Scroll of Peaceful Rest

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Scroll of Peaceful Rest

Postby iwastetimeongames » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

[SPOILER ALERT]

Hi, I finally finished the St Aidan's Relics quest and received a scroll of peaceful rest that the abbess suggests to use on the dead abbott. However, when I return to the abbot, he has nothing more to say (he used to say "take the relics to the abbess") and if I try to use peaceful rest as an attack spell on him, it won't accomplish anything but prompt the usual warning not to attack friendly characters. Is that a glitch or am I getting something wrong?
iwastetimeongames

Re: Scroll of Peaceful Rest

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:13 am

iwastetimeongames wrote:[SPOILER ALERT]

Hi, I finally finished the St Aidan's Relics quest and received a scroll of peaceful rest that the abbess suggests to use on the dead abbott. However, when I return to the abbot, he has nothing more to say (he used to say "take the relics to the abbess") and if I try to use peaceful rest as an attack spell on him, it won't accomplish anything but prompt the usual warning not to attack friendly characters. Is that a glitch or am I getting something wrong?

You can't send him to his rest if your crime is 26 or more.
There's a priest in Humbria Castle who can clear your crime.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:18 am

Catacomber wrote:

My crime is 0... I've tried again just to be sure, but nothing.
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:31 am

iwastetimeongames wrote:
Catacomber wrote:

My crime is 0... I've tried again just to be sure, but nothing.

I don't know what to say. If you're playing on ios it could be a glitch. You could try going back to an earlier save file. I don't see any problem with the code. Maybe sleep in an inn for seven days and go back to him.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:59 am

Catacomber wrote:
I don't know what to say. If you're playing on ios it could be a glitch. You could try going back to an earlier save file. I don't see any problem with the code. Maybe sleep in an inn for seven days and go back to him.

I slept at an inn for 8 days and went back. The monsters had all respawned but the abbot still hasn't found his peace... it still says I shouldn't be attacking a friendly monster. I also tried to cast the spell on the coffin next to the abbot but that didn't work either.
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:08 pm

iwastetimeongames wrote:
Catacomber wrote:

I slept at an inn for 8 days and went back. The monsters had all respawned but the abbot still hasn't found his peace... it still says I shouldn't be attacking a friendly monster. I also tried to cast the spell on the coffin next to the abbot but that didn't work either.

You don't use it, cast it or use it via spells. All you have to do is tap him like you were talking to him. He checks your inventory for the scroll.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Catacomber wrote:
iwastetimeongames wrote:
Catacomber wrote:

You don't use it, cast it or use it via spells. All you have to do is tap him like you were talking to him. He checks your inventory for the scroll.

This was the first way I tried. It still doesn't work. It will just show the dialogue window with "(silence)"
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I'll go into the game and test this again and see if I can duplicate your problem.

If I can't, I'll try to figure out another way to help you. : )
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Tested this again and it works perfectly. Don't know what to say. The reward is 500 xp. I'd leave it for now and do something else.

Will try to think of some way to help you but the only think I can think of is to have Phredd solve that quest for you.

You did just tap on the Abbot, right? You don't use the scroll--just have it in your inventory. Are you sure you have the scroll? Do you have more than one (that should not be a problem). That scroll is sold in better magic shops as a fallback in case someone used it up. Hella the Magician should sell it. Why don't you try that.
Catacomber

Postby Mani2beni » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Folks, for me on Android, i had the peaceful scroll in inventory and i casted Cure Wounds Touch-which generally "cures" the dead, and it made him disappear.
Mani2beni

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:30 am

Catacomber wrote:Tested this again and it works perfectly. Don't know what to say. The reward is 500 xp. I'd leave it for now and do something else.

Will try to think of some way to help you but the only think I can think of is to have Phredd solve that quest for you.

You did just tap on the Abbot, right? You don't use the scroll--just have it in your inventory. Are you sure you have the scroll? Do you have more than one (that should not be a problem). That scroll is sold in better magic shops as a fallback in case someone used it up. Hella the Magician should sell it. Why don't you try that.

Thanks! It's still a game, so no big deal if it's impossible. It's just for that sense of "peaceful rest"...

I only have the one scroll the abbess gave me. I have both just tapped the abbot and cast the spell (going back to a previously saved game every time).
iwastetimeongames

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:30 am

Mani2beni wrote:Folks, for me on Android, i had the peaceful scroll in inventory and i casted Cure Wounds Touch-which generally "cures" the dead, and it made him disappear.

I'll try that -- thanks!
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:55 am

You just have to have the scroll,in your inventory. :)
Catacomber

Postby istara » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:37 pm

I have the same issue.

Crime is zero.

I have rested for longer than a week.

Tapping on him does nothing.

Casting the scroll at him acts like an attempted attack.

Cure Wounds Touch (2x) makes him vanish, but there's no message of confirmation (should there be?)

Also is this an actual quest? Nothing got written to my inventory.
istara

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:15 am

istara wrote:I have the same issue.

Crime is zero.

I have rested for longer than a week.

Tapping on him does nothing.

Casting the scroll at him acts like an attempted attack.

Cure Wounds Touch (2x) makes him vanish, but there's no message of confirmation (should there be?)

Also is this an actual quest? Nothing got written to my inventory.

He vanishes and gives you 500 xp for sending him to his peaceful rest. It isn't a real quest and quite optional.
Catacomber

Postby Wao Ambivalent » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:00 am

In my case, there are two patterns.

After I got three relics

1) Talk to Abbess (of St. Hilda's)
- The Preserve the relics quest has been solved.
- You have lost an item of St. Cuthbert's Relics. (Two books remain in inventory)
- You have Received a scroll of Peaceful Rest.
- You have received 200.
- Your fame has increased.
- And she will clear crimes.
* Dead Abbot will not dissappear. (scroll is in inventory!)

2) Talk to Sister Gulda
- The Preserve the relics quest has been solved.
- Your fame has increased.
- You have received 150.
- Your Personality has been increased by 3.
- You have received 500 experience.
- You have lost a book of Holy Gospels
- You have lost a book of Scriptures
- You have lost an item of St. Cuthbert's Relics.
- You have Received a scroll of Peaceful Rest.
* Dead Abbot will dissappear.
Wao Ambivalent

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:18 pm

That is definitely a bug and you should receive the bug-finder's reward. Don't know how the testers missed it.

I think returning the relics to either sister is ok. But have to add a global check to the Abbess. And do a few other small things.

What would you like?
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Now because it's almost the first day of summer and others posted about this and had trouble with it or solved it and tried to help those that had trouble with it. I think you are all entitled to the bug finder's reward-----even though Wao figured out the problem.

So----
iwastetimeongames
Mani2beni
Istara

You can all have an item but----the name cannot be too long. Wao---has to be Wao's Blade or something.
iwatetimeongames--Waster's Scimitar or something? iwastetimeongames is much too long.
Mani2beni you're ok.
Istara you're ok.
So let me know what you'd like--hard or light, enchanted or pre-enchanted, etc.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:00 am

If no one tells me what you want as a special item, I'll make you one. If you're not happy with it, let me know.
Thanks for your patience in solving this.
Catacomber

Postby Wao Ambivalent » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:14 am

Catacomber wrote:Wao---has to be Wao's Blade or something.

Sounds cool.

Catacomber wrote:If no one tells me what you want as a special item, I'll make you one. If you're not happy with it, let me know.
Thanks for your patience in solving this.

Anything will be OK, but I'd like robe, ring or something pre-enchanted, especially for Etherim ranger, protecting from magic attack.

Anyway, thanks!
Wao Ambivalent

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for finding the problem. :). A robe is always nice.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Catacomber wrote:.
iwatetimeongames--Waster's Scimitar or something? iwastetimeongames is much too long.

Waster's something is perfect – thanks! I'm into rings and necklaces but a scimitar is assertive enough if that works best :D
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:39 pm

iwastetimeongames wrote:
Catacomber wrote:.

Waster's something is perfect – thanks! I'm into rings and necklaces but a scimitar is assertive enough if that works best :D

A scimitar sounds good. :)
Catacomber

Postby istara » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Oh wow!

I'd love an offhand weapon with Drain Mana and Drain Health, which I'm sure is far too powerful. I'd also love it to have +100 STR and +100 Light Weapon and +100 Dual Wield, but yeah, I think that's probably pushing the envelope... ;)

So an offhand weapon that did Drain Mana would be wonderful! (Or one with 400 Enchant space. Or at least 200 Enchant space so I could DIY it).

Istara's Icepick might be a nice alliterative name, Or Istara's Icicle ;)
istara

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:42 pm

istara wrote:Oh wow!

I'd love an offhand weapon with Drain Mana and Drain Health, which I'm sure is far too powerful. I'd also love it to have +100 STR and +100 Light Weapon and +100 Dual Wield, but yeah, I think that's probably pushing the envelope... ;)

So an offhand weapon that did Drain Mana would be wonderful! (Or one with 400 Enchant space. Or at least 200 Enchant space so I could DIY it).

Istara's Icepick might be a nice alliterative name, Or Istara's Icicle ;)

Update after next. I gave you a ring. :) Had to get Steam update up. Your Ice Pick is coming soon. Not the Ice Pick of your dreams but a sturdy, enchantable Ice Pick.
Catacomber

Next

Return to Thor's Hammer