Better with a new created character?

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Better with a new created character?

Postby Xose » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm reaching the end of The Quest (main game) and planning to buy an extension (the idea is to buy all, one by one).
My doubt is which to choose first, between Islands or Thor's.
Islands is the "first" extension (I know you can change the order, but if possible I prefer to follow them), but I've read than Thor's has been designed for a newly created character or low level ones.

The question is if Thor's is also worthy playing with a level 13-14 character or it will be too "easy". If it worth I'll play it immediately after finishing The Quest.
Xose

Re: Better with a new created character?

Postby Catacomber » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am

It depends on whether you like the challenge of exploring dungeons and doing quests or prefer hard fighting. If you've finished the Quest, I'd suggest you play Ice and Fire but you can weave in and out of Thor's and still enjoy it with a high level character if you like exploration and questing or you might decide to start a new one. One of the betatesters is still wearing a helm he found in Thor's so there is loot. There are also some good spells. : )

Maybe someone else will have a different response. But my thought is that you should go to Ice and Fire. When you want to try a different character, wade into Thor's.
Catacomber

Postby Xose » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks a lot for the explanation, Catacomber.

I think I'll go first to Ice & Island and later try Thor's with a new Rasvin character (I really wanted to try this race!!). And even later once again, with my actual character (Etherim) to get the new spells and loot ;-)
Xose

Postby Catacomber » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 am

Word has it Rasvims have more fun! :D
Catacomber

Postby Xose » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 am

Catacomber wrote:Word has it Rasvims have more fun! :D

Yeah!! I've heard this also.
I've tried with a Derth at the beginning to get familiar with the game, until I've decided to start the good one with an Etherim. I left Rasvim to tried later as all comments states that it is not the best for beginners... but now I'm ready :-)
Xose

Return to Thor's Hammer