Additional item storage?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Additional item storage?

Postby Soycapo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Is there any safe place I can use as additional item storage besides my inventory? Where the items won't ever disappear?
Soycapo

Re: Additional item storage?

Postby DeMenchev » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:13 pm

There are many shelves in expansions with a "permanent storage" note written next to them.
Also when you finish the Main Mission, you'll have those on Freymore too.
DeMenchev

Postby Xose » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Soycapo wrote:Is there any safe place I can use as additional item storage besides my inventory? Where the items won't ever disappear?

Until you get your own house/palace you can use some particular shelves. For instance, there is one on the Ruined Crypt, near Matras, in the shelf where you can find the skull.
Xose

Postby Meathead013 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 am

Yes I need this information too.

I was leaving all my storage stuff in the nice vase looking big basket next to the mayor of Matras' door. It had stayed there all game.

Then I went and completed the entire Northeast Island Quests and when I came back and they had given me my house all the stuff in the vase Basket in Matras was gone.

Is there a list somewhere of the safe storage places in the transition from ending the main thread and getting your own house?
Meathead013

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 am

I don't know about a complete list, but as Xose said, you can use the shelf in the ruined crypt for example, near Matras, with Mark and Recall during the whole game.

Your items disappeared because an area will get refreshed, including items on the ground, in containers and the monsters after you've been gone for a week, in game time. If you go back within the week, the counting restarts (so you could use any container, it's just risky).

(This area reset is described in the manual. I know, who reads the manual. ;) But most people don't need a permanent storage area during a playthrough, so that's why this wasn't really thought as important when designing the game. I think. I was not involved. :))
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Meathead013 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Ah yes, that's probably it. I was using a lot of camping while doing the Northeast Island in order to refresh the recovery orbs, etc. I knew about the one week thing but I didn't think about that while I was on that island.

So I can probably just leave my stuff where it was and just bring more potions so I don't have to do so much camping. I probably went to the island with a few days passed since I had visited my storage so it only took a few camping trips and a bunch of exploring to pass a week since I visited my stuff

I lost a lot of ground with this mistake but it won't take long to redo it now that I know what's coming
Meathead013

Postby Meathead013 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:17 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:most people don't need a permanent storage area during a playthrough, so that's why this wasn't really thought as important when designing the game. I think.

Never underestimate the storage requirements of a packrat gamer
Meathead013

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:13 am

Meathead013 wrote:Never underestimate the storage requirements of a packrat gamer

That's why I said "most people". I think the design intent was that most people would sell anything they don't need. And you can keep around stashes if you know more about the game, which is added gameplay. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion