The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: The Quest II

Postby midnitdragoon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:47 am

As someone who played the quest on my old ipod touch im just so excited for this new game. However there will be lots of people that never played quest 1. Would it be possible to bundle quest 1 in with quest 2 that way people know where the greatness began??? Also will there be tame spells for animals or ways to imprison other baddies to follow your orders in quest2?

Maybe a quick play option for random rogue like madness would be sweet =).
midnitdragoon

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:22 am

The Quest was not Redshift's first game, so it isn't where the greatness began, although I do think an App Store bundle would be great, especially considering the expansions that both games are bound to have.
wolf3167

Postby Prickett » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Would chillingo publishing the game interfere with redshift createing bundles at all? I do not know anything about the behind the scenes of the App Store at all, so if it has a obvious answer, forgive me.
Prickett

Postby TheObsidian » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Any word on how much TQ II is gonna be? I have $6 saved for that bad boy 8)
"This won't stop your soul from getting ripped out, but at least you'll look good when your corpse hits the ground."
TheObsidian

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:12 am

I don't think you should save that money right now, TQ2 will be released waaaay later... But I don't think it will cost more than that 6 bucks. : )

Sorry for the long pause, nowadays I'm also concentrating on finishing the card game. Of course you still can post here any suggestions for TQ2, but we'll consider them later, when TQ2's development will get to that point. Thanks!

Prickett: we could and we can do any bundles we want, that's not a problem.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jmoody123450 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Hey,

I just first want to say I have been playing this Quest since its release date a few years back, and have loved the game. I wasn't aware there were so many expansions, because after I beat Island of Ice and Fire and then Hero of L1, I thought that was it, so now I have been going over the expansions and loving every single one as much as the last. So I thank you all for making a great game that fits everything I love about old school RPG games in it. However, I do have one request for the possible Quest 2. All my other concerns or requests have been named, but I would really like to the Q2 to have a feature that allows you to go back to a person who gives you a quest and give another rundown on what you have to do. I find that I will go a few days without playing the game after receiving a quest and when I come back, I can't seem to remember what I was doing or where to go. And the quest descriptions are extremely vague and going back to the quest giver just have npc to ask if you have finished the quest. And for now I have been screen shotting the quest descriptions to refer back to, but that gets hard to go back and forth to after time.
I would also like to have a book or some sort of way of showing what all the illnesses do to a person. Not just when you receive it, but in general. In case I want to enchant my weapon with a disease to it, I want to know how that disease will affect other mobs. Those are just some ideas I have had.
Jmoody123450

Postby mangoose » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Is it just me, or is the hype train slowly grinding to a halt?
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Prickett » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 pm

I don't know, I'm still hyped about it. I think all of our questions have been answered, so we just stopped asking.
Prickett

Postby abstractcolors215 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:57 am

I'm just as excited for this game as ever!..I'm just patiently waiting until they have more info about it to post & I'm waiting for its release! :]
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Michele☆L » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:42 am

I'm glad to see the making of The Quest 2. I've played through the expansions stand alone and enabled. I'm currently starting again on my new iPhone 6 plus. The new game will look great! I better get back to writing guides.
Michele☆L

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Be patient please - TQ2 will see the light someday, that's for sure, but now we have to concentrate on the card game. Elendil again has little time for programming and because of my financial problems I also have to work on other things too to stay alive. Hmm, the joy of independent gamemaking. : ) Hopefully after the first game's release all our problems will be solved so we'll be able to concentrate on making games in a fulltime job again, just like we did back in 2004-2010.
So, as you could read in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: DON'T PANIC!
Sylon / Redshift

Postby abstractcolors215 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:57 am

Totally understandable. I always enjoyed the card game from TQ, so I'm looking forward to this card game! :D
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby castor » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:44 pm

It seems that currently old school RPGs have become quite popular. AFAIK, both Grimrok and Might&Magic X sold really well, and there are plenty of other retro titles, both isometric and grid-based first person, that are doing just fine on Steam. The quality fo the previous Redshift games is great, so in the current market situation the PC version of The Quest 2 has the potential to become quite successful. Do you guys plan to put the game on Steam Greenlight or maybe GOG.com?
castor

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:56 am

Yes, we'll sell it on the PC market too this time, on all popular sites. We have no really high expectations with our following project (the fantasy card game), hopefully it will bring enough income to keep us alive during TQ2's development. But for TQ2 we'll have high expectations and much more plans. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 am

If you are selling your Fantasy Card Game on ios mobile--the important thing to remember is to make a thread at Touch Arcade and then try to keep it updated with loyal followers posting their impressions--the visibility of a thread at Touch Arcade is what keeps selling games on ios mobile.
Catacomber

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Yep, we know that! But if you have a game on the market since years, even an active thread on TA doesn't help much. (We tried it a few times in the last 5-6 years with no real effect. : )
By the way, once in September of 2014 we had a small but real high peak of sales for a few weeks - and it was because there was an article on TA in the 'RPG reload' series which was based on The Quest. (Here it is: http://toucharcade.com/2014/09/04/rpg-r ... uest-gold/ ) THAT was a big help. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:21 am

Yah but we're talking now about your new games. You have to try to keep the threads active on Touch Arcade. And maybe advertise there if you can. It's really the only place an advertisement buck is going to be a good investment. : )
Catacomber

Postby fuser » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:23 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yep, we know that! But if you have a game on the market since years, even an active thread on TA doesn't help much. (We tried it a few times in the last 5-6 years with no real effect. : )
By the way, once in September of 2014 we had a small but real high peak of sales for a few weeks - and it was because there was an article on TA in the 'RPG reload' series which was based on The Quest. (Here it is: http://toucharcade.com/2014/09/04/rpg-r ... uest-gold/ ) THAT was a big help. : )

Hi Sylon - might I suggest that a decent update to the original Quest would also gain a spike in sales: recent examples of this have been Tomb Raider Guardian of Light and GTA Chinatown wars...
something reasonably simple like the ability to delete quests and sort them in order, or to add your own photo for the avatar, extra mark/recall slots, a full screen map option, maybe add an extra bonus dungeon or something etc etc- I'm sure your fans could help with suggestions!!
Or even adding mercenaries - NPCs who can fight for you?

This would again put you on the front page of TouchArcade I'm sure which would generate more sales!

LOVE the game by the way - best app on the store: I've been playing it since it was released!!
fuser

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Cat: as I said yes, we know that. : ) Since 2003 (when Legacy was first released) I'm always working on that on the actual popular forums, at least for a while after a game's release. Don't worry about that. : )

Fuser: I already done things like that with TQ since 2006 (like making a new version with new monsters, maps, items etc) and they helped a little, but just a little. Even an expansion can't help much after a while. Every game has its own life and TQ's life is already too long. Of course I'm happy for that but it's already a wonder how it still gets some new players after so many years, even with a dated graphic engine. This game is way over its peak and I have no problem with that. Sorry but TQ will not get any more serious updates (except one graphic engine update which will mean higher resolution modes). I have just one problem: it's a shame that we still can't release a new RPG. : ) But things will change.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby fuser » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi Sylon - the new graphic engine sounds interesting: do you have any screenshots??

All I would ask for in your final update then is the abillity to delete unfinished quests from the list, if at all possible. After playing through so many hours of the game, several quests are still listed with no way to either finish or fail them..

I'll take this opportunity to say thank you for the Quest, and I very much look forward to the Quest II :)
fuser

Postby luhuanghui » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:46 pm

in one word ,make it liked might and magic 6,need not so many independent expansions,just integrate them together
luhuanghui

Postby Lyros » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:33 am

Might we see multiplayer capabilities in quest 2?
Lyros

Postby wolf3167 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:50 pm

I know this is dead, but please, no.
wolf3167

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:45 pm

What do you mean with 'dead', Wolf? Nothing is dead. : ) I just keep this thread for ideas for TQ2, sorry for not answering all of them, but I'm checking in from time to time, that's for sure. I'll be more active here when I'll see more clearly all the possibilities we can have during the development of this game. Right now we're not there because we're still stuck with the card game which is no more a card game, I mean there will be no cards in it. : ) More info about it will come soon, but I know you already hate this game because it stands before the way of TQ2's development. : ) Please don't do it. This is a complicated and long story. We _have_ to finish it, firstly because we already spent years with its development, and secondly because we'll need some income for TQ2's real development.
Until that, as usual, I'm the only one who does things for this project in my spare time. In the past few months I finished all the graphic art for the world of the game, except the monsters/NPCs. Then I started to work out the story, I mean the full main storyline with all its submissions. I'm still working on that here and there but most of it is done. Now I'll start to work on the monsters/NPCs but I'm still afraid of this work because it will be the biggest task for me, graphically. It would be easier to have a 3D modeller dude here at Redshift but we have no money for that and of course 3D animated models could damage the 'old school hand drawn' feeling and look of the game. So I think I'll do all of them myself, again... All monsters' and NPCs' sprites will be about 500-600 pixels tall, which is not a problem, but I have to animate them, with not just a few frames like I did in The Quest. They must walk softly from the front view, from the side view, from the back view, the monsters also have to attack, hurt, dead... Too many large, detailed sprites. In the last few days I tried to search other ways of doing this but couldn't find a real satisfying one. So I'm afraid everything will be done in the oldschool way.

Lyros: no, right now we are not planning multiplayer functions for TQ2, but this could change in the future.

Fuser: no, there are no screenshots, and yes, we plan to make the ability to delete unfinished quests. Thank you for the nice words, by the way! And sorry for the late answer. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:16 pm

It's good to see you on here, Sylon! It looks like you have alot done already! :]
Beckie
abstractcolors215

PreviousNext

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)