Romulo's Lab

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye I.

Romulo's Lab

Postby j44cobi » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 pm

I am stuck here. Anyone know what to do to get through first locked door?
j44cobi

Re: Romulo's Lab

Postby Catacomber » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 pm

j44cobi wrote:I am stuck here. Anyone know what to do to get through first locked door?

Hint: Google Nitroglycerine.
Catacomber

Postby btbrown » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:08 pm

set all the panels with the correct formula for nitro and the door wont open why
btbrown

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:32 am

btbrown wrote:set all the panels with the correct formula for nitro and the door wont open why

What formula did you use?

You can check the numbers by tapping each relief.
Catacomber

Postby btbrown » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 am

c-3 h-5 n-3 o-9
btbrown

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:45 am

btbrown wrote:c-3 h-5 n-3 o-9

That works for me just testing it. Did you try tapping the door after that?
Catacomber

Postby btbrown » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:53 am

yes i tapped it nothing
btbrown

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:01 am

Then try resetting each relief to zero and try again. This has worked for most everyone and it worked for me and the testers. Did you tap on the reliefs there to check the number for each? Otherwise, it's a mobile glitch and you'll have to try an earlier save file. I'm sorry but it's worked generally. Would be interesting to know what platform you're on.

The positive switch is on the left side of each relief--the negative is on the right. Just reset each to zero and then try again and then tap the door. Try doing it slowly. I'm wondering if there's some kind of lag on some mobile devices. Let me know.
Catacomber

Postby j44cobi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 pm

I had a problem where the switches did not change the numbers on the panel. The sign kept saying 0 even after I pressed the switches.

I slept for 7 days (had to any ways to get the 7th coin thing as I did not kill Norbert) and when I went back in the monster had respawned and the switches worked.
j44cobi

Postby iwastetimeongames » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 pm

j44cobi wrote:I had a problem where the switches did not change the numbers on the panel. The sign kept saying 0 even after I pressed the switches.

I slept for 7 days (had to any ways to get the 7th coin thing as I did not kill Norbert) and when I went back in the monster had respawned and the switches worked.

I had the exact same experience. After setting the code by googling nitroglycerine, I thought there was something I was missing so I just left. At least 7 days will have passed before I came back, the monsters had respawned, the code was still in place, and only at this point did I tap on the door to just see it open up. I wonder if some stats had gone up? @Catacomber, is a certain skill stat needed to open? I think I remember I was wearing something to boost lockpick/disarm or similar.

(One thing I never understood was the long number one reads before starting to hit the switches)
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:13 am

The only thing required to open the door is to set the correct numbers. The switch on the left pluses by one - the switch on the right minuses by one. This could be a strange mobile bug. Am having a similar problem testing one section of Celtic Rift. Elendil is looking into that. I'll bring this to his attention.

The code is correct and in most cases it works without any problem. I tested it in the game and in the editor and it worked. It worked for the testers. It worked for people at my website. So not sure what the problem is. If sleeping for 7 days works, try that. Are you all on any particular platform?

The code on the switches outside the door to go to Norbert has been around for at least seven years and no one ever had trouble with it once they knew it was the Fibonacci sequence. No one had to sleep to make it work.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 am

I'm on iPhone with iOS 10.3
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 pm

This appears to be an old, very elusive editor bug that if we were able to pin it down, Elendil would be very happy to fix. The original code is not his. But it's very hard to pin down. We had this problem long ago once more and more expansions were enabled. It seems sometimes to be a "confusion" on the part of the engine, sometimes it seems to be a timing thing. Because of this i stopped using so many globals and so many switches close together in the later expansions. Let's see how Celtic Rift goes. Let's try to keep an eye out for such problems and see if we can trace it down.
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Catacomber wrote:This appears to be an old, very elusive editor bug that if we were able to pin it down, Elendil would be very happy to fix. The original code is not his. But it's very hard to pin down. We had this problem long ago once more and more expansions were enabled. It seems sometimes to be a "confusion" on the part of the engine, sometimes it seems to be a timing thing. Because of this i stopped using so many globals and so many switches close together in the later expansions. Let's see how Celtic Rift goes. Let's try to keep an eye out for such problems and see if we can trace it down.

Like I said, I'm willing to help if you end up deciding to recruit ios testers.
iwastetimeongames

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:00 pm

It's too much work for Elendil to test on ios. And he's busy with the Quest2. But thanks.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:42 am

iwastetimeongames wrote:(One thing I never understood was the long number one reads before starting to hit the switches)

Can you tell me what that number is? And where you are reading it from? Is it a pergamon? Are you talking about Romulo's Lab?
Catacomber

Postby iwastetimeongames » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 am

Catacomber wrote:
iwastetimeongames wrote:(One thing I never understood was the long number one reads before starting to hit the switches)

Can you tell me what that number is? And where you are reading it from? Is it a pergamon? Are you talking about Romulo's Lab?

I can't see it anymore now that the right combination is in place. It was at least 10 digits, and I'm sure it started with 9. Initially I thought it was meant to indicate how to start figuring out the numbers, but eventually I thought it was either a trace of a previous puzzle or a diversion. At any rate, the long number becomes useless once figures out the nitroglycerine thing, which has nothing to do with it.
iwastetimeongames

Postby assensy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:45 pm

The first door is open, but with the second I have a problem. I can not find a way to open it.
assensy

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 am

assensy wrote:The first door is open, but with the second I have a problem. I can not find a way to open it.

It will only open if you have the Lift the Curse quest--
'For Manager Seamus, Veteran Cyclops' Shady Rest Retirement Home, Lake Gidigich, find the source of the evil happenings at the rest home and lift the curse.'

There is something in there that might be useful in solving that quest. : )
Catacomber

Postby Allan727 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Looks like i hit a mobile glitch. When i trie to change the numers, it changed to a 10 digit humber whic i can raise and lower by one. I tried setting the last digits to 3 5 3 9 and hit the door. No luck. Is there anything key back there behind the door?
Allan727

Postby Allan727 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:23 pm

In case it matters the 10 digit number is. 4294967289. I can raise or lower it one at a time.
Allan727

Postby Catacomber » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:03 am

There's something you need to do another quest in there but if you have a glitch, I suggest you try an older save file. I did as much as I can do to this to make it easier. Always keep an extra save file.
Catacomber

Postby Turtleman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:10 am

Apparently, I was in Romulo's Lab at one point. I didn't know what I was supposed to do there, at the time. Now, I can't remember where I found it. Where is it?
Turtleman

Postby Catacomber » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:11 am

You get there from the Lowlands.
Catacomber

Postby Turtleman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:55 am

I was playing Quest and all the expansions available at the time when I was on the iPhone years ago. I finally refound Romulo's Lab and with the help of the forums I got past both doors only to realize that I've been here before. LOL. I don't remember when or how, but I've been here before.
Turtleman

Return to Hero of Lukomorye I