 am

Any updates on the release date of "The Quest II"?
Mayis_GG

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:36 am

Sorry guys, we were (and are) very busy with making and releasing the new hi-res version of The Quest. It still will take time because of the many updates (the PC market is very demanding : ), also because of the different ports (iPad, Mac, Android, etc.) and because of remaking some expansions. And also we have to finish and release the fantasy card/board game first. So TQII's development has some pause now. Will continue when things will calm down again around us.

Void000: I think we can do that interview but only via email (our English is not the best), so if you're still interested, please write to us.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Luuthian » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:52 am

Had no idea your team was having such a rough time Sylon, hope you all are able to pull through! I still rave about The Quest and the PC version is by far the best of the versions so far, even if it's just a high res update it feels so much cleaner and plays smoother than previous versions.

There's another company behind Redshift? Is that a publisher or are you guys independent? Just curious what the scenario is. I realize you probably can't talk in depth given potential NDA's or personal reasons but though i'd ask.

EDIT: Have you guys spoken to any game sites at all? Kotaku or some lets plays would probably give you guys a huge shot in the arm, and this game really deserves it.
Luuthian

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks, Luuthian! We had rough times but hopefully now everything will be OK. Don't worry about us. : )

No, there is no other company behind us - I mean we two have a common, registered company here in our country, and that's all. We are totally independent.

And yes, we're just sending out emails to all possible gaming sites (including Kotaku) about TQ1's new PC version, so let's hope the best!
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Void000 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:00 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Sorry guys, we were (and are) very busy with making and releasing the new hi-res version of The Quest. It still will take time because of the many updates (the PC market is very demanding : ), also because of the different ports (iPad, Mac, Android, etc.) and because of remaking some expansions. And also we have to finish and release the fantasy card/board game first. So TQII's development has some pause now. Will continue when things will calm down again around us.

Void000: I think we can do that interview but only via email (our English is not the best), so if you're still interested, please write to us.

Thanks, I will compile a list. I am really eager to talk with you guys! :D
Void000

Postby Longbow520 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:26 pm

I thing a neat idea would be a sort of creation kit(like in skyrim) but on IOS. It would have the set pieces used in the original game as well as the ability to add more items (sprites). It would have a section which would allow you to download and upload player made "mods". Some of the REALY good and well made mods could be made into DLC!
Longbow520

Re:murder and crime

Postby Longbow520 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Have you noticed that citizens (who should really have names) are immortal? I have a sword they deals 125 damage, I hit a villager like 20 times and nothing happened, anyone notice anything wrong with that?
Longbow520

Re: Jail

Postby Longbow520 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Have you noticed that the prison system is kinda meh? I think it should work like this.
You commit a crime and you receive "crime points"
A. (1-10) you are sent to the pillory (30 seconds per crime point you lose Stanama and get a minor temporary debuf)
B. (11-20) you are whipped (10 seconds per crime point you lose health and get a temporary debuf)
C. (21-50) you are sent to prison (maybe with 5 seconds of jail time per crime point)
D. (51-300) you are enslaved in the quarry's (you have to mine one peace of ore per 2 crime points)
E. (302-700) you are chained in prison (you get a minor temporary debuf and can only leave the prison if you remove the shackles(you have to remove both shackles))
F. (701-up) you are chained in the quarry's (you get a minor temporary debuf and can only leave the prison if you remove the shackles(you have to remove both shackles))
This would give the game a more realistic feel (these were real medieval punishments).
Longbow520

Re: the dark arts, Necromancy and summoning

Postby Longbow520 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Necromancy and summoning would be AWESOME!

Necromancy, basically you can reanimate dead enemy's. Some necromancy would be temporary and some would be permanent. There are 2 kinds of reanimation.
1.mindless reanimation. Reanimates semi-sentiment dead corpses (the zombies are semi-sentient and can be equipped with weapons)
2. Sentient reanimation. Basically the subject knows who they are and often shows horror at who they are. This spell could be used in several quests for the necromancy cult/guild.

Summoning
There are 3 types of summoning, spell summoning, ritual summoning, and shrine summoning.
1. Spell summoning simply requires a spell. It generally gets week creatures but some are strong. It usually fades after a while, but some are permanent.
2. Ritual summoning requires ether chalk or a special spell to create a pentacle (a five pointed star) after it is created the creature must be summoned and will follow the player around until death. (Note that some unlock quests)
3. Shrine summoning. Basically like the dadraic shrines in skyrim. Once activated a demonic creature will give the player a quest. These shrines tend to have well equipped followers who will not attack the player unless provoked.
Longbow520

Re:vampires and werewolves!

Postby Longbow520 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Why doesn't this game have vampires and werewolves or at least vampires, I mean vampires definitely do exist in the quest world (in the card game you know)

Vampires, get a good sized magic buff, have the ability to suck life force out of people, can bite necks, can grow wings and "fly" (you basically go several times faster), had night vision, gets a debuf in the sun

Werewolves, a bit stronger than other people, can morph from standard, to half-form (like in skyrim), and full form (basically a big wolf), any enchanted silver weapons deal 15% more damage to you know mater what form you are in.

If you morph when near people they will attack (unless they are in a faction friendly to vampires/werewolves).
Longbow520

Quest lines quest lines, were for art thou quest lines? Guil

Postby Longbow520 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Have you noticed how few quest lines there are? Like 1, and that's the main quest line. I remember the completeing the dragon cult quest and thinking "cool now I get to do all these neat quests for these guys"! Nope!
It was like they ceased to exist.
I just wish that there were some joinable guilds like, a mages guild, a mercinarys guild, a mages guild(with more than one quest), an assassins guild, a cult or to, and a thieves guild (that gives you jobs).
I get that making all of these would be difficult but a few cant be to much to ask for.
Longbow520

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky, staby, staby, staby!

Postby Longbow520 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Sneaking sucks, no correction! Sneaking doesn't exist, I love you redshift, I really do, but WHAT THE HECK IS IT WITH SNEAKING!!!!!

I'm sorry I got worked up, but seriously sneaking would be nice, mabye with an attack bonus?
Longbow520

Postby grantrob202 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi Guys - now that Quest for PC has been completed, are you able to get time to continue development for Quest 2? Sorry to pester you but we just love Quest 1 so much and cant wait for the sequel!
grantrob202

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:46 am

Yep, the development is continuing again, this time with the help of Stewe, again. : ) In the meantime we also have to make the Android version of TQ, so we still can't fully concentrate on TQ2. But its development started again a few weeks ago, which is a good news I think. : )

Thank you all for the ideas, of course all of them will be considered. (We already have a long to-do list for TQ2 which includes many of the ideas you wrote here.)
Sylon / Redshift

TQ2 Wish List

Postby Soldat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:39 am

Comming from an experienced level designer, as well as a fan of TQ on OS. I belive i have some irreplaceble feedback for you guys...

• Interactivity Depth
Including clever ways to interact with your world enviornment can help immerse players into the game. For exmple; Arrows activating switches from a distance, A grappling hook that can be used as a utility to get around dungeons, or in combat adding strategy to the surrounding enviornment. In TQ1 i recal being able to use ropes to cross gaps, crushing rocks blocking paths, and finding hidden switches on walls. These are great examples already implemented in your game.

• Sandbox
Allow players to get creative with their arsenal. Continuing with the last bit on interactivity... witholding arbitrary restrictions like only being able to use ropes to cross certain gaps, or crush certain rocks, and instead build the game world around these options. With some paths leading to extra loot, or secret lore. Think about magic spells blasting open cracked stone walls revealing a secret room, or spell allowing you to see hidden traps, or locate enemies before they apear in front of you.

• Enviornment Hazards
New dungeon traps: rolling boulders you have to move out of the way to avoid, trap doors. Make sure players can disarm these traps as well, but at the same time don't make them obvious.

If you have questions regarding level design please feel free to messege me i'd love to contribute to this great game can't wait for the sequal!!
Soldat

Postby Keizo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:10 pm

One thing missing from the Quest that I would love to see in it's sequel is Two Handed Weapons. I never was much of a one handed weapon and shield type...gotta have that intimidating over-compensating claymore that is twice my size ya know... x)
Keizo

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:06 am

As usual, thanks for all the suggestions here, we'll consider them during the development. But one thing is for sure: there WILL be two handed weapons in the game. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Vladar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:41 am

Hello, is there any update on the release date for The Quest 2? I was delighted to find a new expansion Cursed Stone for the original quest series but I am still very excited about the new game being released!
Vladar

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Development is still in the early stages. Any prediction on when it'll be released will be highly inaccurate. But I'd expect it in the second half of 2017.

(Also Vladar, you might want to check the email address you've used to sign up on the forums. We received an automated reply from it for the "Post approved" email the forum sent.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Vladar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Oops sorry that's because it's my work email and I'm on maternity leave!
Vladar

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:47 pm

No worries. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby StrayCat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 pm

I really like The Quest, if I had to change something in the game I would like the interface at the bottom of the play screen or on the left side instead of the right side of the screen.
And there is also another thing, in the Quest it happens often that you walk through things like trees that dont't stop the character but it is very hard for the eyes to watch it, I think it would be important to avoid such things in the new game and make the environment less confusing compared to the movement posdibilities of the player.
One final thing, please consider porting those games to the Nintendo Switch, I'm going to buy it and I'd love to play The Quest and The Quest 2 on it
StrayCat

Postby Belenus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 pm

I totally, totally hope there is a "Druid" class and nature spells added.
Belenus

Postby Soldat » Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Are you guys still in line to release the second half of 2017? Will it be available for windows phones? If not, what platforms?

What retro games to you guys as a team take insperastion from? Maybe from the older tes'?

Have you considered adding farming elements into the game? Woodcutting, fishing, etc?

Are their options for players to purchase property? Or maybe other land assets?

Sorry if any of these have been answered already :) Still looking forward to TQII XD
Soldat

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed May 10, 2017 4:42 pm

StrayCat: in TQ2 the game interface will be much more flexible, don't worry about that. Hopefully the "confusing environment" situation will also be more polished. And yes, we plan to make and release console ports of this game (but not sure about the exact console types - we'll see).

Belenus: yes, there will be nature spells in the game, and yes, there will be a druid class too. : )

Soldat:
1: No, the game's development will be longer than we thought back in December 2016 - since that we again had a member change so now again just the two of us (Elendil and I) are developing the game. But don't worry, slowly but surely the game will be finished. : )
2: Yes, usually our inspiration comes from retro RPGs back in the '90s like the Ishar or the Eye of the Beholder saga or the older TES games. (But with TQ2 we're going in our own direction.)
3. Yes, there will be some farming elements in TQ2. (Fishing and hunting, for example.)
4. No, at least now we are not planning this "purchase property or land assets" function.
Sylon / Redshift

PreviousNext

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)