News about the game

The forum for Redshift's upcoming fantasy board game.

Re: News about the game

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 pm

I can see a lot of work has been put into this game! I can't wait to play it!.. :)
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Geering » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:55 pm

AndreasE wrote:Had to register when I saw this, the game looks amazing! I've been a fan of your games since Dragonfire on my Nokia s60.

I'm really looking forward to a new game from you!

You too? I've been hooked on Redshift ever since Dragonfire on my Nokia N-Gage as well!

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Thanks everybody! And wow, it's good to see here such a longtime fan of our games, Andreas - I almost forgot about Dragonfire. : ) It was just our first try back in 2001, a game which was made within 5 weeks from start to finish. Well, I'm not really proud of that now, but somewhere you have to start...

Not really proud? Sure, it was a simple game, but it was well designed & laid the foundation to what was to come. That alone makes it a worthwhile acquisition for any fan of your games. I played through it a few days ago & it has held rather well, despite its simplicity.

Anyways, I assume this Grendelmoore thingamajig is going to be released for Windows PC alongside the New & Improved Quest, yes? YES?
Geering

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Yes. : ) (After the new Quest.)
And thanks for the nice words, it's good to see here such a longtime fan!
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Gondel516 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:00 pm

I realize you guys are probably wholly focused on Hi-Res version right now, but how far along are you on this one, like percent wise. I am (finally :D ) Getting a little tired of the card game. The card game always interrupts my normal Quest-playing time! :lol:

Also, are there any new screenshots you can share?
Gondel516

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Yep, we are focused now on the new Quest version, as well as its expansion's hi-res version. So Grendelmoore's development has some pause now (as well as TQ II's development). So no new screenshots for now, sorry!
About Grendelmoore's development: all graphics are done, and the engine was about OK too, which means it's working but with just one deck of cards. Will need to fill it up with all the other decks of cards, then test it, etc. (So when we'll continue to develop it somewhere in this year, it will need only a few months to reach the "ready to beta test" phase.)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby BlueShift » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:05 pm

I always thought this would make a brilliant game, I didn't realise this was something that would actually happen. You've got me hyped!
BlueShift

Postby kyoku- » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Man, I don't even remember how many times I laughed (or cried) of my deck in TQ's card game :)
Or when i see "Recharge wand" spell wands or other cool stuff in the shops, but I'm low on cash, then I'm like "Well, time to pay a visit to Thalas's inn" ;)
Hate CG's like HS and the others( pay2win etc.), but THIS one, simple yet perfect, kept me entertained for hours.

Can't wait to see the standalone reborn, man! ;)
livin' it up
kyoku-

Postby wynn95292yo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:11 am

Is it out yet?
wynn95292yo

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:01 am

Nope, the situation is still the same as above: the game's development has a pause now because other games' development. : ) Will be back to it as soon as possible - hopefully within a few months. Of course when we'll have any news about this game I'll post it here!
Sylon / Redshift

Postby wynn95292yo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:06 pm

Really looking forward to this game!
wynn95292yo

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Just a quick update: this game was not lost in development hell, but we decided to release it "partly within" The Quest 2. Which means you'll be able to play with the base of this game inside TQ2's inns/gambling houses, and if you would love a much bigger version with more cards/decks and a full story with champaigns, you'll be able to purchase it as a separate game too.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Prickett » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Can't wait!
Prickett

Postby abstractcolors215 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:49 am

I'm anticipating this very much! I know it will be another great game and a fine addition to Quest 2!
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks, and thank you for your patience too, Beckie - I know you're awaiting this game since years. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby abstractcolors215 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:48 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Thanks, and thank you for your patience too, Beckie - I know you're awaiting this game since years. : )

I have no problem waiting. These are great games,The Quest and its expansions too, are the best I've found on the Appstore of this type of game. I know it can take time to make them. I'm patiently waiting and I'll be ready to play!
Beckie
abstractcolors215

Postby ValenMorcaine » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:34 am

Grendelmoore looks incredible! ive enjoyed your games very much for a long time. i look forward to getting this title too! thank you for your games!
ValenMorcaine

Postby seyss » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:48 pm

Where’s the game ?
I want the regular card game from The Quest Classic.. what are my options ?
seyss

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Grendelmoore will be released along with The Quest II. (As a separate standalone game, and also as a smaller game inside TQII.)
We have no plans for releasing The Quest's card game as a standalone product, sorry. If you want to play with it you can do it inside TQ1 and inside TQ1 Classic.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby seyss » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:20 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Grendelmoore will be released along with The Quest II. (As a separate standalone game, and also as a smaller game inside TQII.)
We have no plans for releasing The Quest's card game as a standalone product, sorry. If you want to play with it you can do it inside TQ1 and inside TQ1 Classic.

Please guys.. it wouldn’t take more than a couple of hours to control+c control+v the code and graphics from TQ1’s card game and put it in a separate game and charge U$1 for it.. this card game is so addictive and great! Maybe in a later update option to use old or new graphics.
Thanks keep up the good work.
seyss

Postby seyss » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:36 am

Here’s my wishlist for the standalone Gol’Crop game:
- Original graphics, with an option to switch to the new HD graphics in a later update
- Local (bluetooth) and online gameplay.
- Original music.
- U$1 price

Thanks!
seyss

Previous

Return to Grendelmoore