demon king’s quest bug?

Forum for discussing Basilisk's Eye.

demon king’s quest bug?

Postby alwaysforgetmylogin » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:35 pm

Hello,

I might have found a bug. I was completing some other mission and happened to pass by in the vicinity of Demon King’s castle, when one of the Bangalaru Brothers attacked me (night). I think the “Bandits and forgiveness” quest was also active, since I had been talking with the Demon King earlier.

But since I was preoccupied with some other mission and just passed by the Demon King’s castle, I didn’t realise to stop and kill all three brothers. I just casually killed the one that jumped me, and continued on my way.

Now, if the two other brothers were spawned at the same time, they were left helplessly to wonder and die of old age. And thus, I couldn’t get the kill credit for them.

At some later stage in the game, I wondered to the Lord Ganesh’s Grove and happened to meet the Begging Monk. I didn’t remember the Demon King’s quest at all, since again I was preoccupied with some other mission. I went through the dialogue options with Begging Monk and he actually gave me forgiveness for the Demon King.

At this moment I realised that the Demon King quest may have been solved almost by accident. Happily I pranced back to the Demon King to collect my payment for services rendered.

But alas! The Demon King still keeps talking about killing the Three Brothers and then claiming forgiveness from Begging Monk.

I returned to the BegMonk, but he just cleared my crime records and refuses to talk about forgiveness anymore.

I tried to return outside of Demon King’s castle at night, in hopes of seeing the two remaining Bangalaru Bros, but after circulating the castle for one full night it seems they’ve just vanished.

I tried also the sleeping trick, and teleported back to my house in Freymore and slept for 20 days straight (verified it in the calendar). Then I teleported back to outside of Demon King’s castle and waited for the night, circulated the castle for the whole night - and nothing.

Now I seem to be stuck in the game, as the Ice Bucket spell seems to be needed for the fire jinns level, as well as the spitters of course.

How can I save myself?
alwaysforgetmylogin

Re: demon king’s quest bug?

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:36 pm

The bandits are all there. They only become visible if you step on a piece of grass or green frondy fern near them. There is one such fern in the southwest, one in the mideast and one the far southeast. They only appear at night and if you have the quest. It doesn't matter when you talk to the Begging Monk as long as you don't lose what he gives you.

Your only problem is to step on the right pieces of grass/fronds at night and kill the other two guys.
Catacomber

Postby alwaysforgetmylogin » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 pm

My apologies, the bandits indeed were all there now that I traversed the map tile by tile. Sorry for suggesting a bug! I was so sure that I had fumbled with the Bandit Brothers and then I made up this theory of a bug. Sorry again!

Btw. Where could I find Forsooth?
alwaysforgetmylogin

Postby Catacomber » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:23 am

No apologies necessary. Forsooth the genie is right there in the mideast of Lord Lankha's Castle.
Catacomber

Postby alwaysforgetmylogin » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:57 pm

Awesome! Now i’ve solved all of the quests for basilisk! Thanks for all the games <3
alwaysforgetmylogin

Return to Basilisk's Eye