Starting Dragon Jade

Forum for discussing Dragon Jade.

Starting Dragon Jade

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:08 am

It's a good expansion for beginners to play either after Cursed Stone or as a standalone game.
So you could try playing in order Freymore (not necessarily to the end)->Cursed Stone->Dragon Jade, so that levels are just right. After that, Lukomorye I if you like or some other mid-level expansion. There's a lot more to choose from at this point.

You can also play Dragon Jade after Elemental Asteroids or Islands of Ice and Fire for the best experience.

Have fun with the new expansion! There are new features you've never seen in Quest expansions yet, so keep an eye on that.
You also don't need any enchant to survive, but if you love enchanting, there's a lot to enchant too ;)
DeMenchev

Re: Starting Dragon Jade (coming soon)

Postby reddragon72 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Hang tight.... are you saying
1. there are these expansions comeing soon to Android soon? iOS? PC? because you are working on them?
2. are you just mentioning this to let us know what to play in the future when/if these expansion ever come?
or 3. you are talking about the old PPC platform and running those through an emulator...

I ask this because I am working through the Freymore quest right now but taking my time because I don't want to complete it all in a week and then have nothing to do.

don't tease us Android folks :)
reddragon72

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Coming soon to iOS. No Android.
You'll have the official expansion pack to play on Android, plus there's a lot to explore and experiment with on Freymore.
DeMenchev

Postby reddragon72 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:34 pm

So no Android for the initial release or it'll never come to Android?
reddragon72

Postby Catacomber » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:44 am

Elendil has plans for making the editor available for the HD version for Steam first. So we'll start there with our expansions for the HD version of the Quest when the time comes.

This release is for the non-HD version. We (Zarista Games) will be happy to work with Elendil for ports when they are available.

You have to give him time. : ) He's done an enormous amount of work.
Catacomber

Postby reddragon72 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Catacomber wrote:Elendil has plans for making the editor available for the HD version for Steam first. So we'll start there with our expansions for the HD version of the Quest when the time comes.

This release is for the non-HD version. We (Zarista Games) will be happy to work with Elendil for ports when they are available.

You have to give him time. : ) He's done an enormous amount of work.

I fully understand, he has brought a game I barely played years ago due to time constraints to a time where I can actually pick away at it bit by bit. Wish I knew where my original PPC version was...

I applaud him for all the dev work he has done!! There are very few devs out there that do this much work on their own or with such a small team.

As for the editor I heard he is bringing it to the Steam PC version and that is great! Might buy that version as well and all the expansions that come. Especially since I can use the same save files for Android to PC... Super nice touch!

If you do make them for PC please think hard about bringing them to Android. It is my preferred platform and all but one PC in my house runs it.

Again thanks for the update, we the fan are watching and waiting :)
reddragon72

Re: Starting Dragon Jade

Postby Catacomber » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:53 pm

If there's an editor for Android, we'll make our expansions for it!

Meanwhile, Dragon Jade is released for iOS and is in the App Store.
Catacomber

Postby Gondel516 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:46 pm

I just found out you have to have ios 8 to download :( None of the others do. I normally play on my phone because it is more convenient, and test on my iPad, but I can't download it on my iPhone 4
Gondel516

Postby DeMenchev » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:42 am

It's not great. Is there no way it can be lowered, Redshift?
DeMenchev

Postby Gondel516 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Already pm'd him, he said it can't due to xcode minimum stuffs
Gondel516

Postby Catacomber » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 am

Gondel516 wrote:Already pm'd him, he said it can't due to xcode minimum stuffs

Yeah. Apple has some new minimum requirements if you're going to keep a game up or upload a game and developers have no say in the matter. Sorry. :cry:
Catacomber

Postby reddragon72 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Gotta love closed source
reddragon72

Postby Elllsid » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 pm

I'm confused. So, because of the minimums, the Dragon expansion won't be usable with Quest HD?

If not, is there a way to move an HD saved game to the regular Quest app? I'm hoping to not have to buy the Quest again, but I just purchased Dragon expansion, and would like to use it with my saved game.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have, and thanks for all of your work on the game.
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:19 am

Elllsid wrote:I'm confused. So, because of the minimums, the Dragon expansion won't be usable with Quest HD?
Wad
If not, is there a way to move an HD saved game to the regular Quest app? I'm hoping to not have to buy the Quest again, but I just purchased Dragon expansion, and would like to use it with my saved game.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have, and thanks for all of your work on the game.

You have to ask Elendil about that. I don't think it's possible. You can ask him in the Technical Support thread here or via email to elendil@redshift.hu.

You can play Dragon Jade as a standalone game and that shouldn't be too hard.

We're hoping to port our expansions to the Quest HD but have to wait on the editor's being updated.

Elendil has done wonderful things so far so hoping that is in the cards.
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks for the info-I'm enjoying the standalone very much. Excellent work.

I have one more question. Is there a guide? I've searched relentlessly in all the forums I can find. I've found a quest list, but no guide. I'm stuck on several quests, and I can't figure out what I'm missing... thanks in advance, and in any case, thanks for the game!
Elllsid

Postby DeMenchev » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:52 pm

There's no guide right now, but feel free to ask any questions here or at catacomber.com .
It's best to just explore everywhere first as there are quests that are connected in unexpected ways. Use Mark if you can't figure something out in a key place ;) (Intelligence stat determines the number of available slots, in caseyou didn't know).
Happy New Year with The Quest! :)
DeMenchev

Postby Elllsid » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks!! Everyone here is so friendly.

So, in no particular order... POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW (???)

I've killed the demon, but can't complete that quest as I can't get the final door open. The nightingale is singing, comes up each time I try. I thought that meant to look in the garden, but no luck. The switches are obviously the key here, but I can't figure out how. I thought the mirrors in between were a hint, but I've tried logical positions for those (both on or both off surrounding the misty ones, the opposite for clear reflection, etc.) but no dice.

I can't find the thief in Haihai village. I think it's the old guy, but he's not giving anything up, and my persuasion is over 100. :cry:

Where are the reed pipe caves? I assumed they were in the flutemakers area, but that doesn't seem right, although I've scoured that area. I don't see any part of the map called reed pipe caves, but it could be an area outside the map like the Otherworld. There are other things where I'm stuck, but I don't want to annoy everyone on the forum! Thanks in advance for any help. I'll give you the demon-hacking blade in return. :D
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:48 am

Elllsid wrote:Thanks!! Everyone here is so friendly.

So, in no particular order... POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW (???)

I've killed the demon, but can't complete that quest as I can't get the final door open. The nightingale is singing, comes up each time I try. I thought that meant to look in the garden, but no luck. The switches are obviously the key here, but I can't figure out how. I thought the mirrors in between were a hint, but I've tried logical positions for those (both on or both off surrounding the misty ones, the opposite for clear reflection, etc.) but no dice.

I can't find the thief in Haihai village. I think it's the old guy, but he's not giving anything up, and my persuasion is over 100. :cry:

Where are the reed pipe caves? I assumed they were in the flutemakers area, but that doesn't seem right, although I've scoured that area. I don't see any part of the map called reed pipe caves, but it could be an area outside the map like the Otherworld. There are other things where I'm stuck, but I don't want to annoy everyone on the forum! Thanks in advance for any help. I'll give you the demon-hacking blade in return. :D

To open the interior door, you need to do the switches right. The hall is one of mirrors so if one side of switches are up, the other side should be down. So since you started messing with the switches, flip them all up and then make sure switches on one side are up and other side down. So they are mirror images.

The thief in Haihai village may have left stuff behind a window, a window that is boarded up. But you are going to need Strength greater than 35 to pry out the nails from the window and Stealth greater than 35 to steal the stuff.

The Reed Pipe Caves can be gotten to in White Clouds Temple area in the far northwest. Go north and west from the Peacock Teahouse and you'll find a cave entrance.

Don't give anyone the Demon-hacking blade, you're going to need it. If you find my Cat's Tail though you are probably lucky. : ) Meow!

You won't annoy me by asking questions. If you're stuck, come back.
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Thanks! I've been able to get much farther in the game now.

A few more questions... :D

In the abode of agony, there are statues that correspond to different assets. I'm left with "personality is an asset to cultivate." What's the value needed here? My base is only 58, and I don't think I can level anymore (especially if this is mission critical), but between items and a potion it's at 123. I cant imagine it needs to be higher than that. Does it? Please say it ain't so! ;)

I don't have the yang jade yet, but I figure it has to be here or in the maze. There's a door in abode I can't open to the north, with no idea how to open. Some ghost laughs at me when I try. I tried kicking, screaming, using my teeth, putting on all the yang equipment... well, replace the first three with other stuff. :) there's also an area in the middle with monsters (I can sense them!) but it's surrounded by walls and I can see no way to get in there (there's another place where this happens, but I can't remember where). And there's also that merciful room with all the coffins and d it has to do with the Chinese numbers, but I've spent more than 100 potions trying to figure out what... or if it's just a room with coffins and traps. And angry little fiery statues.

Ok, so one possibility for advancement is this poor guy who's head I have to bury in the cemetery. I have 10 wood and the skull, I tried walking all over the cemetery and all the trapped pentagram sand such around the temple, no burying occurs. I tried wielding the crafting hammer, since I have to build his poor little skull a coffin... no dice, day or night. ¿Porqué? I kinda wanna just kill his ghost at this point. :o

Ok so in the Spectral Monks' temple. There's a green forcefield to the west. I eliminated the one in the east, have no idea on this one. Maybe it has to do with my next question. Those plates??? They don't stay down and "nothing happens." I tried putting a rock on each, I even tried throwing armor on them, nuttin'.

Still very grateful for all the help thus far and will also be for any help on these. And happy new year, everybody!!! :mrgreen: :geek: :arrow: :)
Elllsid

Postby Elllsid » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 am

Sorry, just one more I forgot! :shock:

I'm through the maze up to the river, with a partial invisible bridge. But the bridge doesn't reach the other side. :( there's a ghosty guy nearby. I even tried the bird wings. I figure getting through the maze is mission critical! Thanks, and again my apologies!
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:05 am

Elllsid wrote:Sorry, just one more I forgot! :shock:

I'm through the maze up to the river, with a partial invisible bridge. But the bridge doesn't reach the other side. :( there's a ghosty guy nearby. I even tried the bird wings. I figure getting through the maze is mission critical! Thanks, and again my apologies!

This one is easy. There's a secret switch there.
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:26 am

Wow! I'd pushed it before, but I just whacked it with my Cat's Tail (well, technically your Cat Tail... meow) and that did it!!! Mortimer, we're back in business!

Thank you! And I hang out at your usual haunts in the game when I can. :)
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:28 am

Elllsid wrote:Thanks! I've been able to get much farther in the game now.

A few more questions... :D

In the abode of agony, there are statues that correspond to different assets. I'm left with "personality is an asset to cultivate." What's the value needed here? My base is only 58, and I don't think I can level anymore (especially if this is mission critical), but between items and a potion it's at 123. I cant imagine it needs to be higher than that. Does it? Please say it ain't so! ;)

I don't have the yang jade yet, but I figure it has to be here or in the maze. There's a door in abode I can't open to the north, with no idea how to open. Some ghost laughs at me when I try. I tried kicking, screaming, using my teeth, putting on all the yang equipment... well, replace the first three with other stuff. :) there's also an area in the middle with monsters (I can sense them!) but it's surrounded by walls and I can see no way to get in there (there's another place where this happens, but I can't remember where). And there's also that merciful room with all the coffins and d it has to do with the Chinese numbers, but I've spent more than 100 potions trying to figure out what... or if it's just a room with coffins and traps. And angry little fiery statues.

Ok, so one possibility for advancement is this poor guy who's head I have to bury in the cemetery. I have 10 wood and the skull, I tried walking all over the cemetery and all the trapped pentagram sand such around the temple, no burying occurs. I tried wielding the crafting hammer, since I have to build his poor little skull a coffin... no dice, day or night. ¿Porqué? I kinda wanna just kill his ghost at this point. :o

Ok so in the Spectral Monks' temple. There's a green forcefield to the west. I eliminated the one in the east, have no idea on this one. Maybe it has to do with my next question. Those plates??? They don't stay down and "nothing happens." I tried putting a rock on each, I even tried throwing armor on them, nuttin'.

Still very grateful for all the help thus far and will also be for any help on these. And happy new year, everybody!!! :mrgreen: :geek: :arrow: :)

For the poor guy whose head you have to bury--you need five wood--drop the other five you have--make sure you have just five sacks of wood.

For Spectral Monks--if you eliminated the one in the east--did you find the stairs to go up and find the switch to eliminate the one in the west? For the plates, if you stepped on them, you heard a magical sound? That's all you get but it should help you.

The Yang jade is not there--have you been to the Dragon Caves yet?

If you got as far as you got, you got through the rooms with coffins--it would help me help you more if you made separate threads for your questions here. : )

For the gate in the north--are you a male or female--you can play through here as either but you can't open some gates if you are male and same for if you are female--hence ghostly laughter.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Make a separate thread here now with questions so I can better help you if you don't mind. : ) Try to get to the Dragon Caves. If you got as far as the secret switch you found now I think you're on your way. Happy to help but it's easier for me to help you with one thing at a time. ^^

It's also better for people needing help to see individual quesions.
Catacomber

Return to Dragon Jade