Name of Sequel

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Name of Sequel

Postby pohdoh » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 am

I think this was mentioned before but just wondering if you will keep the name to just "The Quest" again?

Im sure you heard and know this already, but its really hard to find the app and search things up online. Its to a point where it makes it so hard for people to find discussions and videos about the game. The name buries the community since its so generic and fragments the various websites about the game as well.

Maybe add the word Redshift or something in the name? Just some distinguishing feature so new players can find it easier :D
pohdoh

Re: Name of Sequel

Postby Skylar1146 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:04 pm

I agree. Whenever I tell my friends to go play it, they sort of chuckle because, let's be honest, it's about as placeholder and chiche a name you could get.
It's also a pain to search up any info because if you type in "The Quest" it will bring up just about any RPG ever!

A thought is, in order to inform those that played the original that this is the sequel, it to have a subtitle or something under a new name that it is "The Sequel to The Quest".
Skylar1146

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:59 am

No, TQ2 will not have the title "TQ2". : ) It's just the working title. Yes, it's too generic and as a game TQ2 will be so different that we'll use a brand new title. But yes, we'll keep the TQ2 in the subtitle.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby pohdoh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:No, TQ2 will not have the title "TQ2". : ) It's just the working title. Yes, it's too generic and as a game TQ2 will be so different that we'll use a brand new title. But yes, we'll keep the TQ2 in the subtitle.

Sounds great!
Hopefully the name Redshift is included so people can find this forum easier :)
pohdoh

Postby Angel The Wonder Dog » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:21 am

you know, i think a good name would be like a word in Shakespearian (please hope i spelled that correctly) that means adventure or another synonym to quest.
Angel The Wonder Dog

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)