Eldfell inkeeper quests

Forum for discussing the official expansion.

Eldfell inkeeper quests

Postby Tkd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:13 pm

I am struggling with two quests. First for the innkeepers brother quest, I have the letter and ring, but he does not acknowledge this, rather just asking if I have found anything. Lastly, for the find the counterfeiter quest, I cannot get berg to engage in conversation. He just says hail to me or something. Last two quests to clear
Tkd

Re: Eldfell inkeeper quests

Postby Michele_L » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:01 pm

For the innkeeper's brother, be sure you only have one of each item. Sometimes things re-spawn, and if you have more than one the quest won't finish. Drop any extras.

For the counterfeit quest, you may need higher persuade. Did you talk to Lennora at the back side of the inn?
Michele_L

Postby Tkd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 pm

For the brother portion, I did have two of the notes. I dropped one outside the inn and went and talked to him. No dice.
For the counterfeiter, I did talk to Len Nora, and she was of little help. Have a brief description of the individual and then said she has to go back to work. My persuasion is at 60
Tkd

Postby Tkd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Got the innkeeper brother quest to work. Still can't get the counterfeiter one
Tkd

Postby Tkd » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 am

Changed equipment to drive my persuasion up to 110, and still no dice
Tkd

Postby Michele_L » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 am

It's been a while since I played. Do you have the dialogue option about the counterfeit? Try going back to the innkeeper maybe.
Michele_L

Postby Tkd » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Here is what I get from the three relevant people...

Innkeeper: inspect "you look upset," he responds with "any news friend?" My only option for response is not yet.

Berg: no dialogue option is available. He sings my praises but I have no ability to engage him in dialogue

Lennora: I can ask her "about the fake." She responds with a paragraph with a description of the individual and a desire to send a special treat to him in prison. I have no option to respond.
Tkd

Postby Bryan Miller » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Hey Tkd this was a quest I was never able to complete either in the Quest classic. Persuasion was at 82, so more than enough and I got the same dialogue options.
Bryan Miller

Postby Tkd » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:35 pm

I figured it out (eventually). I had stashed the fake coin in my permanent storage and did not have it when I talked to Berg. Once I had it with me he confessed and all is well
Tkd

Postby Bryan Miller » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Tkd wrote:I figured it out (eventually). I had stashed the fake coin in my permanent storage and did not have it when I talked to Berg. Once I had it with me he confessed and all is well

Great, that's good to know!
Bryan Miller

Postby Michele_L » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Glad you figured it out!
Michele_L

Postby Pka4916 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Tkd wrote:I figured it out (eventually). I had stashed the fake coin in my permanent storage and did not have it when I talked to Berg. Once I had it with me he confessed and all is well

I am stuck on this quest..
Where do I get the Fake coin? I talked with the Barkeeper, told to Berg, talked to the lady behind the Inn.
Not getting anywhere.
Pka4916

Postby PexCom » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Hate to revive this topic after 4 years, but I have the exact same problem.

I can't progress this quest at all, the counterfit coin is not in my inventory anymore.

I'm also absolutely positive I didn't sell it / drop it / give it to anyone since I'm very careful about messing up things in these types of games.

The quest is basically the only one of its kind in this genre on android, so having an unfinished quest really bugs me off.

Is there any solution?
PexCom

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:25 am

If you are positive you did have the coin but just get rid of it (so there is no hope for finishing the quest), I can add the coin to your save file. Just this once. ;)

Here are the save file locations: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4624

Send us your save file and I'll add the coin.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby PexCom » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:45 am

Finally, I have solved this quest, although I'm still not sure why it worked.

I've revisited the main game (freymore) to finish some quests.

I've found a coin in the Mythria city sewers, during the quest "Elsibeta's locket". It' s simply marked as "coin", but it worked for completing the counterfeit coin quest.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere so in 4 years for now, if someone else's having this issue, there you go, another solution :)

Great game btw
PexCom

Return to Islands of Ice and Fire