Game Hints and Questions

Forum for discussing Dragon Jade.

Game Hints and Questions

Postby Elllsid » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Starting a new thread here, some questions regarding hints and tips for Dragon Jade. I have a list below-if this section becomes too cluttered, I'll separate out the questions and answers into separate threads. So, my last questions are below, minus the ones Catacomber already answered (THANK YOU!).

In the abode of agony, there are statues that correspond to different assets. I'm left with "personality is an asset to cultivate." What's the value needed here? My base is only 63, but between items and a potion it's at 128. I cant imagine it needs to be higher than that. Does it? Please say it ain't so! ;)

There's a door in abode I can't open to the north, with no idea how to open. Some ghost laughs at me when I try. I tried kicking, screaming, using my teeth, putting on all the yang equipment... well, replace the first three with other stuff. :) there's also an area in the middle with monsters (I can sense them!) but it's surrounded by walls and I can see no way to get in there (there's another place where this happens, but I can't remember where). And there's also that merciful room with all the coffins and traps I think the solution has to do with the Chinese numbers, but I've spent more than 100 potions trying to figure out what... or if it's just a room with coffins and traps. And angry little fiery statues.

So, there's this poor monk ghost who's head I have to bury in the cemetery. I have plenty of wood (5 are needed) and the skull, I tried walking all over the cemetery and all the trapped pentagram and such around the temple, no burying occurs. I tried wielding the crafting hammer, since I have to build his poor little skull a coffin... no dice, day or night. ¿Porqué? I kinda wanna just kill his ghost at this point. :o

Spectral Monks' temple: There's a green forcefield to the west. I eliminated the one in the east, have no idea on this one. Maybe it has to do with my next question. Those plates??? They don't stay down and "nothing happens." I tried putting a rock on each, I even tried throwing armor on them, nuttin'.

In the Dragon Caves. There are holes along the corridor to the right that drop you outside, and I've hit three switches so far but the last one doesn't seem to have done anything. The last(?) hole is still there, and I can't see any way to get around it. Also, I never found anything in the floor below (accessed by descending through the black hole on the map). There are two piles of skulls, with a barrel behind one of them. I've tried tapping them, hitting them, casting lightning on them and a bunch of other things that make no sense, but I was desperate! Maybe they are there just to tease?

Still very grateful for all the help thus far and will also be for any help on these. And happy new year, everybody!!! :mrgreen: :geek: :arrow: :)
Elllsid

Re: Game Hints and Questions

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 am

It's better to ask the questions separately but I'll try to answer as one big question. : )

If you got that message about personality at the statue--did you already get the Yang helm? It will say that if you have the Yang Helm or your Personality is less than 44. I don't think you have anything more to do there.

That door you're trying to open is for the Yin peeps. Forget about it. Unless you want to replay as a Yin. : )

To bury the monks skull, did you drop all but five pieces of wood?

Didn't I answer the question about the Spectral Monks' Temple and these already? : ) If I didn't, let me know.

For the Dragon Caves, there is more than one entrance. Did you find the secret switches behind the ferns? There is a hole there that is not going to move--you have to remove the walls around it via secret switches in the ferns.

For all that stuff you're having a problem with in the drop down hole--maybe you need a quest you don't have? It's not a tease. : )

"For Soon Gonn, Potaraka Island, retrieve six caskets of jewels from the Treasure Dragon's lair, Abode of Dragons, Dragon Jade Mountains." : )
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 pm

My apologies for the big mess of questions. But THANK YOU!!! I'm much further along now. Only one question remains--this accursed skull. I dropped the extra wood, I only have five now, but no luck. I tried putting them on the ground, the skull on the ground, and both, using the crafting hammer to smack them, the yin sword, jumping off a cliff... um, I mean, other stuff. ;)

Maybe I'm in the wrong place? One message says the cemetery, the other says the garden. I'm in the place outside just south of the spectral temple that has the two coffins in it. I thought it would just bury them when I stepped on the right spot.

Again thanks for your earlier help! I went back to your room, and left you some rainbow trout. :)
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Thank you for the rainbow trout! :). Not at my computer right now. Will help as soon as Imam. You have the quest, right? The area with the two coffins is the right place. Do you have the right skull?
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:52 am

Catacomber wrote:Thank you for the rainbow trout! :). Not at my computer right now. Will help as soon as Imam. You have the quest, right? The area with the two coffins is the right place. Do you have the right skull?

Alas, I was soooo hoping you were going to tell me I was in the wrong place. I have the "Young Monk's Skull" and the quest "Free the Prisoner." Did I miss a step? I think I freed the prisoner, that's how I got the skull, I think? (I apologize, I have a terrible memory for these sorts of things, which explains many of my earlier ridiculous questions).

I'm going leave the Ball of Yarn and the Laser Beam Toy Thingy at your place now.... :P
Elllsid

Postby DeMenchev » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 am

You have a skull, but do you have bones?
DeMenchev

Postby Elllsid » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:55 am

DeMenchev wrote:You have a skull, but do you have bones?

I am boneless. Prithee, where might I get dem bones?
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:24 am

Thank you for the ball of yarn. : )

You need to go back to the cells and get your feet wet. The Quest description is actually inaccurate and as such should be changed. If you'd like an item named after you in Dragon Jade or Thor's Hammer--hopefully coming some time in March, you can have one. Just let me know what kind--- : )
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Catacomber wrote:Thank you for the ball of yarn. : )

You need to go back to the cells and get your feet wet. The Quest description is actually inaccurate and as such should be changed. If you'd like an item named after you in Dragon Jade or Thor's Hammer--hopefully coming some time in March, you can have one. Just let me know what kind--- : )

Hm... I've dipped my feet everywhere, I think. I assume by cells you mean the areas near the Young Monk? I searched the abodes, caves and maze.

And..... :o :o :o :shock: something named after... lil' old me??? I'd be Honored!!!!! Hm. Maybe a spell? A ring? Whatever's available! I'm easy. That would be amazing, but if you can't, I'd understand. You are awesome!!
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Elllsid wrote:
Catacomber wrote:Thank you for the ball of yarn. : )

Hm... I've dipped my feet everywhere, I think. I assume by cells you mean the areas near the Young Monk? I searched the abodes, caves and maze.

And..... :o :o :o :shock: something named after... lil' old me??? I'd be Honored!!!!! Hm. Maybe a spell? A ring? Whatever's available! I'm easy. That would be amazing, but if you can't, I'd understand. You are awesome!!

A ring is good. :). Preenchanted or with enchant able storage.

There's a pool of water in the area of the Young Monk.
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:53 am

Catacomber wrote:
A ring is good. :). Preenchanted or with enchant able storage.

There's a pool of water in the area of the Young Monk.

Ooh! Preenchanted! Something like +400 intelligence, +250 attack magic, and +4,000 feline intuition. :P

When you say pool of water, you mean pool of blood? There's a pool of reddish water, but I don't see water near this guy... I thought maybe I missed a secret passage or something, but I'm smashing and tapping every wall I can see. Sometimes the blood responds with "you hear weeping somewhere. I feel rather dumb. :?
Elllsid

Postby DeMenchev » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:17 am

Those stats would be inappropriate in this relatively low-level expansion!
The bones must be in a cell, behind a gate somewhere not far from the quest giver.
DeMenchev

Postby DeMenchev » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:26 am

Ah, you need over 35 Accuracy!!! That's why you couldn't find the bones. It isn't very fair, there is't even a slightest hint, yeah. Hope you enjoy the rest very much!
DeMenchev

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 am

@Elllsid--What enchantments do you really want on your ring? :)

@DeMenchev--it used to be that's what forums are for--no hints but forums. :).
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:35 pm

I was joking about the enchantments above, I'm not sure what the limitations are, exactly. Would something like +40 attack magic and +20 intelligence be too much? If so, whatever you feel is right with those two buffs. And again, I'm honored!

Also, thanks for the advice! Monk is buried and decomposing nicely. I never would have figured that out.

Don't want to push my luck, but I thought he'd cough up the yang shard. I kept the accuracy up and am scouring all fluids, bodily and otherwise, in the abode and maze. I even did some enchanting to get stealth up to go back in the lurker's hole (what he was saying seemed to imply that), but I fear I'm way off base. Searched the river in the maze, too.

I think the game wants me to leave... I think I just saw the four horsemen ride by... :P
Elllsid

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:48 am

Those enchantments are all right, yeah.
Look for the Yang Shard in Dragon Caves. Do you have Bao's quest? There's a rock in the Abode of Dragons from which you can randomly climb to 3 different places, so try going up and down a few times. Hint: look for the shard near a door which can't be opened.
DeMenchev

Postby Elllsid » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Whoooooo hoooooo!!!!! Oops, sorry, got a little excited there. I finished! (In case I was too subtle...)

Thanks for all the help!!! I'll leave more trout and... whatever Demenchevs eat by your doors! :)

I'll eagerly await the next installment's appearance on iOS, and in the meantime, perhaps I can help some other people, too. Not as well as you, but I'll give it a shot! See you around the forums.
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:44 am

Elllsid wrote:Whoooooo hoooooo!!!!! Oops, sorry, got a little excited there. I finished! (In case I was too subtle...)

Thanks for all the help!!! I'll leave more trout and... whatever Demenchevs eat by your doors! :)

I'll eagerly await the next installment's appearance on iOS, and in the meantime, perhaps I can help some other people, too. Not as well as you, but I'll give it a shot! See you around the forums.

Congratulations! I'll put your ring in the Dragon Jade update. Thor's Hammer will be sometime in March. Any help you can give anyone is always appreciated. :)
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 am

So Jung will sell your ring. : )
Catacomber

Postby Elllsid » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:44 pm

:o :P :P :P :P :D
Elllsid

Postby Catacomber » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:06 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D