A couple of bugs after switching from iPhone 6 to 8

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

A couple of bugs after switching from iPhone 6 to 8

Postby Maxvoid » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:03 pm

I’ve been an enthusiast of The Quest for some time now, having made multiple accounts and playing through to HOL V. All has been working fine until I got a new iPhone 8.

I transferred over my Quest data to the new phone and have been playing a few weeks. Two major things I noticed are that the left and right arrow keys are sticky in landscape mode, and the inventory would open by itself even after I closed it each time.

In the past, I could press and hold the left or right buttons in landscape and my character would move immediately. On the new phone, there would be a nearly 1.5 second delay before I would move. There are no issues with up/down or turning movements, or portrait mode.

Second issue is that I would close my inventory, but the game would register another tap as me trying to open the inventory for the items in front of me. I only pressed the x one time to close, not sure why my inventory keeps opening.

Any help for these two issues would be greatly appreciated!
Maxvoid

Re: A couple of bugs after switching from iPhone 6 to 8

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

It turns out that Apple added a delay to touches close to the screen edge.

Fortunately there is a workaround. I've now added it to the game. It'll be in the next update (7.0.3).

This should fix the movement arrows and will hopefully also fix your other problem.

I'll try to upload the next update as soon as possible, however I think Apple requires iPhone 5.8" support for all updates from April, which might mean a delay.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Maxvoid » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Thank you! Fixing these two bugs would be a huge quality of life update :)

Will the updates apply to Quest Gold classic version?
Maxvoid

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:33 am

The Quest Gold was not updated.

You haven't mentioned you were playing the Classic version.

I'll have to check if the workaround works for them too. Hopefully yes, but it might take a while before an update gets out.

Also, the old version registers movement as touch. Which means it's very easy to "double tap" (so to speak) if you move your finger even a little. That will remain, sorry.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Maxvoid » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Omg the arrow sensitivity just got fixed, best update ever!! Thanks guys :D Time to get started on Quest HD!
Maxvoid

Return to Technical Issues