Brasshorn Cave

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Brasshorn Cave

Postby plebicola » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 pm

I am having difficulty opening the special door in the Brasshorn Caves. I says something like "Use what the monster gave you, but I don't remember what monster they are regarding. Any suggestions?
plebicola

Re: Brasshorn Cave

Postby istara » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 pm

If that's the one I'm thinking of, there's one where a monster drops a big axe (maybe the Great Pole-Axe?) and hitting a door with that opens it.
istara

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:43 am

Yes that's right. The monster drops a big pole axe. Use it on the door. If you can't find the drop, tap or hit something near the door and lo, an axe will drop from the sky. : )
Catacomber

Postby mangoose » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 am

I had been stuck on that part, now I'm stuck on the 7 levers in front of the door, after the chasm I had to walk across. I can't figure out what "plunge on" means, or how I'm supposed to know which levers to activate. I tried everything I could think of (pulling the levers in locations corresponding to the invisible platforms in the aforementioned chasm, matching them up with plants in other parts of the cave, etc) but nothing shows any sign of working. Am I being dumb?

Also, I can't figure out how to harm the monsters in the arena of pain. I've tried every special weapon I could think of. I thought I'd have to use agony, since that was available in the arena, but apparently that isn't the case :P
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:34 am

Plunge on means turn them all on. Just flip them all up and start over by plunging on. : )

In both the arena of flames and pain, you need a special weapon to harm the monsters--as in many old expansions like Luko II you also need in some cases to destroy some spheres or destroy some columns. If you need a broader hint come back.

Agony is right but think pillars or spheres with Agony equipped. In Pain it might be pillars. Or spheres but I think pillars.
Catacomber

Postby mangoose » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:38 am

huh. I tried turning them all on a few times. I guess I'll try again.

Edit: goddamnit I was expecting the door to open automatically. Thanks for the help, and for continuing to make such great expansions!
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:43 am

mangoose wrote:huh. I tried turning them all on a few times. I guess I'll try again.

Before you enter the room with the tough monsters there are four pillars--hit them all with Agony equipped.

0000000room0000000
0000000P000P
P000000000000000P

If this doesn't help, I can put up a pic.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 am

Two pillars are on either side of the entrance to the room with the monsters.
I put traps around the other two pillars naturally. : ) I hope that helps.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:48 am

mangoose wrote:huh. I tried turning them all on a few times. I guess I'll try again.

Edit: goddamnit I was expecting the door to open automatically. Thanks for the help, and for continuing to make such great expansions!

Tap the door after turning them all on and you're welcome. : )

It's a coding thing. I could have done it either way but often I like to put code on the door that checks whether you've done something or not. But not always. Sometimes it's nice to do it a different way so the last switch triggers the door opening. : )
Catacomber

Postby mangoose » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:56 am

Thanks so much! I got it all figured out before I saw your later responses, but hopefully someone else will find them useful.

Now it's time to shit all over the base game with my level 16 character before I start ice & fire and HOL I!

Now that I'm done with Thor's Hammer, though, I'd just like to say, it was really really good! The map wasn't all that big, but there was so much stuff in it that it felt huge! The tone felt a lot darker than the other expansions I've played, which I really liked, and none of the characters were too cartoonish or exaggerated, but they still had distinct personalities. My only complaint is that it wasn't always easy to figure out what to do at each stage of the game, just because the map was so open, and none of the monsters on the surface posed too much of a threat, making it difficult to figure out how powerful I needed to be before tackling certain tasks. In the end, though, that was a fairly minor issue for me; it doesn't detract too much from the gameplay.
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Harryhowser » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Sorry for being so dumb here. I've opened the door using Great Pole Axe (as dropped by enemy). I've crossed the chasm but there is a grey round pillar in the way. I have tried all weapons I have (including Roar of Thor and none seem to work). Am I going about this the wrong way? I've tried arena of death but cannot kill monsters. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Harryhowser

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:49 am

Harryhowser wrote:Sorry for being so dumb here. I've opened the door using Great Pole Axe (as dropped by enemy). I've crossed the chasm but there is a grey round pillar in the way. I have tried all weapons I have (including Roar of Thor and none seem to work). Am I going about this the wrong way? I've tried arena of death but cannot kill monsters. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Not dumb. Usually either a lever or secret switch will remove objects like a pillar blocking your way if whacking or tapping it doesn't work. There's a secret switch across a small chasm in the far northwest very near where you are. Use a throwing weapon and whack the wall on the other side of the chasm. Secret switches are tiny.
Catacomber

Postby jaquan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:46 am

Catacomber wrote:Two pillars are on either side of the entrance to the room with the monsters.

Hi. I have agony equipped and I taped the pillars and they turned to dust but I cannot kill the first monster. What could I be doing wrong? TYIA.
jaquan

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:21 am

jaquan wrote:
Catacomber wrote:Two pillars are on either side of the entrance to the room with the monsters.

Hi. I have agony equipped and I taped the pillars and they turned to dust but I cannot kill the first monster. What could I be doing wrong? TYIA.

There are four pillars---not all the monsters are killed that way. Some you have to hack and slash. If you tell me the name of the monster you can't kill, I'll tell you whether it's killed some other way or you're missing a pillar.
Catacomber

Postby jaquan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:08 am

There are four pillars---not all the monsters are killed that way. Some you have to hack and slash. If you tell me the name of the monster you can't kill, I'll tell you whether it's killed some other way or you're missing a pillar.[/quote]
I'm stuck on the Reaper. Btw I absolutely love these games.. I played them > 5 years ago on my tiny little iPod and have never been able to find a game that I've luved as much. Thank you for bringing to android. Thanks for all that you do to help us out on these games!!
jaquan

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:57 am

jaquan wrote:There are four pillars---not all the monsters are killed that way. Some you have to hack and slash. If you tell me the name of the monster you can't kill, I'll tell you whether it's killed some other way or you're missing a pillar.

I'm stuck on the Reaper. Btw I absolutely love these games.. I played them > 5 years ago on my tiny little iPod and have never been able to find a game that I've luved as much. Thank you for bringing to android. Thanks for all that you do to help us out on these games!![/quote]

Thank you for your enthusiasm!

You need to hit all four pillars with the Agony sword. Did you miss one?
Catacomber

Postby jaquan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Catacomber wrote:
jaquan wrote:There are four pillars---not all the monsters are killed that way. Some you have to hack and slash. If you tell me the name of the monster you can't kill, I'll tell you whether it's killed some other way or you're missing a pillar.

I'm stuck on the Reaper. Btw I absolutely love these games.. I played them > 5 years ago on my tiny little iPod and have never been able to find a game that I've luved as much. Thank you for bringing to android. Thanks for all that you do to help us out on these games!!

Thank you for your enthusiasm!

You need to hit all four pillars with the Agony sword. Did you miss one?[/quote]

So I tried it again with agony equipped at an earlier save.. I hit the four pillars and the two turned to dust the reaper and other monsters were on me immediately and I still could not injury any of them. Wonder what I am missing?
jaquan

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:27 pm

You're hitting four pillars at the entrance. But only two there are the right pillars. The other two "right" pillars are surrounded by traps. One is to the far west and one is to the far right. Hit those pillars with the sword and you should be ok.
Catacomber

Postby jaquan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:49 pm

Catacomber wrote:You're hitting four pillars at the entrance. But only two there are the right pillars. The other two "right" pillars are surrounded by traps. One is to the far west and one is to the far right. Hit those pillars with the sword and you should be ok.

Thanks Cat! I need to hit the other two pillars!
jaquan

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Glad you got through.
Catacomber

Return to Thor's Hammer