Cave of Fire - Is there any quest/goodies to find here?

Forum for discussing the official expansion.

Cave of Fire - Is there any quest/goodies to find here?

Postby Jerry » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 am

Hi, I've solved almost all the quests in F&I except for 3 where I have problems:

1. Comfort the Zombie Girl - I simply can't find enuf flowers anywhere (even tried all the shops in Vastares, Matras etc), hence giving up on this one.
2. Quiet the Orc - I spoke with the Orc and paid him to stop singing. Then when I returned to inform brother joram about it I am unable to find any dialogue to inform him about it. I only get the sword dialogue (I have already completed the Sword of God quest and handed it over to him). Now, when I return to talk to the Orc, his cabin is empty.
3. Kill Erhard's infected son - I 've looked everywhere near the Sulphur Peak East side but am unable to locate him. Will go back another day and look again :(

I accidentally stumbled upon the Cave of Fire entrance while looking for Arven in the East side of the Sulphur Peak.

I came across a red barrier and killed the Fire bird behind it, but am unable to progress further in the cave, is there any quest/some goodies to find here?
Jerry

Re: Cave of Fire - Is there any quest/goodies to find here?

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:42 am

Well, as far as I remember there are many goodies in the Cave of Fire (if you solve the puzzles there) and at least two little quests are connected to it. You can get both quests from the tailor in Eldfell and solving them means lots of money. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jerry » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks Sylon, I seem to have missed asking the correct questions of the tailor.

Even managed to find Avren (while searching for other cave of fire entrance) and kill him so that quest is over too, btw for those of you who are searching...one of the entrances is from the mountain next to the stone village, you have to walk thru the lava to reach it.

I have got the Fire Key in the Cave of fire after depressing the levers and stepping on the pressure plates; but unsure where its to be used, don't remember any unopened doors, guess I will have to search the caves.
Jerry

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes, the key you get in the northern section of the cave goes to the southern one, and the key you get in the southern section goes to the northern one. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jerry » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Yup figured that one out and completed the Cave of Fire, you are right has amazing amount of goodies, killing both the Fire Dragons yielded 10K each and the tailor gave another 10K for the lava bird feather.

BEST loot till date and love this expansion, beautiful levels and loved the idea of getting an emerald on killing a emerald bird in the swamps :)

The Fire Dragons give surprisingly low goodies after all the effort it takes to kill them (outside the cave) same for the Swamp Dragons who just kept pounding away at me, I think for all the effort the reward is definitely lacking.(Except in xp gained)

One thing I couldn't find is the connection between both sections of the cave (the northern and the southern sections) I wandered for around 30 minutes thinking it has to be there but just couldn't locate it, I had to enter both sections from the outside, so I wandered outside trying to locate the cave entrance.

I plan on playing both Quest and F&I as another character soon (currently am etherim but have read that being a Rasvim is more fun) maybe will locate the connecting bit then :)
Jerry

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:28 pm

The fire dragons all have the same loot when you kill them, no matter if they're inside the cave or outside. But because they're random loots from the "best" category of course sometimes you can find useful items, sometimes not.

The cave has no connection inside, you have to enter both sections from the outside.

I hope you know that the tailor has two little quests, one of them is connected to the firebird feathers, not the lavabird ones. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jerry » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 am

Yes I do, I failed the collect 5 fire bird feathers in a week quest :(, I could collect 4 of them was unable to locate a 5th fire bird so moved on to other quests.

I used http://thequest.wikia.com/wiki/The_Quest_Wiki to ensure that I covered all quests, though I got a few that are not mentioned here - like Quiet the Orc

Since I've completed all the quests am just exploring both isles, encountered some Ancient Cyclops whom I hadn't met earlier, just discovering all the areas of the island I hadn't explored during my quests.

Quest & Fire and Ice are wonderfully engaging games, you guys have done a great job in designing them...thanks :)
Jerry

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks! : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Drakilian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:33 am

Jerry wrote:Hi, I've solved almost all the quests in F&I except for 3 where I have problems:
1. Comfort the Zombie Girl - I simply can't find enuf flowers anywhere (even tried all the shops in Vastares, Matras etc), hence giving up on this one.
2. Quiet the Orc - I spoke with the Orc and paid him to stop singing. Then when I returned to inform brother joram about it I am unable to find any dialogue to inform him about it. I only get the sword dialogue (I have already completed the Sword of God quest and handed it over to him). Now, when I return to talk to the Orc, his cabin is empty.
3. Kill Erhard's infected son - I 've looked everywhere near the Sulphur Peak East side but am unable to locate him. Will go back another day and look again :(

I accidentally stumbled upon the Cave of Fire entrance while looking for Arven in the East side of the Sulphur Peak.

I came across a red barrier and killed the Fire bird behind it, but am unable to progress further in the cave, is there any quest/some goodies to find here?

I was stuck o that one too but the garden of eldfell is filled with low lies bleeding flowers, in case you know, you haven't already ransacked it
Drakilian

Postby Drakilian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:38 am

Jerry wrote:Yes I do, I failed the collect 5 fire bird feathers in a week quest :(, I could collect 4 of them was unable to locate a 5th fire bird so moved on to other quests.

I used http://thequest.wikia.com/wiki/The_Quest_Wiki to ensure that I covered all quests, though I got a few that are not mentioned here - like Quiet the Orc

Since I've completed all the quests am just exploring both isles, encountered some Ancient Cyclops whom I hadn't met earlier, just discovering all the areas of the island I hadn't explored during my quests.

Quest & Fire and Ice are wonderfully engaging games, you guys have done a great job in designing them...thanks :)

Did you find the hunter that sells firebird feathers? Also I did the quiet te Orc quest but I chose the option where I had to kill him, I was reasonably sure he's keep on singing since the brothers already told me they'd bribed him
Drakilian

Return to Islands of Ice and Fire