Princess Tari and Dea - Can't finish quest

Forum for discussing Hero of Lukomorye II.

Princess Tari and Dea - Can't finish quest

Postby TwistedGamer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello, i'm new on these forums but i've been a long time player of this series and i'd like to raise a little issue. After getting the key to the Dragon Temple place in Ezersk Underground, freeing Tari and returning to Princess Dea, she no longer has the dialog option and thus i can't finish the quest. Is there something else i have to do or did the game glitched out ?
TwistedGamer

Re: Princess Tari and Dea - Can't finish quest

Postby Catacomber » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 am

I think you need to talk to Mandy about Tari. She's in Ezersk-North End.

You also need to talk to Dara in Ezersk Underground but only after you talk to Mandy.
Catacomber

Postby TwistedGamer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Yeah, i talked to Mandy before (by accident) and after receiving the quest the first time. Now i reverted to an old save to try to talk to Dara but again, neither Dara nor Dea don't have the dialog about Tari, no matter how many times i talk to Mandy (she doesn't get new dialog either) or free Tari. I'm afraid i somehow broken something and i can't tell what.
TwistedGamer

Postby Catacomber » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 pm

There's nothing that I can see wrong. It's a complex quest and if i tweak something, I could break something.
Catacomber

Postby TwistedGamer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:03 am

Darn. Oh well, perhaps it's gonna work better on another playthrough. Thanks anyway.
TwistedGamer

Postby Catacomber » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 am

Although it's tricky, it's doable and not buggy.
Catacomber

Postby TwistedGamer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Sorry to bother again but i just found out something else. When i first found Tari, there was a witch named Dyah who apologized and admited to kidnaping Tari and kept having that same dialog after i freed Tari and tried to talk to Mandy or Dea. Now after some ingame days (decided to move on to Celtic Queen while i waited for answers here), i revisited Dyah and now she says that i'l never find Tari again and she's useless. What's this supposed to mean ?
TwistedGamer

Postby Catacomber » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 pm

I think it means you have a glitch in a save file of some kind. That's the dialogue you get if you haven't calmed her and Tari's door is still hidden behind a wall.

Here is a short walkthrough for solving this quest. The quest involved here is Princess Dea's Cousin: For Princess Dea, Ezersk Underground, find her cousin, Tari.

Let's work backwards to how you do that.
To be able to talk to Tari in Ezersk Underground, you have to remove the wall that is in front of her door.

To remove that wall, you have to talk to Dyah there about Tari. For her to remove the wall, you need to talk to Dyah with a Calming Staff in your inventory. To get into the room where Dyah and Tari are, you need the Dragon Temple key. You get that from Wizard Leonid if you have the quest to find Tari and Stealth greater than 64.

To get the quest to find Tari, you have to talk to Princess Dea in Ezersk Underground. She tells you:

"The worst disaster is that my little cousin Tari disappeared while I was walking around the city with my sister, Dara, and some friends, looking for my father Mersant's lost ring. We were also trying to cheer up my best friend, Niken, whose mother just passed away. People keep teasing her, calling her Nikental and Nikentut. I need you to help me find my little cousin, find a cure for Niken's sadness and find my father's ring. Will you help?" She gives you three quests, including finding Tari.

You ask her "Where should I start." She answers with specific instructions: "Talk to my cousin, Mandy. She was with us. She may know something about Tari's disappearance. She said she saw Tari run off, but I don't remember which direction. Mandy's staying with a friend in Ezersk, North End."

So you go to talk to Mandy in Ezersk North End: If you have Persuade over 96, she tells you: "She was kidnapped by my cousin Dyah who is possessed by demons. Dyah is trying to cause trouble because she doesn't think she can win the mage's championship. She's not only wicked, she's crazy. Unfortunately, I don't know where she is. But I beg you to help me. If Dea finds out what happened she'll blame me even though I'm innocent. She said you would help find her father's ring. If you do, please bring it to me instead of to her so I can enchant it in a way that will make her forgive me no matter what I do. Then I can return it to her and she'll be happy with me."

Once you talk to Mandy, if you talk to Dea's sister Dara, she gives you the Calming Staff you need to calm Dyah and tells you about the Dragon Temple where Dyah and Tari are.

Dea checks whether you've spoken to both Mandy and Dara and that you've spoken to Tari and she's free. If you've done all that, she solves the quest and rewards you.
Catacomber

Postby TwistedGamer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Wow... I sequence-broke this HARD. From what other guides i found, i thought Mandy's quest for the ring was just an alternative. I had no idea it's that complex. Well, i guess Celtic Queen will have to wait since i'm gonna want to start HOL 2 all over (thankfully i had a back-up save just before starting the expansion). Thank you very much for taking the time to explain (i feel it could get annoying at times). Just one more question: are there any more quests this complex in other expansion ? No spoiler, just a simple heads-up for me to be more carefull.
TwistedGamer

Postby Catacomber » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:40 am

I can't really answer that because we've made so many epansions and all the stories are different. Some have simple quests, some have more complex quests. And my memory of all the quests in all the expansions is not as fresh as it used to be. Celtic Rift has one about gaining Addanc Sight that is a little complicated.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:20 am

@Twisted Gamer

I'm doing an update that will help you. Talk to the Mad Dwarf to the left of Phredd and Mrs. Phredd in the Abyss and he'll help you solve the quest.
Catacomber

Postby Harryhowser » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm

I solved this quest (though accidentally gave ring to Princess Dea). The remaining one ‘Cheer Up Niken’ is where I am stuck. Any suggestions please?
Harryhowser

Return to Hero of Lukomorye II