Using a rope

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Using a rope

Postby Kenncola » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:24 pm

I've tried using a rope on the pet dog and on the cliff with no luck. How do you utilize non weapons?
Thanks!
Kenncola

Re: Using a rope

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Kenncola wrote:I've tried using a rope on the pet dog and on the cliff with no luck. How do you utilize non weapons?
Thanks!

You can't really "use" it. The object--dog, rock or npc checks to see if you have it in your inventory. Just tap on the dog or step on the rock or grass to climb.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Kenncola wrote:I've tried using a rope on the pet dog and on the cliff with no luck. How do you utilize non weapons?
Thanks!

I don't know if this helps, but I wish I'd realized it sooner myself: before you can interact with the dog, you need to remove an obstacle between it and you...

For the cliff, the first time I tried it didn't work out despite having 3 items of rope; the second (like, after a few game-days) it did.
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:11 pm

iwastetimeongames wrote:
Thanks!

I don't know if this helps, but I wish I'd realized it sooner myself: before you can interact with the dog, you need to remove an obstacle between it and you...

For the cliff, the first time I tried it didn't work out despite having 3 items of rope; the second (like, after a few game-days) it did.

That's often the case--that you have to remove an obstacle before you can interact with someone or something. I'll ask Elendil about the rope situation. Are you on iOS? Whatever the delay is it has nothing to do with the coding.
Catacomber

Postby Kenncola » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanks all. I removed the obstructing object from in front of the dog. When I tap him, he just bites me LOL. Possess 3 ropes so that's not the problem.
I'm played on an iPhone.
Love the game - I've enjoyed most of the expansions and this might be my favorite yet!
Kenncola

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Kenncola wrote:Thanks all. I removed the obstructing object from in front of the dog. When I tap him, he just bites me LOL. Possess 3 ropes so that's not the problem.
I'm played on an iPhone.
Love the game - I've enjoyed most of the expansions and this might be my favorite yet!

Glad to hear that! Let me check the doggie. : )

Need five pieces of good meat and persuade of at least 23.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Answer to the rope problem------

the editor checks if you have a rope-----if you have more than 1 drop the extra. Editor can only check if you have one---so in many instances this is the answer.

The only way I can get around this is to have an npc check if you have the rope and that would be tedious. Will think about it for expansions after Luko I however.
Catacomber

Postby Kenncola » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:53 am

Ok that did the Trixx, LOL! I believe it was both multiple ropes and persuasion level that prevented success but the puppy is now safely home. Thanks!
Kenncola

Return to Thor's Hammer