FAQ about Zarista Expansions

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

FAQ about Zarista Expansions

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:08 am

We made a new expansion for The Quest HD--Thor's Hammer. We've ported Hero of Lukomorye I to HD. The work is very hard and the testing takes a long time because of changes. We're not going to be able to port more than two expansions probably a year. So if you want to play our older expansions through, you are better off staying for now with the Quest Classic. It all depends on what you prefer.

It's not only hard work for us. It's very hard on our testers who have a life outside The Quest. So this is our schedule.

Possibly before Christmas--Celtic Rift.

Next spring--Hero of Lukomorye II.

Next fall--Celtic Rift II.

This is what we always did in the past--two expansions a year. Of course then it was easy to make new expansions, but to port them is very, very, hard and I have to buy all new HD graphics.

Please support us and continue to buy the Classic version. Thanks.That helps us be able to afford the new graphics we need to make the HD version. : )
Catacomber

Re: FAQ about Zarista Expansions

Postby Harryhowser » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 am

Just a BIG thank you for all your hard work in porting the HD expansions. For me The Quest and it's expansions are the greatest RPGs ever created.
Harryhowser

Postby iwastetimeongames » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Harryhowser wrote:Just a BIG thank you for all your hard work in porting the HD expansions. For me The Quest and it's expansions are the greatest RPGs ever created.

Totally quoting. Keep up the great work!
iwastetimeongames

Postby insight spinner » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:08 am

Catacomber wrote:We made a new expansion for The Quest HD--Thor's Hammer. ....

Please support us and continue to buy the Classic version. Thanks.That helps us be able to afford the new graphics we need to make the HD version. : )

I'm one of those old Palm Pilot people who went to Android, so I've been waiting for years to enjoy these games again. I am really loving Thor's Hammer!

Thank you so much for all you have done to extend and support the world of the Quest! After nearly 9 years of waiting to play the Quest again, I think we Android folks will be patient with those expansions. After I finish TH I will get back into the world of HOL and I'm really excited to revisit the game as I really don't remember much of it and it will be very new to me.

I appreciate your work very much. Thanks to all of the Zarista team and to Redshift too, of course.
insight spinner

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:49 am

Thank you for your patience. : ) Testing Celtic Rift now. Level 15, entry from Matras. Should be ready in a few weeks. Knocking ourselves out to test it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx3bc6pp2vefi ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Catacomber is working her tail off to make Celtic Rift HD a more interesting, beautiful and polished game.
Celtic Rift is a big and sophisticated world as you may already know if you've played the classic version.
Let's all encourage, support and cheer up our wonderful quest maker Cat!
DeMenchev

Postby Tract » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:03 pm

It makes me very nervous to think that the expansionary future of The Quest( or Classic) may be in jeopardy due to lack of funds or time. Do you think that you will be continuing to release updated expansions for it? Two a year is great to me as I have been taking my time and not Zerg rushing through them. If you need support, I would gladly try the old The Quest, I was already kinda planning to, and being a super evil douchebag this time instaid of a good guy. Thanks for working so hard to make the new version just as content rich as the old.
Tract

Postby Catacomber » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:11 am

Tract wrote:It makes me very nervous to think that the expansionary future of The Quest( or Classic) may be in jeopardy due to lack of funds or time. Do you think that you will be continuing to release updated expansions for it? Two a year is great to me as I have been taking my time and not Zerg rushing through them. If you need support, I would gladly try the old The Quest, I was already kinda planning to, and being a super evil douchebag this time instaid of a good guy. Thanks for working so hard to make the new version just as content rich as the old.

I can't make new expansions for the Quest Classic. I asked and was told no. So don't go out buying the old version if you don't have it, unless you prefer the old graphics, which I like but I like the new too. If you want to play the expansions faster, then that's your route--the Quest Classic. Sales of those do help us afford new graphics but I've found a solution to that now. And I'll catch up in HD. : )

I am working very hard to port the expansions to the Quest HD. It's not a question so much of funds because I've found a way to do things that aren't that expensive. It's a question of how long it takes and not making it too hard on my eyes and on my betatesters. We all have a life and the work is very hard on my eyes for a variety of reasons, basically making the new graphics work in the editor. I will continue to port them as long as Redshift is willing to release them. It's more work than I thought but managing to handle it.

Don't be nervous. Just be patient. : ) I have to have patience too to get through the work. But I have always had a lot of patience and enjoyed making the expansions.

The good thing is that we're putting new content in and polishing the gameplay so it should be better for you. I'm going through Celtic Rift now testing. Adding little things here and there. JT did a new dungeon. I did a new dungeon. Added new quests--I think there are 70 now. : ) And added new items.

Will do the same with each expansion. Three a year is probably possible. I can't wear out myself or the betatesters. They work as hard as I do and are as committed as I am to making the new HD expansions a good experience.
Catacomber

Return to Thor's Hammer