New Races?

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: New Races?

Postby Death (warmed over) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 pm

It would be nice to add a plain basic human, no pluses or minuses in anything.
Death (warmed over)
Death (warmed over)

Postby Throbbinwood » Sat May 19, 2018 3:25 am

1 Centaur - stronger, faster, tougher, but all armor needs to be modified (prohibitively expensive, and gets worse over time). Rural people and towns love and respect them, but nobles and city folk spit on them.

2. Celestial - committing even small crimes cause diseases and sickness, and they can become permanent if you don't work hard to redeem yourself.

3. Carrier - though you suffer no symptoms, you carry a terrible disease, and you can infect others through both magic and physical attacks. Major bonuses, but only Rasvim truly accept you. Reputation cap.

4. Fated Trainer - your stats are both powerful and random, so you can't control character growth as well, but you get a baby dragon animal companion. Royal families fear you because there is a prophecy and a historical precedent for your race to be part of a coup.

5. Fey - innate magic and defensive dodge make up for greatly reduced physical presence. All races honor and respect fey, but there are persistent annoying myths, like people chasing you for your diamond turds (which you definitely DO NOT have).

6. Addicts - potion use has caused permanent genetic changes, but you spend time and money devoted to pursuing a fix, including MANDATORY quest chains from hell. All races and cultures openly despise and deceptively seek to manipulate you. Reputation cap.

Some of these seem more like classes, but a decent writer could amend that in a few minutes.
Throbbinwood

Postby cloudtirones » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:23 am

I love monks from final fantasy 1,2,3,5,. Who excels in unarmed.. hope i can play monk in the quest
cloudtirones

Postby Gabriel » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:08 pm

To be it's Rasvim and pretty much anyone else in one bag.

This is how races in games should be done. Unique food, healing, magic. NPC reactions. Lore-wise they have the biggest potential.

Next are the Derth, which aren't human (I guess? No ears?). When I look at it, all the others are just human.

So, in fact Human / Derth (good guys/ elves?) / Rasvim is enough. Better expand these than just add races like "classes".
Gabriel

Postby kohlrak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:37 am

Gabriel wrote:To be it's Rasvim and pretty much anyone else in one bag.

This is how races in games should be done. Unique food, healing, magic. NPC reactions. Lore-wise they have the biggest potential.

Next are the Derth, which aren't human (I guess? No ears?). When I look at it, all the others are just human.

So, in fact Human / Derth (good guys/ elves?) / Rasvim is enough. Better expand these than just add races like "classes".

Yeah, honestly, i don't see the point of races other than the rasvim vs everyone else. They get different starting stats, but if you're in it for the long hault, those don't matter much. Other games, the constant commentary on your race by allies and enemies alike are usually enough to make race feel important, but race stats are rarely something that can't be turned around on it's head.
kohlrak

Postby EynSirMarc » Sun May 08, 2022 12:32 pm

A Dark Elves, Half Elves.
Dark Knight, Knight, Paladin.

Yea I will a Dark Elve called Drizzt do'Urden creating in the Quest 2. :mrgreen:
I Love the Quest and Dungeon and Dragons.
Eyn SirMarc
The Quest: SirMarc a Nogur Knight Monster Killer. ;) :D 8-)
EynSirMarc

Previous

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)