The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: The Quest II

Postby bonesreturns » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:33 am

oh my god! its actually happening! this is soo awesome, though i have some suggestions
1. can you add more races, like orc (though i like how you create your own types of species unlike elder scrolls (mostly) or a species good at magic, or a talking dog species?
2. local multiplayer, i would like to play with my friend in the quest.
3.i would like the game to have lore and take itself seriusly (eg.people named someone1000)
4. exspansions add onto the map
5.towns people are a actual race, like what race are the townspeople? i would like to see rasvins walking around and nogurs and everyone has a name and house.
6. monsters respawn
7. can see yourself from the back off yourself
8. monsters cant enter the city, well pass gaurds (eg. i take the quest for the theif leader to take the ransom and he says "theifs can't enter the city" guess what happened, i was weak so i was running away from the thief and it entered the city.
9.classes, like WoW or perks to upgrade skills
10. can kill townspeople
thanks for reading, i guess, i know i had heaps of suggestion but can you think about the stuff i have noted.
i really do love this game but i would like to see these additions

please respond
When you look back at posts from a few years ago and your general writing ability was more comparable to an ape tripping on LSD and slamming the keyboard with its fists than an actual human being...
bonesreturns

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:49 am

In response to "bones returns", who is back :)

1- I hope they plan on adding more races as well.
2- NO! We do not need any multiplayer. It's like people asking for co-op on TES: the whole purpose of the game is to be a good single player RPG, not that I think they had planned on making it multi-player.
3- This isn't in the main game, this is in Zarista expansions. Take it up with Catacomber.
4- We've said this would be good
5- I agree.
6- Monsters respawn in The Quest...
7- Do you mean a 3rd person point of view?
8- I don't know about not entering cities, as the player could exploit this in very obvious ways, but something does need to be done about a monster NEVER giving up in pursuit
9- I'm not sure why World of Warcraft is the game you think of when you think of character classes, but a great part of this game is that you are free to customize your character's growth with complete freedom. Why take that away? I do think, however, that there should be alternatives to using only one type of attack; maybe abilities (different melee attacks which consume stamina)
If anything, it would be important for expansion developers to be able to add their own special abilities to complement the powerful monsters added.
10- Yes
wolf3167

Postby wolf3167 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:58 am

To be honest though, it is probably a little late in development to be proposing such things. We can only hope :)
wolf3167

Postby bonesreturns » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:18 am

i already know what my pic in quest 2 will look like! it'll be the mage in the bottom left

i like the old soundtrack, will the new soundtrack be as good?

please be more races
When you look back at posts from a few years ago and your general writing ability was more comparable to an ape tripping on LSD and slamming the keyboard with its fists than an actual human being...
bonesreturns

Postby abstractcolors215 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 am

I know, I love the soundtrack to The Quest! Its one of my favorite game soundtracks ever! Right up there w/ Elder scrolls, especially Oblivion! Oh! and Final Fantasy Tactics! :D
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

Thanks for all the comments - I just got net access again (moved to a different city in the last few weeks) so I'll try to get up to date with everything, including this forum. : ) Will be back soon.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Joshua: yes, it will run on all possible devices.

Bones:
New races: I don't know, we're not there yet with the development. So we'll see - the main character will be 'simple' human, but of course because you'll be able to hire party members we'll use the already existing races with some more details. If we'll have time we'll add new ones too, but I can't promise that.
Multiplayer: who knows... Time will tell. The main game will not have that possibility but probably an update will have it. The planned structure of the game will leave place for that.
And yes, the game will take itself seriously. : )
The 'expansions will be added into the main map' function is already added to our todo list.
The monsters will not be able to enter guarded cities, that's for sure - it's a known 'bug' in the original Quest and we already decided to fix this problem in the following game.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby UKayeF » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:51 am

I know it is not easy but I would appreciate it, if you could walk on several levels without having to climb ladders or stairs to get from one level to another.
Also it would be great if the player could take some ingame notes (for instance to remember which equipment configurations he used for which purpose or which ingredients he used to create which potion or certain spots on the map, certain details given by NPC's not shown on the quest log, general notes to self to remember what to do after a longer break from TQII or to make some calculations which an ingame calculator based on the game system would also be very helpful for).

Just try to make possible what is possible, The Quest was already the best game I've ever played and I really love those handdrawn graphics, there's nothing like it nowadays!! Keep up the good work, I'm so keen on playing TQII!!
UKayeF

Postby mangoose » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:32 am

Here's an idea: horses
They would act as party members, but with no attack capabilities and much more strength (so they can carry stuff). And maybe, you could select a party member to "ride" the horse, which would hinder its ability to carry large amounts of stuff, but the rider would gain an ac and damage bonus. There would be no visual changes when a someone rides the horse, they would just receive bonuses.
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby wolf3167 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:35 pm

I never understood why we as a forum community decided to dub this game "The Quest II". I mean, it occurs before the events of "The Quest". :)
wolf3167

Postby Prickett » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:23 pm

UkayF, they are already thinking about adding the quest. I had the same idea earlier.
Prickett

Postby Prickett » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Good idea mangoose, or it could be done to where the character on the horse won't take any damage, unless it attacks the enemy first. Kind of a way to keep a party member alive that is in critical condition.
Prickett

Postby Prickett » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Can you post what some of the skies look like so far?
Prickett

Postby mixxer5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:33 pm

First- awesome pictures, really can't wait for release ;)

Second- why WizzardIsland (from Zarista Games) uses one of these pictures:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wizzard ... ?ls=1&mt=8
(3rd screen)?
mixxer5

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:24 am

Prickett wrote:Can you post what some of the skies look like so far?

Yea, I'd definitely like to see pics of the skies whenever its possible! :)
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Catacomber » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 am

mixxer5 wrote:First- awesome pictures, really can't wait for release ;)

Second- why WizzardIsland (from Zarista Games) uses one of these pictures:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wizzard ... ?ls=1&mt=8
(3rd screen)?

To answer your second question--we used that picture and are using many more of Sylon's artwork----
Because Sylon and I work together on projects---he collaborated on much of the 2d artwork for WizzardIsland.

Our next game will have even more of his artwork. And I hope that our game after that will have even more. And so on and so on….. :D

I paid for the license to use those mixxer5 so everything is legit. :D You can check the credits in WizzardIsland. : )

Sylon and I have worked together now for almost seven years. I help him with quests and stuff and he helps me with graphics and stuff.

It's been a win/win situation all around. And even though we have moved on to making our own independent games just as Redshift is moving on to making the Quest2, we still work together.

It's been one of the great pleasures of my life.

You really have good eyes for spotting things like that. : ) And you show that you're a very loyal person. : )
Catacomber

Postby BabbleOn5 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:39 pm

So excited for this! You guys are true bosses I will definetly be picking this up immedietly when it comes out. Loving the high quality pics the worlds gonna be so immersive can't wait!!!
BabbleOn5

Postby BabbleOn5 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:41 pm

If ever there was a kickstarter for this u can be sure id be a heavy contributor. What ever it takes to make this the best possible version of itself.
BabbleOn5

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:25 am

Sorry for the pause, I had some private life issues as well as an illness, and also this project had a member change after various discussions - Stewe left us again so only the two of us (Elendil and I) are in the group, as usual. But don't worry, now everything is fine and I'm back to work. The project is alive. Elendil promised to finish his part of the fantasy card game within a few months so hopefully he can join me for TQ2 at the end of the year.

UKayeF: of course you'll be able to make ingame notes in TQ2.

Mangoose: sorry, no horses. : ) At least right now we don't plan to do stuff like that.

Prickett and Abstractcolors: sorry, no skies yet. : ) I'm not there with the graphics. Right now I'm making the decoration elements for dungeons, cities and outdoor places.

Mixxer5: just read what Cat said about this. : ) Some of the shop interiors were made for both games, Cat's new game and our TQ2. (But of course there will be just enough interiors which you'll see only in TQ2.)

BabbleOn5: no kickstarter for this project (I don't think it would worth it), but of course anybody can donate with our site's Donate button (http://www.redshift.hu).
Sylon / Redshift

Postby abstractcolors215 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:40 am

First of all, I'm happy everything is fine now with you. While you work on the new Quest, I'm playing The FIRST Quest & Wizzard Island while we all wait for Quest 2! :P So I'm patient. I'm also excited for the fantasy card game, I love the card game in The Quest! :D
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Prickett » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Way to go guys, I hope you'll still get along in good time what with stewe gone, good luck!
Prickett

Postby macatron » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Love that you guys are sticking with hand drawn graphics! I really think that's what sets these kind of games apart from others. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more pictures of how the game is developing too. Is there any chance we'll be seeing a monster comparison shot between TQ and TQ 2 here soon? Keep up the great work guys!
macatron

Postby noobpod » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:38 pm

I leave for a few months and see this when I come back. What a great surprise. :D
Noobpod
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Abstractcolors: if you love our games so much probably you should try out Quest's prequel, Legacy too while you await for TQ2. : ) It's not on iOS (too old game) but you can try out the PC version. In this case check out its demo on our site's PC section (www.redshift.hu). Its title music was also written by Brian. : )
The fantasy card game is now going through a strong redesign (the old version has too many and too complex rules) but we still try to release it in this year.

Prickett: thanks, TQ2 will see the light without Stewe too, of course.

macatron: no monsters yet (I wrote here a few months earlier that they will be the last part in the line of graphic development), sorry. But I'll post some new stuff soon just to show you how the development goes.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby abstractcolors215 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:46 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Abstractcolors: if you love our games so much probably you should try out Quest's prequel, Legacy too while you await for TQ2. : ) It's not on iOS (too old game) but you can try out the PC version. In this case check out its demo on our site's PC section (http://www.redshift.hu). Its title music was also written by Brian. : )
The fantasy card game is now going through a strong redesign (the old version has too many and too complex rules) but we still try to release it in this year.

Prickett: thanks, TQ2 will see the light without Stewe too, of course.

macatron: no monsters yet (I wrote here a few months earlier that they will be the last part in the line of graphic development), sorry. But I'll post some new stuff soon just to show you how the development goes.
Thanks Sylon! I'll check that out!..And as for the fantasy card game, we'll be here waiting! :)
Beckie
abstractcolors215

PreviousNext

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)