Best Yet

Forum for discussing Cursed Stone.

Best Yet

Postby wolf3167 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:04 pm

I would contend that Cursed Stone is the best Zarista expansion yet, easily. It has been exciting to play through all of your expansions (actually, I haven't quite finished Celtic Doom yet!) and to see how your expansions have evolved as time has gone on. I really have enjoyed all of your expansions, but I think that the writing in this one is the best so far.

My only complaint is that we might have TOO MANY level 14-17 expansions now, if such a thing can exist! We now have this one, Elemental Asteroids, and Islands of Ice and Fire. It's hard to pick between the three of them!

Seriously, though, good work.
-Wolf

EDIT: replaced "Celtic Queen" with "Elemental Asteroids"
wolf3167

Re: Best Yet

Postby DeMenchev » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:18 am

That's cool! I love Cursed Stone too!
Elemental Asteroids is exactly a level 14-17 expansion, but Celtic Queen is not, unless you're a mage. As a mage you can play it at any level you like. You can start Cursed Stone at the lowest level possible and catch up quickly, but you'll need to be very careful in the beginning ;)

There's a new expansion coming up, and it may be around the level you reach after you finish Cursed Stone, and the monsters shan't be too powerful (happened in many expansions, and magic should be fun everywhere), but more powerful than in Cursed Stone, of course.
DeMenchev

Postby wolf3167 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Cool- one thing that I would like to see is more choice in expansions at these middle levels. It should be a blast to see what comes next. Also, I seem to have forgotten about Elemental Asteroids, which is pretty bad considering the fact that I helped test it!
wolf3167

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:50 am

Thanks! Thor's Hammer - coming next in the fall/winter--will be a high level expansion.

I think a lot of the good stuff of Cursed Stone is that we tested it in open testing at Touch Arcade and gave the testers free range as to adding their quests. I think that added a lot and hope to do that in Thor's Hammer.

DeMenchev helped me balance it and if he does that with Thor's Hammer we should provide even more balanced action.
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:27 am

How is the progress?
I'm always looking forward to testing something quest-y, that being one of my favorite things to do, you know :D
I'm not asking you to work more on it than on anything else. If you plan to work on something different this summer, keep it up, and I'd like to know what that is. Or if it isn't a creation (you definitely deserve all rest you can have that makes you feel better. Though I guess the work you enjoy can be easier than rest most of the time :) ), I'm curious how's it going, what's the good or bad word and so on.
Thanks!
DeMenchev

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:53 am

The progress on our Unity game set in ancient China--Nine Dragons is slow for many reasons---first I had to read the lengthy story of the Monkey King--Journey to the West---to get a real feel for the mythology and the beauty of ancient China. Then, I have so many new Unity assets to learn with steep learning curves but they're worth it. Getting there.

Once Nine Dragons is done--or maybe while it's being worked on--I'll work on the Quest expansion Thor's Hammer. Liz and I have already discussed the story and agreed on the quests. : )

Progress is also a little bit slow because I believe in sharing the knowledge I've gotten making games so I've been taking time to help others make games with Unity and its assets.
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Wow, thanks for the information! It surely is worth the time it takes, especially if you enjoy doing the research for it. You make very interesting games.
DeMenchev

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:05 am

Catacomber wrote:The progress on our Unity game set in ancient China--Nine Dragons is slow for many reasons---first I had to read the lengthy story of the Monkey King--Journey to the West---to get a real feel for the mythology and the beauty of ancient China. Then, I have so many new Unity assets to learn with steep learning curves but they're worth it. Getting there.

Once Nine Dragons is done--or maybe while it's being worked on--I'll work on the Quest expansion Thor's Hammer. Liz and I have already discussed the story and agreed on the quests. : )

Progress is also a little bit slow because I believe in sharing the knowledge I've gotten making games so I've been taking time to help others make games with Unity and its assets.
Looking forward to Thor's Hammer. Take your time, Cat, with Nine Dragons..I think it's wonderful that you share the knowledge of Unity and making games with others!..I'm patient,I can wait. :)
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Return to Cursed Stone