The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: The Quest II

Postby Catacomber » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:01 am

When the new high res graphics came out both my partner Dr. Vlad and I were so excited. I'm equally excited by the new graphics for the Quest II. That Lich is fantastic. I'm not sure if it would be feasible or worth slowing up the Quest II to have some possibility of the older low res graphics but in my humble opinion, they were fine for the games made with them at the time but pushing the graphics to a new level is a good thing.

It is, of course, a matter of taste but I think the new graphics for the Quest II are stunning.
Catacomber

Postby Reckoner » Thu May 14, 2020 11:44 pm

Reckoner

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri May 15, 2020 10:10 pm

...and I am once again writing: it's up to Elendil. :) I'll post screenshots as soon as I can build the world itself but I'm still waiting for the game's editor. (Last week he said he will finish the first usable version within a month.) Until that I'm drawing even more stuff for the game. :) Right now character portraits. Here you go, some examples:

Sylon / Redshift

Postby Catacomber » Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 am

Those are fantastic and well worth waiting for.
Catacomber

Postby grantrob202 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:53 am

Loving all of the screenshots and artwork so far guys - keep up the great work!

As has previously been discussed, I am so excited for this game that I am also happy to donate if it helps to get the editor module expedited. :D
grantrob202

Postby Reckoner » Sun May 24, 2020 1:18 am

Those are some quality portraits! Thanks for sharing. :D
Reckoner

Postby Lupinos » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am

How did you manage to hire Ian McKellen?! :O XD
(2nd pic, 1st row, 3rd char)
„Eigentlich weiß man nur, wenn man wenig weiß. Mit dem Wissen wächst der Zweifel." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lupinos

Postby Reckoner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:I'll post screenshots as soon as I can build the world itself but I'm still waiting for the game's editor. (Last week he said he will finish the first usable version within a month.)

Has the editor been finished, or is Elendil still getting it ready?
Reckoner

Postby mistcloakedmountains » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Will The Quest 2 have the ability for an expansion to auto adjust to the characters' levels?
mistcloakedmountains

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:26 pm

Reckoner: well, finally I got something from Elendil... The editor is far from being finished, but something I... well, something I'll be able to use after a few updates. :) But it's OK, at last a sign of life from Elendil! Now I'm getting used to it and after a few updates I really can start to build the world itself. So it's sort of a good news. :)

mistcloakedmountains: no, I don't think so. But I'll discuss it with Elendil.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Joona » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Someone might keep checking their messages, anxiously waiting for a text back from a romantic interest. I have immense empathy and understanding for them, because I myself keep checking this thread for updates regarding the development of The Quest II. According to Steam stats, The Quest is my most played single-player game, and thank god for those stats, because that game takes away all sense of time. :)

I have no idea how much work it is to develop an RPG with such a minuscule development team, but hopefully you don't work so much that you begin wishing for a "cure burnout" when drawing a potion. I've never developed a game, nor would I have any ideas for one, but I can imagine it'd be a lot of work with a high risk of burnout on the side. However, I am also greedy for some more of The Quest, so... Are we there yet?
Joona

Postby Bryan Miller » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:38 am

Hey Sylon,

Hope you are well and also hope development is going well. I was curious if the quest 2 will feature some kind of cloud save support that will allow seamless switching between devices like pc and iphone?

One of the things I loved about the quest remaster was that I could move my save from my pc to my iphone and continue my adventure on the go and then move it back to my PC later, but the whole the process of moving my save back and forth got pretty tedious over time.
Bryan Miller

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Bryan Miller wrote:Hope you are well and also hope development is going well. I was curious if the quest 2 will feature some kind of cloud save support that will allow seamless switching between devices like pc and iphone?

That's not possible without running our own servers, which is beyond our capabilities (or plans, especially for a single player game ;)).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Bryan Miller » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:
Bryan Miller wrote:Hope you are well and also hope development is going well. I was curious if the quest 2 will feature some kind of cloud save support that will allow seamless switching between devices like pc and iphone?

That's not possible without running our own servers, which is beyond our capabilities (or plans, especially for a single player game ;)).

Totally understand. Appreciate the response! :)
Bryan Miller

Postby Bryan Miller » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:02 am

Hey there devs,

Any updates on the quest 2?
Bryan Miller

Postby Reckoner » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:36 am

I'd appreciate an update as well. :)
Reckoner

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:00 am

Sorry guys but I had no real news... I still had to wait and until that I made even more character portraits and so on. :) But now I have news! At least one: yesterday finally, after months (or years?) of waiting finally I got the First, Real, Usable The Quest II Editor from Elendil! :) So now I can start to work on the world itself, I mean building it. Of course it doesn't have all the functions yet but it's stable and good for building the base of the world itself, with tons of maps, models, textures, etc. So hang on! I'll post any news or screenshots when it's time.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Happy to hear progress is being made. Take your time, I know it’ll be worth it, and please continue to keep us updated on the process! Any news at all is quite exciting
Prickett

Postby Eyex » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:23 pm

I know that I have not been active on the forum for a long while in the means of posting anything, but I have been following along with every little update, and collecting tidbits of information about The Quest 2. Congratulations for you guys - all the hard work that you put into the development of the sequel is unbelievable! Mind-blowing artwork and now, finally a working editor! When can we expect the first screenshot? I would be perfectly satisfied with a pre-pre-pre release, alpha shot :) We have been waiting for a long time, and I have never been more excited about a game!
Eyex

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:59 am

Just a short sign of life: yes, we're working on the game at last! I'm editing the world itself since 2 months but there will be no screenshots until it really looks like TQII. :) The editor is still missing many important functions regarding the graphics, which is the most important thing for me now. Our plan is to finish them all during the following months, so the first screenshots can come around the end of this Spring. Then in the Summer we'll begin to populate the world with all NPCs, quests etc.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Glad to hear progress is being made, keep it up you two! Also, when TQ2 releases, will we have access to the editor as well?
Prickett

Postby DeafTivica » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:45 pm

I think i'll say one word....squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Lady Tivica
DeafTivica

Postby insight spinner » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:24 am

Amazing news!! Thank you for keeping the updates coming. Will check back later in Spring...
insight spinner

Postby Bryan Miller » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:22 pm

Hey devs,

I hope development is going well. Anything new to share?
Bryan Miller

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:04 pm

Yep, my plan was to start to populate the world in this Summer but this task went to this Autumn, sorry. I have to wait for Elendil who still develops the graphic part of the World Editor. As soon as I can I'll make screenshots for you, that's for sure.
Sylon / Redshift

PreviousNext

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)