Low FPS and movement glitch during rainy weather (Android)

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Low FPS and movement glitch during rainy weather (Android)

Postby Egor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:42 pm

I've been experiencing some problems during rainy weather in game.
1) Sometimes FPS goes down so much, it gets uncomfortable to play. My device is new, and I play game with clear RAM (around 1,3 GB of free RAM during playing).
2) When making a single step in some direction during rain with low FPS, character continue to move for some time, although I only tapped move button once. And this movement ignores any impassable obstacles like haystacks or deep water. Sometimes character moves to deep water and gets stuck in it, only Town Portal or Recall spells can unstuck me. Here's screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AV0Dcfq.jpg

I saw options for blurrier 3d and limiting FPS to 30 in options, so I suggest you adding option to turn off weather, that would be nice addition.
Egor

Re: Low FPS and movement glitch during rainy weather (Androi

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:12 pm

The rain causing low fps is a driver problem. It's unfortunate.

Turning off the weather might be too much (and complicated :)), but I'll see if I can add a "light rain" option. That should improve the framerates and prevent the movement glitch.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:31 am

I thought about it and in the end it's better if the rain is completely disablable. Because it's a driver problem, I'm not sure if just drawing less rain would help enough (when the driver is working properly the rain adds negligible overhead).

So I've added a "don't draw rain" option.

Can you please tell me the exact model of your device? Thanks!
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Xose » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Can you please tell me the exact model of your device? Thanks!

I think it happens at least on all Samsung models. It happens on my new Tab S3 and also on a friend's S8.
Xose

Return to Technical Issues