FAQ for the updated Quest

We hope you'll enjoy it very much!

FAQ for the updated Quest

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:58 am

Will expansions be available?

It depends on the success of the game, but we are planning to update our own expansion (Islands of Ice and Fire). The availability of other expansions by third parties would depend on lots of things. One of the most important is the editor, see next question. We'll certainly examine the possibility if the time comes.

Will the editor be available to create our own game worlds/maps?

The editor in its current form is incapable of creating expansions for the new PC version and would need a major effort. However, if there is enough demand for it after the release of the game, we'll look into making it work.

Will there be an option to enable the old graphics?

No, sorry. The new version is just too different for that. But we'll add the old PC version as an optional extra to the game, if it is feasible. ;) (Any save created by the new PC version is incompatible with older versions, though.)

Do you have plans for other platforms?

We are planning to release a Macintosh version after the PC version. Right after that we would like to port the game to the iPad, using the new HD graphics. (The current iPhone version can be played on iPads, but it's just not the same. :)) And if the game proves successful enough, we are also planning an Android version.

Can I use my existing saves from either the iPhone version or the old PC version?

No, sorry. Save games are not compatible. They will be compatible between the new PC version and the upcoming ports of it (Mac, iPad, Android), though. And you'd need to start a new character anyway to get the Achievements. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: FAQ

Postby ch0po54 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Besides the Graphics improvement, is there a list of all the changes/bug fixes that we can see?
ch0po54

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:51 pm

ch0po54 wrote:Besides the Graphics improvement, is there a list of all the changes/bug fixes that we can see?

No detailed list, sorry. Most of the changes concerned the new graphics (both the 3d game view and the new UI).

No major changes or additions. The game will basically play as before. It's still The Quest. :)

However, these are the noticeable changes/corrections I can remember:
  • The graphics is all new (obviously ;)).
  • The music is much higher quality.
  • The spells "Sap Will" and "Undead Curse" didn't work before. Now they do, but have different effects than what was written before.
  • The cards "Mourner" and "Will-o'-the-wisp" now actually do what the description implies.
  • The city guards on the surface will now keep the monsters at bay (monsters will not move past them).
  • Lot's of small corrections on the maps (like removing a block which shouldn't be there, etc.) These don't affect gameplay or quests.
  • No annoying sound effect when moving around poisoned. :) (There is a graphical indicator, of course.)
  • The game now correctly indicates the actual ingredients which will be used when creating a potion. (Ingredients are only indicated when the creation is guaranteed to be successful.)
  • The game now uses the original high quality music, not the mod files.
  • You can add notes to the map.
  • The maximum skill limit is now 500.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby MeowPants » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:44 am

Will I be able to continue where i left off (2012 8-) ) through either uploading my game status or using cheat codes to give me my items and quest status?
MeowPants

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:12 pm

No, sorry. Save games are not compatible. And there are no cheat codes.

But to get the Achievements, you'd need to start a new character anyway. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby DarkValaMorgoth » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:02 am

I used to own an iPhone. I bought Quest when it came out and loved it, could not put my phone down. But I switched to Android 2 years ago and I sorely miss this game. I am dying for it to release on Android. It would be a great game for xbox too, these old school games are making a huge resurgence.
DarkValaMorgoth

Postby stubbieoz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 am

I have The Quest Gold and every single one of the expansions for my iPhone. Unfortunately they look pretty horrid on my iPad Pro.
I just saw the pc graphics and they look incredible.
You mention you could have plans to make an iPad version. Will that include the iPad Pro because some iPad games don't accommodate the Pros larger screen resolution.
stubbieoz

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:07 am

Yes, the iPad version should run on the iPad Pro too.

We are just getting close to finishing the Mac version. We plan to work on and release our own expansion next. But after that, we'll start on the iPad version. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Vissavald » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:58 am

Hi. I just have accidentally found your amazing-looking game. I'm a big fan of old-school grid-based RPGs and your game is insta-buy for me but I hate Steam, sorry :D ... The only two games I have there are Illwinter Games' indie masterpieces Dominions 4 and Conquest of Elysium 4. And they have a definitive reason for me to but them via Steam - they need Steam client ONLY just to download them. After it I can take them from Steamapps folder and place everywhere I want, run their own .exe files and uninstall Steam client itself forever! :) (though I'd need it to download the future updated releases of Illwinter games).

So does your game have such a magical Steam-independence or I need to run it from Steam client with Internet connected and so on?

Thanks in advance.
Nōn nōbīs, Domine...
Vissavald

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:05 am

The game requires Steam for its functionality (Achievements and Cloud saves), sorry. It should work in Steam's offline mode, where you need to authenticate it with Steam only once, but Steam must be installed for it to run.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Michele_L » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 pm

I have Quest & Islands enabled from Mac App Store. Are iPad Pro and Mac saves compatible? I'm also hoping more expansions will be coming soon!
Michele_L

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:18 am

Michele_L wrote:I have Quest & Islands enabled from Mac App Store. Are iPad Pro and Mac saves compatible? I'm also hoping more expansions will be coming soon!

Saves should be compatible.

There were too few sales on the Mac App Store. There will be no more expansions on the Mac App Store, sorry.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Michele_L » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

:(
Michele_L

Switch from iPhone to Android

Postby kmbright1993 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:12 am

Hello! I used to have an Apple product and loved the games! I recently made the switch to an Android. I know the app stores are obviously different, but is there a way to download the games so where I don't have to pay for each one again? If I have to that's fine! Just wasn't sure if there was some way..
kmbright1993

Re: Switch from iPhone to Android

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:56 am

kmbright1993 wrote:I know the app stores are obviously different, but is there a way to download the games so where I don't have to pay for each one again?

The games in separate app stores are separate purchases, sorry.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to The Quest is available on Steam, GOG, Google Play, App Store and in the Mac App Store!