A few Questions

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

A few Questions

Postby Tract » Wed May 24, 2017 6:33 pm

I got The Quest HD about a month ago and have finally finished the main game, and plan to get Islands of Ice and Fire soon. I just noticed a few posts about another expansion, Thors Hammer, but can't find almost anything about it besides being obviously Viking themed. Does anyone know if it's coming to iOS in addition to the steam version(I learned of the expansions existence when I saw the announcement for steam)? Does anyone know if it is a level one expansion? I saw a rumor of that and I'm hoping it isn't, so I can keep going with my character without having it being an absolute massacre?

Thanks in advance :D looking forwards to it no matter what!
Tract

Re: A few Questions

Postby Catacomber » Sun May 28, 2017 4:01 am

Tract wrote:I got The Quest HD about a month ago and have finally finished the main game, and plan to get Islands of Ice and Fire soon. I just noticed a few posts about another expansion, Thors Hammer, but can't find almost anything about it besides being obviously Viking themed. Does anyone know if it's coming to iOS in addition to the steam version(I learned of the expansions existence when I saw the announcement for steam)? Does anyone know if it is a level one expansion? I saw a rumor of that and I'm hoping it isn't, so I can keep going with my character without having it being an absolute massacre?

Thanks in advance :D looking forwards to it no matter what!

Hi, Tract. It is level 1 because we start all oor new series at level 1 lately. Working on Hero of Lukomorye 1 which will be higher level. You can still have a good time in Thor's Hammer meanwhile. Lots of quests.

Thor's Hammer is coming to Android and iOS very soon. Thanks.
Catacomber

Postby Sunka » Mon May 29, 2017 10:41 am

So, it is recomanded to begin this expansion with new character, because other expansions that will be shifted to Android will be harder and harder.

I am confused because I have level 17 character and finished original The Quest game and Island of Ice and fire.
Sunka

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon May 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Thor's Hammer is for newly created characters.

Keep a save with your high level character and you can continue with them in Hero of Lukomorye.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Catacomber » Tue May 30, 2017 5:55 am

And you might want to dip into Thor's Hammer even with your higher level guy because there are a few areas where you have to be a higher level to enter those areas. I've been told the Arena of Flames is brutal even with a higher level character. : )
Catacomber

Postby Tract » Tue May 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Sunka wrote:So, it is recomanded to begin this expansion with new character, because other expansions that will be shifted to Android will be harder and harder.

I am confused because I have level 17 character and finished original The Quest game and Island of Ice and fire.

Same, I'm not even done it and mine is 18, il probably do it anyway just for the story and whatever unique loot there will be to add to my collection hoard.
Tract

Postby Catacomber » Wed May 31, 2017 5:08 am

All our Zarista expansions rely on new monsters and graphics. So not to burden Sylon with new graphics at this time while he's working hard drawing monsters for the Quest2 and to test the new editor we decided to make a low level expansion using the existing graphics mostly except for the Viking boat and to test the new editor with a low level expansion. This gave Sylon time to draw the new monsters we needed to port Hero of Lukomorye I without keeping him from his Quest2 work.

Almost done working on Luko I which should be level 18. Just have patience. We'll torture your high level character to be sure.

I had a lot of fun playing Thor's Hammer even though I started a new character and I should not really say that because I was a co-author. It was nice to be low level and die now and again and there are some features there that are unique--like the green rocks that can add xp (as in Legacy which I used to play until all hours of the morning) and bulk potion sellers where you might want to mark so you can buy bulk potions, very reasonably priced. : )

If you don't enjoy it--I will eat my tail. : ) (Of course in real life, I don't have one--so that is an empty promise.)

Elendil did a fantastic job with the new editor--we're working very hard on porting Hero of Lukomorye I and it should not take that long. I never could have done that without his new editor. Just give things time.

And consider the little things--you can read books to raise your stats--we wrote a lot in Thor's Hammer. ; )

At some point in the highest of high level expansions--you will need those to raise your stats---so keep them maybe and not read them yet. Just a thought. There are a lot of intricacies to the Quest--some I probably haven't even discovered yet but keep trying.
Catacomber

Postby mangoose » Wed May 31, 2017 11:20 am

Catacomber wrote:All our Zarista expansions rely on new monsters and graphics. So not to burden Sylon with new graphics at this time while he's working hard drawing monsters for the Quest2 and to test the new editor we decided to make a low level expansion using the existing graphics mostly except for the Viking boat and to test the new editor with a low level expansion. This gave Sylon time to draw the new monsters we needed to port Hero of Lukomorye I without keeping him from his Quest2 work.

Almost done working on Luko I which should be level 18. Just have patience. We'll torture your high level character to be sure.

I had a lot of fun playing Thor's Hammer even though I started a new character and I should not really say that because I was a co-author. It was nice to be low level and die now and again and there are some features there that are unique--like the green rocks that can add xp (as in Legacy which I used to play until all hours of the morning) and bulk potion sellers where you might want to mark so you can buy bulk potions, very reasonably priced. : )

If you don't enjoy it--I will eat my tail. : ) (Of course in real life, I don't have one--so that is an empty promise.)

Elendil did a fantastic job with the new editor--we're working very hard on porting Hero of Lukomorye I and it should not take that long. I never could have done that without his new editor. Just give things time.

And consider the little things--you can read books to raise your stats--we wrote a lot in Thor's Hammer. ; )

At some point in the highest of high level expansions--you will need those to raise your stats---so keep them maybe and not read them yet. Just a thought. There are a lot of intricacies to the Quest--some I probably haven't even discovered yet but keep trying.

Thank you so much for your hard work! I haven't played Thor's Hammer yet, been busy with other stuff, but I can't wait to start it, and I can't wait for the other expansions to come as well!
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:03 am

You're welcome. Adding new content to Luko I. It should be done soon. :)
Catacomber

Postby Tract » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:33 am

Luko will be done soon as well as Thors Hammer?!?! Super excited! I was hesitant to get the HD version over the old one due to less expansions, so happy you guys are willing to port even one or two more!

And ya I have been building a library of skill books, have not read a single one yet :o
Tract

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Tract wrote:Luko will be done soon as well as Thors Hammer?!?! Super excited! I was hesitant to get the HD version over the old one due to less expansions, so happy you guys are willing to port even one or two more!

And ya I have been building a library of skill books, have not read a single one yet :o

Luko I should be ready for testing by the end of next week. : ) Or sooner.
Catacomber

Postby Tract » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:23 pm

How can i test it/Thor's hammer on iOS? Or is it only available to test on steam?
Tract

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:38 am

Tract wrote:How can i test it/Thor's hammer on iOS? Or is it only available to test on steam?

All testing is done on Steam.
Catacomber

Postby Tract » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Almost done Ice and Fire and looking forwards to doing Thors Hammer with the same character :D. I can't wait to explore an expansion we're people haven't already figured out every single little nook and cranny :P
Tract

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:37 am

There are new nooks in HOLI. : ) Will add new content to each expansion.
Catacomber

Return to Thor's Hammer