Ruby mine

Forum for discussing Celtic Rift.

Ruby mine

Postby Cwal » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi,
I finished Celtic Rift a few weeks ago, but today I realized that I never explored the ruby mine. Is there a quest i missed? What magic item is needed to enter?
Cwal

Re: Ruby mine

Postby dreaders » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:42 am

+1 to this question. I think I've tried most of the hundreds of special items you get to figure out which random one lowers the flames. I'd been hoping Ice Pick. No good.
dreaders

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:51 pm

You need a Rune. It's a green gem and Drystan sells them.
Catacomber

Postby dreaders » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Thanks Cat. Had loads of them, just not with me. I struggled a lot with Celtic Rift logic. Hit a crack, touch a crack, hit a crack with something specific, no not that specific item, another specific item that has no obvious connection, actually this crack is to be ignored.... :) Magic barrier - it's a key, it's a switch, it's a burning hand, it's a disarm, actually you can't remove this one... :)

I love working things out by myself and so much of the expansion is just wonderful - but you can't be self sufficient when there are just so many random rules and no consistency. Ice pick I thought made sense - then I saw Phredd had a fire armor that I've not found - that would makes sense too. But it's the old rune gems...oh right.... :D

Appreciate your tireless efforts to point people in the quest makers idea directions :)
dreaders

Postby Jodenla » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 am

I have about 25 rune gems. Exactly how do I use them to destroy the flames?
Jodenla

Postby Catacomber » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:41 am

Drop all but one and tap the flame. Then pick up the ones you dropped.
Catacomber

Return to Celtic Rift