Bug Finder's Reward

Forum for discussing Macha's Curse

Bug Finder's Reward

Postby Catacomber » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:14 am

Please do not write Redshift asking for an item named after you. That is strictly something I've done over the years as a bug finder's reward for the expansions. It's apparently becoming overdone so will only be available now for serious bugs, not for anything else. Thanks. Please consider that they're very busy.
Catacomber

Re: Bug Finder's Reward

Postby SiegfriedDH » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:21 am

Catacomber wrote:Please do not write Redshift asking for an item named after you. That is strictly something I've done over the years as a bug finder's reward for the expansions. It's apparently becoming overdone so will only be available now for serious bugs, not for anything else. Thanks. Please consider that they're very busy.

Hello, also I just wish to tell you about the new version of Macha Curse 7.0.1 I downloaded yesterday. Before, the game worked well but since that update some spell don’t work well anymore : paralyse especially. It’s now very difficult to get an enemy paralyzed despite’s I’m over 200 in mind magic... I tested to begin a brand new game and it’s the same: sometime, the spell stop to work, then sometime it work but with difficulties... probably you changed something and it make that spell useless. Moreover, paralyzing shot doesn’t work anymore (elf shot bows, etc...) and paralyzing dagger it’s about same problem. Drain mana spell isn’t very efficient now.
Please fix that bug as it seem to have something to do with mind magic parameter
SiegfriedDH

Postby Catacomber » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:26 am

I didn't change anything about the Paralyze spell -- I can't. It's hardwired into the base game. But I will ask Elendil.
Catacomber

Postby Catacomber » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 pm

That was cured in the last update. It wasn't broken so much as the monsters were harder---more resistant to paralysis but that didn't please everyone. Some thought the monsters were too easy before. And the update that made them harder was intentional.

Just a heads up, in Celtic Queen some monsters are not paralyzable. It means you need to use strategy, save and reload and try different means of dealing with them. I died a lot with those monsters but am still alive. It was very satisfying figuring out how to deal with them without being able to paralyze them. Not all the monsters are like that but some are.
Catacomber

Postby Viv » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:51 am

Just wondered if this is a bug. I have the sea crown and sceptre that aerial requests but when I returned to her she doesn’t acknowledge it. Have I missed something or is it a bug? Thanks in advance. It’s ok. Got it! Have to return it first.
Viv

Postby Catacomber » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:15 am

As you discovered, she asks you to return them to their rightful owner. She doesn't take them.
Catacomber

Return to Macha's Curse