Enchanting

Guides and walkthroughs.

Enchanting

Postby Jamie990 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Why should I enchant myself?
Enchanting is the best skill to have in the game it can make the differance between life and death. It is useful to have heavy enchanted equipment to help you start a new expansion especially if your person isnt that strong. it also helps to complete certain quests that need a set level of skill. Obviouosley you can just go to any shop and pay to get some gear enchanted but that is very expensive in the long run and it is cheaper to enchant yourself.

What do I need?
To enchant yourself in the game all you need is the knowledge of the spell enchant and some fortify magic potions to help you get started. Enchantable Gear is a must have.

How To start Enchanting to high levels?
To start Enchanting and being able to enchant to high levels you should get some fortify magic potions. Drink a small fortify magic potion, a large fortify magic potion, an ultimate fortify magic potion and a homemade one if possible. Then cast the spell enchant and select the gear you would like to enchant. If you find yourself able to already enchant to the level you require then just enchant with whatever you want. If not, you may want to get some gear with smaller enchant storage and start enchanting it all with enviornment magic, as you go along equip this gear and you will notice your enchanting storage going up and up and up. Keep going you may have to enchant gear with more storage again with enviornment magic and equip that but it is worth the effort. When you do get to the value of enchanting you need/want that's you done. Enchant away with whatever you want but keep the gear stored somewhere safe for future use.

Uses of high level enchanting
High level enchanting has many uses, it can be used to improve your weapons, armour and accessories. It can make you the most powerful warrior or the most powerful mage or the most powerful archer whatever you want. One of the best uses of it is to enchant a whole new set of gear with alchemy to allow you to make super strong potions. the stronger the alchemy skill the stronger the potion that will be made so you can have fortify melee potions with much much more than just 100% enjoy;)
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Re: Enchanting

Postby AlyshaWall » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:33 am

Beautiful :)
AlyshaWall

Postby noobpod » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:43 am

Thank you for the guide! Malintaur and his gear appreciates it.
noobpod

Postby AlyshaWall » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:50 am

Noobpod are you post-stalking me?
AlyshaWall

Postby noobpod » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:54 am

AlyshaWall wrote:Noobpod are you post-stalking me?

Hey no going off topic ;p and yes, I'm stalking you.
noobpod

Postby AlyshaWall » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:02 am

I dont blame you. She's great. And umm yeah enchant enchant enchant.. (I'm on topic:P)
AlyshaWall

Postby Jamie990 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Only just noticed people said thanks, so thank you too :D
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

This is a dumb question

Postby macrid04 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:48 am

I used 1 small fortify magic potion. The armor that i want to enchant has 350 enchant storage, but i can only do 72 which is not even half of the maximum enchant storage. Do i need to increase my environment magic skills in order reach the maximum or atleast increase my maximum storage?
macrid04

Postby macrid04 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 am

Nvm :) i got it already.
macrid04

Postby dudiel24 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 pm

hi guys I still don't know how to enchant process to get high mana,I don't know what to do please describe for me or give example,thank you
dudiel24

Postby dudiel24 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:55 am

help somebody?
dudiel24

Postby Pilot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:07 am

The quickest way to increase Mana early in the game is with potions and increased INT. Small Fortify Mana is available in Matras. You can only use one small mana potion at a time but can stack different level potions. Use the Save and Re-Shop trick to get the Mark spell or Wand and the Recall spell if you can. After completing the easy Matras quests travel along the inner coast to Vastares and Strong Fortify Mana is available there. Carry several Heal, Cure poisons and a resist poison for the Cemetery quest. Carry several heal and restore Mana for the road to Vastares. I could go on but there is a lot to say that has already been written. Read through all of the existing guides and then ask questions. I have some minor disagreements/additions to some guides but you wouldn't go far wrong following them closely. Eventually, you can enchant items to get more spell points and you can buy potions of three levels that give you more spell points. but the best way to increase spell points permanently is to increase INT attribute- 5 SP/INT pt. You can also enchant items either directly with more Mana (SP) or with increased INT (my choice). My suggestion is to maximize INT when you level, choose Env Magic as a primary skill and max it as you level up. You can enchant low level items with a wand of enchant. The enchant level of spells is governed by your Env Magic skill. Read the guides.
Pilot

Postby Harryhowser » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Sorry for the complete Noob question but once you have enchanted some gear like Dragon Heavy Blade, are you able to 're-enchant' it? I.e. It lists enchantable storage available as 291 when Enchantment needed can go all the way to 1215 but will not allow me to enchant this high.
My Enviroment Magic skill lists at 75. Do I need to go more on this?
Harryhowser

Postby Prickett » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:25 am

I don't believe you can re-enchant. Once you've done so, it's final.
Prickett

Postby lioneros » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I still do not get how the enchanting works here. I get the fortify magic potions and then just use enchant spell, select an item I want to enchant and then what?

Can I choose what kind of effect do I want to add or?
Are there some special items like gems that determine what kind of enchantment is the item going to receive?

Thanks
lioneros

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:30 pm

The enchant screens show all effects you can add to an item you are enchanting.

When you are enchanting yourself, you are limited to the spells you have learned. If you don't know many (or any) spells useful for enchanting, you are better off going to a shop which enchants (like Ithulde the magician in Matras).

Also you don't need fortify magic for enchanting, it just helps getting stronger effects. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby lioneros » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 pm

In order to get more for example % of magic resistance in the item when I enchant myself, I have to raise my environment magic skill or only user fortify magic potions?
What stats do help to make the enchanting stronger?

lioneros

Postby MasterAbbott » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Or you could simply go speak to Ottogon in the Undead City as he can Enchant stuff up to 600 storage :mrgreen:

Just make sure you have a lot of money with you.
:twisted: Fear The Master :twisted:
MasterAbbott

Return to Guides