Any reason for mages to buy Zarista games?

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye I.

Any reason for mages to buy Zarista games?

Postby crpgnut » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:44 pm

I've read several posts here that basically say all mages have been gimped....I like slaying with magic, so are there any expansions where that is feasible?
'nut
crpgnut

Re: Any reason for mages to buy Zarista games?

Postby Catacomber » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:37 am

We tried to make magic more useful in our expansions. After Luko I, you'll probably find we did some things to help with this. It's not our fault. It's just the way the Quest is set up.
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 am

In Cursed Stone (you can start it anytime), Elemental Asteroids (the best time to start it is right after finishing the main game) and Celtic Queen magic is extremely effective. I assume you can also use it almost everywhere in Celtic rift and CCS (but it may be not very efficient in many places).
So play these expansions first ;)
For all other expansions you can easily switch to melee weapons as a mage, even if you never invested any points into skills in using them, so don't worry, your mage won't be gimped in any of the expansions, as you can make up for any weakness with enough gold and caution :)
DeMenchev

Postby crpgnut » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Thanks guys. I can only play the expansions that make it to pc anyway, but I want to be prepared. I tried playing the iphone versions, but it just gives me a big ol' headache. My 52 year old diabetic eyes just can't stare at such a small screen.
'nut
crpgnut

Postby DeMenchev » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Have you tried the old PC version? With it you can play even more expansions than there are available on iOS, and the window isn't as small as an iPhone's screen.
It's actually in a folder with the HD version you bought on Steam, so go check it out ;) Some free expansions: http://www.catacomber.com/index.php/for ... t-are-free (you can try Terror's Returnal right away)

I wish you good health.
DeMenchev

Postby crpgnut » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:53 pm

DeMenchev wrote:Have you tried the old PC version? With it you can play even more expansions than there are available on iOS, and the window isn't as small as an iPhone's screen.
It's actually in a folder with the HD version you bought on Steam, so go check it out ;) Some free expansions: http://www.catacomber.com/index.php/for ... t-are-free (you can try Terror's Returnal right away)

I wish you good health.

I'll try them all, DeMenchev. Thanks for the hint about the steam version. I bought all the Legacy stuff from Sylon the other day, but I haven't downloaded any of it yet. I'm level 12 in the first game and I haven't done much at all for the MM. Talked to his prisoners, but that's it. I'm going to love the low level expansions because I always like the beginning when a character is weak and has to worry about a rat or bat :)
'nut
crpgnut

Postby DeMenchev » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Me too! I enjoy playing my favorite RPGs from low level with few items so much that I started them dozens of times, and finished almost as many times :) The Quest is very fun to play with a new character in my opinion.
For the second quest from the MM you need to pay a Suspicious man in the port of Mithria thousands of gold coins, that's 5000 if you don't have a good Persuade skill level, 2500 if it's good and 1000 if it's high (over 50 if I remember right).
DeMenchev

Postby Tract » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 pm

I still haven't finished Thors Hammer(although that's mainly due to being busy as hell, as it's not particularly imposing to a level 19 character). It is a mage(although a mage who is fond of running arround wearing a heavily plated tank, and toting a large axe), I'd say I will be getting Zarista expansions for...I don't know...more content?
Tract

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Magic should work really well in all our expansions. It works well in Hero of Lukomorye I. I used spells more often than weapons. :)
Catacomber

Postby istara » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:32 am

I usually play RPGs as a pure warrior type, but I find that magic is very useful and often necessary in The Quest games.

The good news is that regardless of how your character starts out, you rapidly end up becoming a master-of-everything anyway ;)
istara

Return to Hero of Lukomorye I