Two Unfinished Quests-HELP!!!!!

Forum for discussing the official expansion.

Two Unfinished Quests-HELP!!!!!

Postby Xionus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:25 pm

How doI complete the "Brother Jago's Scorpion" quest and find the person that killed the other Brother? I got the cup of poison to the gardener, but I don't know what to do next.
Xionus

Re: Two Unfinished Quests-HELP!!!!!

Postby Jacob_L » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:34 am

Brother Jago's Flail is integrated with the "Find Brother Joffrey's Murderer" quest. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember clearly how to solve that quest from the point of finding the poisoned Grail.. sorry :/
Jacob_L

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Xionus, the "Find the Murderer" quest is a large, long one. As far as I can remember you should talk with all characters in and around the Abbey. There are two important clerics outside the Abbey, they usually just walk around the Garden and the Cemetery, and there are many other characters inside, on the first and second (and third) floor of the Abbey. Talk with everyone after any new information/item you get, probably they have something new to tell you. It's like a real investigation, you have to put together the story from the little parts you can hear from this or that person. At one point of this quest you will need to find some secret items too, like the journal of the murdered brother in his room. And be sure your Persuade skill is high enough - I think if you have around 50 skill points you will get true answers from persons who previously just lied to you.
I hope this helps. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jamie990 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:14 pm

if you need mroe help with the murder quest heres the guide by Michele_L

You'll need to find your way to the Abbey of Thule to the southwest of the Village of Thule.
Once you reach Thule Abbey, you will need to go to the small wooden door to the right of the large gates. The guard there will give you the key to the large gates.

Find and talk to the Abbot and talk to him. You'll learn about brother Joffrey being murdered. You need to ask about checking out brother Joffrey's room for clues.

Brother Joffrey's room is along the outer corridor of the Abbey on the west side. (There's a slight blood stain on the floor in front of the door) Go inside and find the goblet on the shelf. Take it to Brother Joram in the garden outside of the Abbey. Brother Joram will tell you there is hemlock poison inside the goblet.
Find and talk to Sister Pamfila (You'll need 48+ persuade) to find your next clue - Brother Benedetto.Sister Pamfila can be found in the green colored building in the middle area of the Abbey.
Find and talk to Brother Benedetto (The brother out by the cemetery of Thule) He will tell you to make sure you've checked brother Joffrey's room good enough for clues.
Go to brother Joffrey's room and you'll find his journal behind the green painting. (It's to the left of the shelf where you found the poisoned goblet)
Read the journal.
Talk to the Abbot about what was written in brother Joffrey's journal. The Abbot will tell you that he's going to his secret library. Tap the east wall in the Abbot's room until it opens to his secret library. Tap all of the ladders that you see until you find the Abbot’s journal.
Read the journal.
You'll find the Scorpion Flail for brother Jago on a shelf here.

Find the boy Daku walking around inside the northeast corridor surrounding the Abbey. (Not the boy Celso in the center of the Abbey) Talk to him about doing the errand for the Abbot.

Go to the Ankle of Thule area and find Shusanna's house. (South of the garden and west of the cemetery) Talk to Shusanna. She will tell you about her child that was brought to the Home of Unwanted Children. It's the northern part of Eldfell City. (The door on the west side just before you exit the city) Talk to Hartwin.
After talking to Hartwin, you need to find and talk to Father Valar at the Church of the Poor in Shacktown. (East of Eldfell City). Valar will give you Hartwin's journal.

Read the journal.
Go back to the Abbey of Thule and talk to the Abbot again. He will give you the key for the Cult door. (In the basement of the Abbey) Talk to the cult leader about the Beast.
Go to the governor of Eldfell and talk to him about the Beast. Go back to the Abbot's room. You'll find Boad the Beast there. Talk to him. He will infect you with flesh eater's disease. You'll be transported to an area where Solfecht is. Talk to him. Find and talk to Brother Alvaro in the basement of the abbey to get cure flesh eater potion. Talk to him again and ask him about the Abbot's location. He will tell you the Abbot was heading to the cemetery.
Go to the crypt of Thule to find him. Talk to the Abbot about the Beast. An area towards the back of the crypt will now be opened.

You'll need a rope in this area to get across a gap in the floor.
When you reach the door of the Beast's lair, turn to the left and look for a crack in the wall. Hit it and look inside for the Sword of God. Open the gate and kill the Beast.
You'll find the Redshift Hammer here.
Go back and talk to the Abbot. He will give you the keys to the Abbey. Talk to Brother Joram and give him the sword and keys. He will give you The Maul of Healing.
Go to Eldfell and talk to the Governor about the situation on Thule.
Use the Maul of Healing to fix the Bridge. You just need to walk to the end of it from the Village of Thule area. It will fix and the Maul will disappear. Find Gurutz in the Stone Village to complete the quest.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Michele_L » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Ha! Ha! Ha! :) You should post it into the guide section!
Michele_L

Postby Jamie990 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Michele_L wrote:Ha! Ha! Ha! :) You should post it into the guide section!

Glad PH is back up for a while anyway, lets me use the guides there for a bit longer! Having to save mine now glad I can.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Xionus » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks, this helped alot!! Whoever made this game should get a medal for "Most Creative iPod/iPhone Game".
Xionus

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Xionus wrote:Thanks, this helped alot!! Whoever made this game should get a medal for "Most Creative iPod/iPhone Game".

Thanks! :)

I would have thought that the big 'Redshift' text on the game's loading screen is obvious enough. :D

Redshift is just two of us now, but we did have another programmer on the team when The Quest was originally created and we had a few other helpers. See the 'Credits' ingame for details.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Jamie990 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:
Xionus wrote:Thanks, this helped alot!! Whoever made this game should get a medal for "Most Creative iPod/iPhone Game".

Thanks! :)

I would have thought that the big 'Redshift' text on the game's loading screen is obvious enough. :D

Redshift is just two of us now, but we did have another programmer on the team when The Quest was originally created and we had a few other helpers. See the 'Credits' ingame for details.

Mind if I ask elendil, why does stewie and sylon appear in your expansions but not you? :lol: Always wondered that.
Jamie990

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Jamie, if you mean the non-player-characters in the game, it was just a joke which we (Stewe and I) started in our previous games. Back then Redshift was really just two guys. I think Stewe started it and I thought, "why not", so I put myself in too. This goes to the secret "Redshift" items too which I always put in our games, just for fun. Elendil simply arrived too late, when The Quest's development was in progress, and he always loved to be in the background.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jamie990 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Jamie, if you mean the non-player-characters in the game, it was just a joke which we (Stewe and I) started in our previous games. Back then Redshift was really just two guys. I think Stewe started it and I thought, "why not", so I put myself in too. This goes to the secret "Redshift" items too which I always put in our games, just for fun. Elendil simply arrived too late, when The Quest's development was in progress, and he always loved to be in the background.

Ah ok didn't know he wasn't there from teh start my mind is at rest :lol:
Jamie990

Postby Catacomber » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks! This is my cameo appearance. I'm quite proud that I not only wrote the sideQuests to the Quest. I'm very proud that I helped design the underlying story of Ice and Fire with Sylon and Stewe. It was Stewe's idea to have the great sickness and Sylon and I designed the rest of the game and its graphics around that.

We came up with the idea of the Flesheaters. I don't remember which one of us named the Flesheaters. I think it was me but it's long ago and almost forgotten.

But I do know that I not only wrote the quests in Ice and Fire, I programmed it.

And that's how I cut my teeth in programming. I was a babe then. : )

I have to thank Redshift for that. That's how I learned to ride the bronco that is the Quest editor and to be able to code the games that are now our Zarista Games expansions to the Quest from Luko I now to Horde II coming soon === and we hope to go beyond that---with my partner Dr. Vlad. Dr. Vlad and I are now Zarista Games and we have almost twelve expansions to the Quest under our belt. : ) I hope at some point you will enjoy them. : )

Our expansions are not only the creative joy and effort of Dr. Vlad and me---they are a village --- for each expansion was made with the love and creativity of the betatesters and of course Argimon and Old Shaman and JoeT and Ronak and others who helped with dungeons and so many others, I can't begin to name the others: Silvergirl, Martelius, Liz, Matapiojo, Hawkfire, Gbol, Lord Yuz, Michele_L and so on. You just have to read our credits.

Learning how to code Ice and Fire led me to learning how to code the expansions and that has now led me to learn iphone coding and now even beyond that.

: )

So thanks Redshift! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do all that stuff. : )

I hope you will enjoy our (Zarista Games) expansions.

As I said, this is a cameo appearance as I'm busy with a lot of things, including young children. : ) Our games are family friendly for that reason. I have to thank the young children too for helping. You see my little Meggie's face in our expansions -- she's the Wind Spirit in our HOL expansions and always takes you back to the base game. She's in Ice and Fire too and has her native personality of being little Meggie and no one else. : )

Hey. Maybe this won't be a cameo appearance. : ) We'll see. : )
Catacomber

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Cat! Welcome here. : )

Yeah, it was a hard work making this very first expansion. We had only a few months from the start to finish because we wanted to release it for Christmas. (Of course we failed, it was released a few weeks later...) Cat made the quests and I created the world around the story. In the meantime I also had to teach her how to use the editor to program her quests and non player characters into the game and it was also a hard but nice work. : ) I still remember the winter of 2006/2007 with the snowy months in the real world outside when I had to draw all those snowy things for the game. Dozens of emails every day with Cat, polishing the story, learning how to use the editor, and asking "What's up in New York, Cat? Snow everywhere?" "Yep, Christmas is coming. And there at the European forests?" "Record-breaking snow everywhere, of course. So let's put even more snowy things inside the game, let the players feel our cold."
Every day I worked on the expansion in the daytime here in Hungary, then at the evening I sent the world file over to Cat so she could work on it in her daytime too. And when she finished the work at her evening she sent it back to me so I could start the work at my morning. This was the most effective way ever for working on an expansion I think. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:28 am

BTW, this expansion also has some touch from a great movie called "The Name of the Rose". I always loved this movie so when we decided to have a winterish expansion I told Cat to let's place this sickness story into a monastery with clerics, mysterious murders, investigations and snow, snow everywhere. At least this is what I can recall but it was many years ago... And if some of the players can recognize elements of this film (hey, it even had a secret library inside the monastery just like our expansion has!) we did a good job. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jamie990 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Nice, so much background Love the idea that you folk were working 24hrs kinda on an expansion :) talk about dedication.

Wow! Just from looking at the youtube videos of that file I can see the insperation of it, certainley around the main story the abbey murder.
Jamie990

Postby Catacomber » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:BTW, this expansion also has some touch from a great movie called "The Name of the Rose". I always loved this movie so when we decided to have a winterish expansion I told Cat to let's place this sickness story into a monastery with clerics, mysterious murders, investigations and snow, snow everywhere. At least this is what I can recall but it was many years ago... And if some of the players can recognize elements of this film (hey, it even had a secret library inside the monastery just like our expansion has!) we did a good job. : )

I had totally forgotten that movie! I still have it of course and will have to watch it again. It was very atmospheric and captured its time very well. And I loved the music. And yes, that's where many elements of the story came from--the influence was there---it was a very creative time, that winter. : ) I haven't forgotten that. : )
Catacomber

Postby dudiel24 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 pm

thank you very much.finally i moved on,but somthing strange happend while i have been talking with the governor after killing the beast and return the sword of god he wanted to kill me with dragons and firebirds is that suppose to be?or i doing something wrong?
dudiel24

Return to Islands of Ice and Fire