HELP

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

HELP

Postby djkort » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi
I bought expansion on steam, but I don't see any difference now.It shows me that dlc is installed.There is no choice to travel on that island in game. Where can i find assurance that dlc is installed, or What should I do if it isn't installed right ? Thank you for help
djkort

Re: HELP

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:36 pm

First, restart the game (if you bought the expansion while the game was running). It'll only recognize it on a fresh start.

You can travel there by talking to Captain Hanty, in the port of Mithria (the large city in the north east part of Freymore). You can't travel there from any other sea captain.

If after restart you still can't get there, please check if the expansion file is installed: if you use the default Steam install location on Windows, it's here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Quest\expansions\isle.pak"

If it's not there, please try reinstalling it from Steam.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby djkort » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 am

Thank you, it was my bad, I tryed to trawel there from Matras
djkort

Postby MastiffMike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:54 am

I'm having a problem getting the expansion (Ice&Fire) to work. Downloaded it, enabled it, and then talking to Captain Hanty only gives 2 choices (Matras and Vastares). Same thing happened on my daughters phone. Neither us of got any sort of "Expansion Enabled" notification but after pushing "Enable in The Quest" the base game does fire up and "continue" loads the most recent game file.

We've both tried rebooting and re-enabling and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the expansion with no change.

The expansion obb file is shown on my phone (Android>obb>hu.redshift.thequestexp1 - 198.04MB) and there's a config.ini file (Android>data>hu.redshift.thequestexp1>files - 1.04KB) for the expansion, but the base game shows no sign that the expansion exists (nothing appears different on the menu screen and Cptn. Hanty doesn't offer any additional options).

FWIW, the expansion screen says it's version 2.0 while The Quest screen says it's v1.9

Should I uninstall both the base and expansions and reinstall them? Any other ideas?
MastiffMike

Postby Prickett » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:11 am

You have to speak with the captain in Mithria. I believe Hanty is in Matras. All the expansions are only accessible in the capital city's captain.
Prickett

Postby MastiffMike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:58 pm

Prickett wrote:You have to speak with the captain in Mithria. I believe Hanty is in Matras. All the expansions are only accessible in the capital city's captain.

Hanty is the Mithria Captain (Matras is Cptn Vsomething) and we have spoken to him but only have the choices for destination of Matras or Vastares.
MastiffMike

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm

You have to have at least version 2.0 of The Quest. Update it (it'll update to 2.0.2 right now), then enable the expansion (The Quest will show a little blurb about the expansion having been enabled on startup).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby MastiffMike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:You have to have at least version 2.0 of The Quest. Update it (it'll update to 2.0.2 right now), then enable the expansion (The Quest will show a little blurb about the expansion having been enabled on startup).

Yes! My daughter actually figured it out a little bit ago (she was on v1.8) and upon updating and re-enabling it works for both of us!

Now if I could just find someone that trains (I'm a pitiful 25) Attack Magic... :twisted:
MastiffMike

Return to Technical Issues