Does This Expansion Include Special Abilities

Forum for discussing Macha's Curse

Does This Expansion Include Special Abilities

Postby Joe99 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:52 pm

First, I have really enjoyed The Quest and all the entertaining expansions. I played every expansion to the end and am now enjoying the HD version. The Quest is easily the best RPG I have ever played.

Several of the expansions require the player to gain a special ability to finish one or more quests. For example, one of the expansions has Addanc Sight. There are many more. This has been the only aspect of the game I haven't liked. While most of these special abilities provide stat boosts, they force upgrade my character, when I prefer more control.

Does Macha's Curse have any quests that require the player to gain a special ability in order to complete?

Also, does anyone have a list of all the special abilities by expansion and by quest?
Joe99

Re: Does This Expansion Include Special Abilities

Postby Catacomber » Sun May 13, 2018 1:13 am

Macha's Curse does not have any special abilities.

Luko III has three: Healer Apprentice, Healer Practitioner and Healer Adept.

Celtic Queen has three: Master Bowman, High Negotiation and Loss of Soul.

It's difficult for me to take these out of the ported games but I haven't been adding them in new expansions.
Catacomber

Re: Does This Expansion Include Special Abilities

Postby Joe99 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Thank you. That helps.

I understand you can't remove special abilities from expansions that already have them. I just wanted to know which expansions to avoid on my next play through. It seemed like there were more. For example, Addanc Sight from Celtic Rift. I used to have a list, but didn't keep it once I played through all the expansions the first time. My mistake. It would have been a good reference.
Joe99

Return to Macha's Curse