Chevron mine's (possible bug?)

Forum for discussing Thor's Hammer

Chevron mine's (possible bug?)

Postby WestNamTom » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:13 am

Started exploring the chevron mines today and I'm currently stuck, I have every floor ive been on mapped (up to the 3rd where horned bran is) when you go up to the 3rd level there is a hole you can not get across so I started searching the entire mine for clues and possibilities, came up with 2 things, on the 3rd level past the 2 ladders you come up from (due east) there are 2 mining spots for gold, I was under the assumption maybe I could mine these walls and break them revealing a passage , here's where I'm stuck, when I go to mine it, it says I need an axe to mine it, so I started searching again, found a "Mine's axe" on the first floor, I figured this was the axe I would need to get that gold and possibly find a new path, so I went back to the mining spot and equipped the axe, tap nor hit worked , I also un-equipped it and left it in my inventory and repeated the process, still nothing worked. So my question is , is that a bug or am I not using the correct type of axe

[Edit: was able to get across the hole with the help of your website catacombers]
2nd possibility, on the first floor I also found a wall with a brick sticking out, pushed it in like you normally would to reveal a hidden wall, I got no message saying anything opened anywhere so I thought maybe it did something on the 3rd floor, I went back up to check, nothing. Then I remembered I seen an odd looking cement wall in the hole your drop down into (the impassable one mentioned above) so I checked there, still nothing, finally I ran around the entire mine looking for anything that may have opened up but still came up empty handed

So with all that said, I'm just wondering if a higher up can chip in here and tell me if I missed something or is it bugged atm, not looking for spoilers I enjoy the hunt, but I'm truly stumped atm :P
WestNamTom

Re: Chevron mine's (possible bug?)

Postby Allan727 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:41 pm

You probably have your answer by now, but that button closed the hole. You get a message saying that. I dont know why you didnt.
Allan727

Postby Catacomber » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 am

Thanks, Allen727! WestNamTom, If you are still stuck here, let me know. The gold is beyond the rock you remove after you use the switch to close the hole.
Catacomber

Postby roxton » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:28 am

Hm, the switch on the first floor didn’t close the hole for me. (No message either.)
But am I correctly inferring from Catacomber’s comment that the switch clears a rock, not a hole? Any advice would be appreciated. (iOS, non-classic)
roxton

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:10 am

I clarified that--you need to remove the hole with the switch--then use burning hand spell to remove the rock that blocks your path.

See if this helps you.

http://catacomber.com/discussion/181/st ... vron-mines

There are a few holes but the one the switch closes is in the far northwest. And it definitely closes that hole.
Catacomber

Postby roxton » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks for the pointer.
The switch in the map image is the one I hit.
The hole is in the far northwest, 2 W from a down ladder and 2W1S from a second down ladder.
Press switch, go up, fall in hole, return to switch, press it, go up, fall in hole. Repeated a couple times for good measure.

Assuming I haven’t made a weird misinterpretation… If you know any good workarounds, let me know. Otherwise, I’ll move on to Celtic Queen. :D

Thanks for the beautiful expansions. Looking forward to future releases!
roxton

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:03 am

Your problem might be that you tapped the switch and didn't hit it. If you hit it with your weapon, you get a message, "Bing, a hole closes." And the hole closes.

If that doesn't work, you have a glitch of some kind. The switch and hole work perfectly for me, if I hit the switch with my weapon.

Thanks for the kind words.
Catacomber

Postby roxton » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:48 pm

How did I fail to try attacking the switch?!
Thanks so much!
roxton

Return to Thor's Hammer