level 13 and getting instantly killed!

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

level 13 and getting instantly killed!

Postby Aeryn Sun » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:02 pm

Don't get this, arena of pain is an instant death, and now the Green Man has showed up (again!) near the mines and he is instant death. I mean, really? How can one move forward when you can't even take one hit? Not getting this...
Aeryn Sun

Re: level 13 and getting instantly killed!

Postby Catacomber » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:45 am

The Arena of Pain is meant to be hard. You could go back there later. The monsters are level 12 and 14.

You can try using ranged weapons. Mark and recall to a safe place when your potions get low. You can cast Magic Immunity, Stone Skin, Paralyze, Drain Mana spells at the monsters. Calm and Sap Will.

I rely on Magic Immunity a lot when fighting spellcasters.

Every low level expansion has some tougher areas to satisfy players who are higher level. If you don't have a reason to go to the Arena of Pain, wait until you are a higher level.

The Green Man is level 16. He too is a spellcaster and vulnerable to Magic Immunity and all of the above.
Catacomber

Re: level 13 and getting instantly killed!

Postby Aeryn Sun » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:31 am

thanks, I am finding that if I can get right up on them, they won't hit me with their ranged magic, so I have been trying that strategy to good effect. If, however, they are powerful and too far to get to, as in the pain area, it's a no go. Did get the Green Man by taking hit after hit and then working my way up into his grill and hacking him to death. This strategy also worked in Chevron Mountain, so it looks like that one is completed. Now, just need to see what to do with Lord Chevron's chest, and try some quest cleanup.
Aeryn Sun

Return to Thor's Hammer