The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel.

Re: The Quest II

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Because some of you asked for new art in a different topic, here are a few things. So yes, TQ2 IS in development. :) But please understand that I can do nothing now, just waiting for Elendil to finish the game's world editor. He said yesterday that within a month he will be ready with an usable version, so at last I'll be able to build the world. After that, as soon as I can I'll post some screenshots here, I promise! :)

So, on the first two pictures you can see frames from some of the new interior animations (there will be 15 of them): the jewelry, the gambling house, the dark crypt (all stuff related to necromancy, blood magic and demonology) and the witch lair (all stuff related to maleficium and quackery).

Sylon / Redshift

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Here are some non-player characters from the game which will walk around mostly in the cities (there are 25 different types, The Quest contained only 5), including a nobleman, peasant woman, sailor, friar, adventurer, merchant, some children, old man etc.

Sylon / Redshift

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:24 pm

And here are some monsters - yeah, monsters from TQ2! Including the fearsome Lich! The powerful Ram Demon! A Barbarian Woman from the snowy north! And a tricky Ranger from the nearby forest! :) All of them has own, special abilities - and of course all monsters are finished for the game, waiting for me to put them inside the world.

Sylon / Redshift

Postby Reckoner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:42 pm

Those look fantastic! I especially like the old man, the Ram Demon and the Lich. You said the monsters have 80-100 frames each, and that you hand draw them all, right? That's incredible. The hand drawn style creates a unique aesthetic not seen in many games these days. Can't wait to experience the art in game!
Reckoner

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Yep, that's not 3D as usual nowadays, that's 2D art. And yes, they have around 100 animation frames each, including 3-4 different attack variations, and a death, so at last you can see them all die (that can be very satisfying after you beat them!) and you can rob their corpse if you want. :)

Gerganwulf: sorry I don't think there will be vampire or werewolf race. But yes, you will meet with some very cool new diseases! :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Reckoner » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:03 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:so at last you can see them all die (that can be very satisfying after you beat them!)

That's one thing The Quest lacked, huh? Thinking back to when my journey first began, it was a bit jarring when I killed my first monster and it simply vanished. I got used to it, but death animations are for sure a welcome change. :D
Reckoner

Postby Prickett » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 pm

Wow these look incredible! Very excited to see them and hear about the progress you two are making
Prickett

Postby imran » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Wow indeed!!! Those look gorgeous, can't wait incredible that those were drawn by hand, very impressive
imran

Postby Schicko » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Damn those look super cool Sylon! I especially like the lich and the ramdemon, the latter of which reminds me a lot of the Barons of Hell from Doom.
Schicko

Postby speedux » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:23 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Because some of you asked for new art in a different topic, here are a few things. So yes, TQ2 IS in development. :)

Reckoner wrote:The hand drawn style creates a unique aesthetic not seen in many games these days. Can't wait to experience the art in game!

Thats exactly what I wanted to say about arts made by Sylon.
Most fantasy games use cartoonish or fairy tale for kids style.
This completely breaks immersion like for me, so I am very hungry for TQ2 with its more mature and atmospheric experience.
These works are just perfect.
speedux

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks, guys - doing our best, as always! :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Gabriel » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Is there anything resembling an ETA? Q1-4 2020? 2021? Anything?
Gabriel

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:06 pm

As they said at id Sotftware back in their golden years: "When it's done". :) Sorry, I really can't say anything more, it doesn't depend on me.
Sylon / Redshift

Previous

Return to The Quest II