Some final quest questions

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Some final quest questions

Postby istara » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Great game, and I’ve completed the main quest! But some questions remain…

1. Witch’s Curse - can’t find Villi in Humbria Jail/can’t open cell door

2. Nuggets of gold - can’t access top of mine/only found one vein (managed to complete by resting a week and returning for the couple of nuggets on the ground)

3. Gather flowers - can’t access second woad bush in Fairy Circle (managed to complete by getting woad at other herb shops) - how do I get through the final blue door in the Blue Fairy’s Eyrie?

4. Hoodoo village - can’t find Ragnarok sword, found everything else (this doesn't get added to the quest list by the way)

5. Witch’s curse - can’t find Villi the Gnome (supposedly in Humbria Jail but I can’t open the dungeon door (solitary confinement)

6. Arena of Pain - I’ve forgotten where this is?

Note: Star’s light - this has a really terrible reward - if you complete the quest, she downgrades the sword by only applying a 200 Enchant to it, when it has 450 storage. I tried pre-enchanting the sword first, but it still gets downgraded with other enchantments lost. So far it’s the only light weapon I’ve found that allows for Drain Mana + Drain Health.
istara

Re: Some final quest questions

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:37 am

Big list--so one by one. And thanks. : )

Vinni the Gnome---is in the upper north of Humbria Jail. You have to lockpick his cell door--doesn't take much lockpick skill.

Top of mine is not that hard to get into. The gold is on cracks on the walls. Admittedly cracks on walls are sometimes hard to see but they're there.

Flowers--you need a weapon that the Chalk Soldier there drops to get into that blue door.

Hoodoo stuff was purposely left off quest list.

Ragnarok sword is on a green bush near where you landed when you first got there.

Arena of Pain you get to from Brass Horn's Cave. : )

Star's Light--I have a conscience who keeps me in line for awards to items. You can thank or curse him. Can't go against him as he really helps me with a lot of things. Be happy it drains what it drains. : )
Catacomber

Postby istara » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:05 am

Catacomber wrote:Big list--so one by one. And thanks. : )

Vinni the Gnome---is in the upper north of Humbria Jail. You have to lockpick his cell door--doesn't take much lockpick skill.

Top of mine is not that hard to get into. The gold is on cracks on the walls. Admittedly cracks on walls are sometimes hard to see but they're there.

Flowers--you need a weapon that the Chalk Soldier there drops to get into that blue door.

Hoodoo stuff was purposely left off quest list.

Ragnarok sword is on a green bush near where you landed when you first got there.

Arena of Pain you get to from Brass Horn's Cave. : )

Star's Light--I have a conscience who keeps me in line for awards to items. You can thank or curse him. Can't go against him as he really helps me with a lot of things. Be happy it drains what it drains. : )

Thanks as well!

1. Vinni/Humbria Jail - below is what I have for Humbria Jail. The door facing me is at "None" chance of unpicking, even with Lockpicking Level 74 and a Master Pick. How can I access the rest of the jail, if there's more to access?

2. Gold nuggets - I found one crack, but no others. I got to a room in the north with three pits you can climb down. One of them blocks the way to a passage and I can't figure out how to get past that one (if you're supposed to).

3. Flowers/Chalk Soldier - what did he drop? I seem to have tried about a gazillion things!

4. Hoodoo/Ragnarok - yay - done!

5. Arena of Pain - hooray, found it again. But what weapon kills the hard monsters at the end? I've tried about a dozen different ones, including Agony and Thor's Hammer and so on.

6. Star's Light - it's not that it's too strong, it's that you can't take advantage of its Enchanting capacity if you also want to complete the quest. So I'll hang on to it now (enchanted with Drain Mana and Drain Health!) and Mark the location, and come back in a future expansion when I've found something else equivalent or better ;)

istara

Postby istara » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:56 am

Catacomber wrote:Flowers--you need a weapon that the Chalk Soldier there drops to get into that blue door.

I slept for a week and returned. The Chalk Soldier drops a Great Pole-Axe. It doesn't appear to open the blue door.

There's a fountain I switched off which now say "Gurgle Gurgle" but hitting that with the Axe doesn't work either ;)
istara

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:09 am

You aren't very far into the Jail. The Jailor has hidden a key near him. On a crack.

For Arena of Pain there is a sword (Agony) on a shelf there. You have to use that sword (equip it) and crack some columns. Four. Two columns are by the entrance and two columns are earlier on surrounded by floor traps.

The right Chalk Soldier is in the north west and beyond a gate you need a key for. He drops a Fairy Staff and you can't enter the Fairy Queen's room without it as you need it to fight her. You need the Faerie Key to get to the Chalk Soldier. Hint: The Faerie Key is on a shelf behind a lot of crackable/tappable walls. But then you need the Iron Key to get to the last area where you must hit/tap walls. If you hit/tap the right walls you'll get the Iron Key. Walls look different from others. : )

In the Chevron Mines, the gold is on cracks on the walls in the northwest. You might have to use Burning Hand on rock.
Catacomber

Postby istara » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 am

Yay - found the jail key! Thank you so much ;)

By the way there's a (hostile) woman in another cell with no name, it's just blank. I killed her and she dropped a couple of spellbooks.
istara

Postby istara » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:43 am

Catacomber wrote:The right Chalk Soldier is in the north west and beyond a gate you need a key for. He drops a Fairy Staff and you can't enter the Fairy Queen's room without it as you need it to fight her. You need the Faerie Key to get to the Chalk Soldier. Hint: The Faerie Key is on a shelf behind a lot of crackable/tappable walls. But then you need the Iron Key to get to the last area where you must hit/tap walls. If you hit/tap the right walls you'll get the Iron Key. Walls look different from others. : )t

I'm still stuck! It must be the iron one I don't have. I do have a weapon called Fairy Shaft. I've hit and tapped every single wall and turned well spigots on and off, but still nothing :(

istara

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:22 pm

istara wrote:Yay - found the jail key! Thank you so much ;)

By the way there's a (hostile) woman in another cell with no name, it's just blank. I killed her and she dropped a couple of spellbooks.

Looking in the editor she has a name----Lil the Fortune Teller. That might be some graphics glitch.

If you have a sword called the Fairy Shaft then you're possible missing the Gold Key that opens her door if you also have that sword.

One of the Evil Fairies drops the Gold Key.

From your map it looks like you may not have found the tappable walls but if you got that sword you must have. iron Key is on a shelf there.
Catacomber

Postby istara » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Catacomber wrote:
istara wrote:Yay - found the jail key! Thank you so much ;)

Looking in the editor she has a name----Lil the Fortune Teller. That might be some graphics glitch.

If you have a sword called the Fairy Shaft then you're possible missing the Gold Key that opens her door if you also have that sword.

One of the Evil Fairies drops the Gold Key.

From your map it looks like you may not have found the tappable walls but if you got that sword you must have. iron Key is on a shelf there.

I've now got three Gold Keys + Fairy Shaft, but I'm stuck at the blue door in the north, directly east of the door by the northwest garden.
istara

Postby DeMenchev » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:14 am

There's a wall you can crumble in the garden.
DeMenchev

Postby Fragjag » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Is seems like a this seems like a good place to stick this question.

Aside from one issue in another thread, I have finished, but have some thingsstill seemingly unfinished.

1) in the Blue Fairy part, on the level just below the Blue Fairy, when you look across the expanse, it looks as though there are shelves in the other cardinal directions, with no way to get there. Are these accessible?

2) in the Chevron mines, just SW of where the Dwarf stands, there is a teleporting trap on a rock that I cannot turn off to access the last part of the tunnel. Any ideas? Anything there to get?

Thanks!
Fragjag

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Fragjag wrote:Is seems like a this seems like a good place to stick this question.

Aside from one issue in another thread, I have finished, but have some thingsstill seemingly unfinished.

1) in the Blue Fairy part, on the level just below the Blue Fairy, when you look across the expanse, it looks as though there are shelves in the other cardinal directions, with no way to get there. Are these accessible?

2) in the Chevron mines, just SW of where the Dwarf stands, there is a teleporting trap on a rock that I cannot turn off to access the last part of the tunnel. Any ideas? Anything there to get?

Thanks!

There are walls you can break by hitting. They're usually a different color or different brick.
Try Burning Hand on the rock. : ) When a rock blocks your way, the spell Burning Hand will often get rid of it.
Catacomber

Return to Thor's Hammer