Basal assault in wand not doing full damage

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye I.

Basal assault in wand not doing full damage

Postby Neverlosty » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi,

I've just tested a couple of times enchanting basal assault into a wand.
I can't be certain (as I can't see the damage numbers done to enemy), but I don't think it's doing it's full damage.

The key giveaway is that part of the spell drains health, and doesn't do it if casting from a wand (level 1 Basal assault). It should drain 30 hp.
The spell looks to be working perfectly fine when cast straight from fingertips though.

This is on iOS, v4.0. The Quest app (activated through the HOL1 app). Latest update.
Neverlosty

Re: Basal assault in wand not doing full damage

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 am

Neverlosty wrote:Hi,

I've just tested a couple of times enchanting basal assault into a wand.
I can't be certain (as I can't see the damage numbers done to enemy), but I don't think it's doing it's full damage.

The key giveaway is that part of the spell drains health, and doesn't do it if casting from a wand (level 1 Basal assault). It should drain 30 hp.
The spell looks to be working perfectly fine when cast straight from fingertips though.

This is on iOS, v4.0. The Quest app (activated through the HOL1 app). Latest update.

I don't think there is anything I can do about this. You create the spell in the spell section of the editor and then what happens, happens. Will take a look though.
Catacomber

Postby Neverlosty » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Ah, ok. Fair enough. Thank you.
Neverlosty

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:31 pm

I asked Elendil and this is his reply---

"When casting a spell the character's attributes are taken into account. When casting from a wand, there are no attributes. So wand casted spells will differ from normally casted spells (usually they will be weaker, especially if the character is high level)."
Catacomber

Postby Neverlosty » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Ah. Good to know. Thank you.
Neverlosty

Return to Hero of Lukomorye I