Bugs in HOL IV

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Bugs in HOL IV

Postby tweez » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:52 pm

I've encountered a couple of bugs I think.
First is when I use a Master repair hammer, it repairs everything with one click and doesn't lose it's Perfect status.
Secondly, I've enchanted the hell out of my armour and weapons. My hit rate is something like 33000-58000. Sounds great. But when I attack something with a HP of say 5000, it takes 3 or 4 hits to kill it and their health bar doesn't decrease at all until they're dead. It's kinda ruined the game for me as it's now taking longer to kill enemies than before when I had a hit rate of about 3000-6000. Hope you can sort this out as it's a fantastic game otherwise.
tweez

Re: Bugs in HOL IV

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:33 am

If your repair skill reaches 120, all repairs become instantenous (one click repairs). That's intended.

As for attack/health, that's because the attack rating you can see is just a "raw" attack rating. When you concretely attack something, the game takes into account their properties (defenses, enchantments, etc.). So a high level enemy in HOL IV will be heavily defended and your initial attack values will be reduced.

I don't know why the health bar doesn't decrease (no one else reported this problem before), but at this point in time, I only fix serious (crashing) bugs in the iPhone version, sorry.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby DeMenchev » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:03 pm

If your hit rate is so high, there's a good chance your blows will raise the monsters' hp. You can use Detect Mind on a monster that's hp wasn't decreased by such a devastating blow, and you'll see the creature have more hp than max hp.
You're better off with much lower weapon skills, as weapons get more damaged and break down faster the more damage they deal (or heal due to this bug) as well.
It's a fantastic game, I totally agree, I love it very much :)
DeMenchev

Postby tweez » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks for your replys! Yes my repair is 126 so that explains that.
I just returned to an older save position and enchanted a bit more modestly. It's all working fine now. Thanks again!!
tweez

Return to Technical Issues