Bug in Thule Abbey Murder Quest

Forum for discussing the official expansion.

Bug in Thule Abbey Murder Quest

Postby grantrob202 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:03 am

Hi All,

I know I am a late comer to this game but it is brilliant - I love it!

I have recently come across a bug in Fire & Ice which has the potential to prevent you from finishing a number of the associated quests linked to the main Thule Abbey Murder quest. The problem occurs if once you retrieve the poisoned goblet from Brother Jeffrey's room and then go to speak with either Brother Joram or Sister Pamfila and your persuade skill is too low. As has previously been stated, you require a Persuade skill of 48+ to trigger the correct series of conversations with both of these characters so if your persuade skill is too low, you will not get the responses required to progress further.

The "bug" occurs when your Persuade skill is too low and you go back to Brother Jeffrey's room again only to find that the poisoned goblet has reappeared again on the shelf. If you pick up a second poisoned goblet and have this in your inventory, then even if you increase your Persuade skill to the required level afterwards, the necessary conversations with Brother Joram and Sister Pamfila never get triggered whilst you have both poisoned goblets (or more as the goblet keeps reappearing) in your inventory.

The trick here to get around this bug is to go outside and drop all the goblets from your inventory on to the ground. Then go back (once your Persuade skill is 48+) and pick up the poisoned goblet again and then go back and restart your conversations with Brother Joram and Sister Pamfila - the correct sequence of responses will now become available to you and you can complete all the associated quests
Hope this helps some people as I was stuck with this bug for days before I worked it out

Regards
grantrob202

Re: Bug in Thule Abbey Murder Quest

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Good info, thanks.
Gaucho

Return to Islands of Ice and Fire