Scattered Music Quest

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Scattered Music Quest

Postby iwastetimeongames » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Of the five pieces of sheet music for Oslof, I have only found 3 outside Lord Gorum's Keep - one in a hollow tree, one under a rock and one in a bush. I didn't really have to hit any of those three items, but just walk on them. I have been searching the entire quadrant of Gorum's keep not only walking on but also hitting every hittable item – but I haven't been able to find the remaining 2 pieces. Does this have to do with Oslof saying that he "thinks" he's lost all of them there, with that being an incorrect guess? Or am I just not looking hard enough?
iwastetimeongames

Re: Scattered Music Quest

Postby DeMenchev » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Are you sure you found one in a bush? There are two in a bush.
DeMenchev

Postby iwastetimeongames » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:14 pm

DeMenchev wrote:Are you sure you found one in a bush? There are two in a bush.

I remember one bush, I think with 1 piece – but at this point who knows? there's no counter. at any rate, 1 would be still missing...
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:06 am

This is a bit of a spoiler so don't read it unless you want to be somewhat spoiled. : )

Read down.

The scattered music sheets are at:

Right outside Lord Gorum's Keep---

Pond; Hollow Tree; Green Bush (you get 2); Rock.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 am

Catacomber wrote:This is a bit of a spoiler so don't read it unless you want to be somewhat spoiled. : )

Read down.

I actually did find those (I'd forgotten about the pond). I think though the bush only gave me 1 (for a total of 4, currently).The harpist is not taking the sheet music, so I guess I have fewer than 5. Is there a way to locate that bush precisely, so to try and maybe hit it to see if I get the other 1?
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 am

iwastetimeongames wrote:
Catacomber wrote:This is a bit of a spoiler so don't read it unless you want to be somewhat spoiled. : )

Read down.

I actually did find those (I'd forgotten about the pond). I think though the bush only gave me 1 (for a total of 4, currently).The harpist is not taking the sheet music, so I guess I have fewer than 5. Is there a way to locate that bush precisely, so to try and maybe hit it to see if I get the other 1?

If you hit that bush already, you aren't going to get another one. The bush is right up against the right side of his keep. Maybe you dropped one? Can you go back to an earlier save file? Make sure you didn't miss one of these. Did you try the hollow tree? The rock?
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:31 am

If and only if you are absolutely stuck, I can hide one somewhere. I hate to do that but what is a cat to do?

I'll be doing an update in the next few days for something unrelated so let me know. Try stepping on rocks and pools around the keep and try that bush and hollow tree again.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 am

Catacomber wrote:If and only if you are absolutely stuck, I can hide one somewhere. I hate to do that but what is a cat to do?

I'll be doing an update in the next few days for something unrelated so let me know. Try stepping on rocks and pools around the keep and try that bush and hollow tree again.

So, I slept at an inn for 8 days. Went back, and found another piece in the pond – again! I tried the other things (tree, bush, rock) and nothing more came out. If I am correct, at this point I should have at least 5 pieces. However, when I went to the harpist, he didn't allow me to conclude the quest... Could it be an issue on the character's end?
iwastetimeongames

Postby jaquan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:05 pm

iwastetimeongames wrote:
Catacomber wrote:If and only if you are absolutely stuck, I can hide one somewhere. I hate to do that but what is a cat to do?

So, I slept at an inn for 8 days. Went back, and found another piece in the pond – again! I tried the other things (tree, bush, rock) and nothing more came out. If I am correct, at this point I should have at least 5 pieces. However, when I went to the harpist, he didn't allow me to conclude the quest... Could it be an issue on the character's end?

I'm having the same problem(can only find 4) and remember only receiving one sheet from the Bush.
jaquan

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:04 pm

I went back and tested this quest myself and didn't have any problem completing it. I checked the npc also and no problem there. This could be some kind of device specific glitch. What devices are you playing on?
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Catacomber wrote:I went back and tested this quest myself and didn't have any problem completing it. I checked the npc also and no problem there. This could be some kind of device specific glitch. What devices are you playing on?

I am on an iPhone 6
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Will test again but I didn't find any problem and none of the testers had a problem with this. Always keep a few save files in case you have to redo something. iPhone glitches do happen and not sure I can help.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 pm

The bush definitely gives two sheets of music.

You need persuade greater than 24 for the harpist to help you.

I have gotten the quest. Tapped the bush, got 2. Walked on the pool, got 1. Tapped the hollow tree, got 1. Walked on the rock, got 1. Have 5.

Went back to the harpist and he took them and solved the quest.

Don't know what else to say here.
Catacomber

Postby jaquan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Catacomber wrote:The bush definitely gives two sheets of music.

I have gotten the quest. Tapped the bush, got 2. Walked on the pool, got 1. Tapped the hollow tree, got 1. Walked on the rock, got 1. Have 5.

I have galaxy s7 edge. I will go to a different saved file and try again.
jaquan

Postby jaquan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:34 am

jaquan wrote:

I have galaxy s7 edge. I will go to a different saved file and try again.

Redoing the quest from the saved file worked. Thanks.
jaquan

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:01 am

You are very welcome. Glad you got through. Sometimes glitches happen on handheld devices. Best for that reason to keep a few save files.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 pm

My persuade is at 75... Any chance you could hide two more scrolls somewhere or have Phredd sell them?
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 pm

I can hide two more scrolls. :). Next update?
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Catacomber wrote:I can hide two more scrolls. :). Next update?

That would be amazing -- thanks!
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Will do but just out of curiosity----

There is a BIG green bush, one of the impassable kind snug against the right side of the keep as you face north. Did you TAP that bush? Not walk on it cause you can't but tap it?
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 am

Catacomber wrote:Will do but just out of curiosity----

There is a BIG green bush, one of the impassable kind snug against the right side of the keep as you face north. Did you TAP that bush? Not walk on it cause you can't but tap it?

I know which one. Believe me: not working, tap or (not) walk. I must've broken the bush!
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 am

Update sent to Elendil. You have to wait for Apple or Google Play to approve it.

There are now two sheets on a window directly left of the bush that gives you 2 sheets. (Actually it's a yellow bush.)
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 am

Catacomber wrote:Update sent to Elendil. You have to wait for Apple or Google Play to approve it.

There are now two sheets on a window directly left of the bush that gives you 2 sheets. (Actually it's a yellow bush.)

Awesome!
iwastetimeongames

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:41 am

Catacomber wrote:Update sent to Elendil. You have to wait for Apple or Google Play to approve it.

Hey Cat, I just tried after downloading the latest update to the main game but didn't succeed. (Also, I didn't find Thaliesen among Heather's objects – I wrote that also in the "hoodoo item" post).
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:41 pm

iwastetimeongames wrote:

Hey Cat, I just tried after downloading the latest update to the main game but didn't succeed. (Also, I didn't find Thaliesen among Heather's objects – I wrote that also in the "hoodoo item" post).

They're there--tap window near bush on right side of castle. Go to door to castle--walk east, turn and face north. Tap those windows until you find the one that gives you the sheets. : )
Catacomber

Next

Return to Thor's Hammer