Ragnar Quest

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Ragnar Quest

Postby Fragjag » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:21 pm

I have finished everything except the quest for Lord Stonely to kill Ragnar and rescue or kill his daughter. I have Thor's hammer, Thor's Blessing, Agony, St Aidian's cross and every other special item I can think of on me. The only quest remaining is this one. When I go to Lord Stonely, he just repeats the quest. When I go to Ragnar, he is green, and when I try to attack him, it says the monster may be friendly or be able to help me. When I try to talk to him - silence. Any ideas? There is one door in Stonely Castle upstairs that I don't have the key for and can't get into. Can't find a key that works for it. Don't know if that is related. Thanks in advance.
Fragjag

Re: Ragnar Quest

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Fragjag wrote:I have finished everything except the quest for Lord Stonely to kill Ragnar and rescue or kill his daughter. I have Thor's hammer, Thor's Blessing, Agony, St Aidian's cross and every other special item I can think of on me. The only quest remaining is this one. When I go to Lord Stonely, he just repeats the quest. When I go to Ragnar, he is green, and when I try to attack him, it says the monster may be friendly or be able to help me. When I try to talk to him - silence. Any ideas? There is one door in Stonely Castle upstairs that I don't have the key for and can't get into. Can't find a key that works for it. Don't know if that is related. Thanks in advance.

Did you try to talk to Ragnar before? One other person did before they had the hammer and teleported out--when they came back he was no longer aggressive which sounds like an iphone or android glitch.

That room you can't open upstairs will be your room if you kill Ragnar and do Old Shaman's quest.

We all killed Ragnar testing with both the good and the bad ending so I don't think there is anything wrong with him. Others here playing and posting have killed him and completed the main quest.

I think this is some kind of iphone or android glitch. Do you have an earlier save file and did you try to talk to him before like the other person? Not sure how I can help you but will scratch my head.

Try sleeping in an inn for seven days and nights and then go back to him.
Catacomber

Postby Misterebeam » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm having the same issue. Tried sleeping for 7 days and nights and still no way to attack Ragnar. Phredd was happy to sell me his skull to finish the quest, but that didn't feel particularly satisfying.
Misterebeam

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:50 am

I'll make him always aggressive--DeMenchev suggested that. But removing the dialogue that explains why he is the way he is weakens Liz's story some. I'll have him drop a Note.

Not sure if there will be any graphics problem--but if there is you can sleep in an inn for seven days and then go back.
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:28 am

I didn't suggest you make him always aggressive. I suggested a way to set him aggressive by hitting him.
DeMenchev

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:23 am

Can't do that.The hit script is too complicated. Probably the best way is to have Phredd set him aggressive.

Or to go back to an earlier save file which everyone should have.
Catacomber

Postby DeMenchev » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Ah yes, the script is already very complicated. If Phredd could set him aggressive that would work.
DeMenchev

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:16 pm

I'll just put script on a candle there to check if he's not dead and set him aggressive. That's easiest.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 am

There are no candles by Ragnar. I put the script to set him aggressive on the pillar to his left as you face north.
Catacomber

Postby Cranston109 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:50 pm

How do you find Freda, Lord Stonely's daughter. I killed Ragnar and I dont know what to do next.
Cranston109

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:34 am

She's in one of the huts in that area. Keep in mind that if you kill her, you will fail Old Shaman's quest and he won't give you the key to your room in Stonely Castle.
Catacomber

Postby Yeye » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Hello,

I don't find freda'shut. Can you help me ?
Yeye

Postby Sekhmet » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:06 am

i'm having a different problem with this quest - i can't get into ragnar's room, i can't find the key and my strong unlock wand isn't opening it either. i've got the hammer and the quest, and i've been all through the crypt.

anyone know/remember where it is? :?:
Sekhmet

Postby Catacomber » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:31 am

Check a nearby well on a wall. :)
Catacomber

Postby Sekhmet » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Catacomber wrote:Check a nearby well on a wall. :)

hm the only well in the crypt i see is in the southeast, it was behind a breakout wall. i checked the map of another character that already finished this, and there's no other wells on her map.

whats the name of the key?

i think i'll try a 7 day reset to see if that helps, for now. i appreciate your help! ^_^
Sekhmet

Postby Catacomber » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 am

It's a wall spigot not a big free standing well. It looks more like a place to,water horses and it's very close to,the gate to Ragnar's.
Catacomber

Postby Sekhmet » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 am

Catacomber wrote:It's a wall spigot not a big free standing well. It looks more like a place to,water horses and it's very close to,the gate to Ragnar's.

see i knew it'd be tricky like that :lol: idk why i didn't check there already, but there it is :oops:
Sekhmet

Postby Catacomber » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:32 am

That type of "well" is very useful for hiding things and you'll see it again and again. Argimon in particular liked it for hiding and triggering things in the HOLs. Now you've mastered the art of well-ness. : )
Catacomber

Return to Thor's Hammer