The Quest II

News and suggestions during the development of The Quest's sequel. (Title is work in progress.)

Re: The Quest II

Postby grantrob202 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48 pm

macatron wrote:
Sylon / Redshift wrote:You can buy Legacy's PC, Pocket PC and Palm version from me at any time... In this case just write me an email (sylon at redshift dot hu). No iOS version available. But if you get the Palm version you can play the game with the Styletap emulator on Android devices too (if I understood it right when somebody wrote us this info).

Awesome, thanks! So, is there a demo version of the PC game I could try? I'd like to see if I can get it running via iDOS first. If I can, I'll definitely buy a copy from you because I freakin LOVE party based RPGs like this.

On a side note, did I hear mention that you were also working on a party based RPG like this? I really hope so! :D

Macatron - please let me know if you ever managed to get Legacy working with iDOS?
grantrob202

Postby macatron » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:41 am

Will do! :D
macatron

Postby grantrob202 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:32 am

Does this mean that you never got it to work on iPhone? I have a fully functional version of iDOS but would like to know how to get Legacy to work
grantrob202

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Legacy works well in StyleTap for iOS.
DeMenchev

Postby grantrob202 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 am

Can anybody please advise what has happened to Quest II? It's been a while now with no update. Is it still going to be released?
grantrob202

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 pm

We are working. It'll take a very long time. We'll write when appropriate. ;)

Sylon might write some more, I prefer not to. (Even if there are plans or even things done, a lot can change. We'll definitely try and give more information, but I think we prefer to work to talking about the work. :))
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Soldat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 am

Awwwwe :(
Soldat

Postby imran » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 am

I know its been a while and don't mean to pester, any news on Quest 2? Completed the main game and the official expansion pack, now going to move onto HOL1.

Any new news on quest 2?
imran

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:44 am

Sorry for not posting any news since a while... We are working on it, of course. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it slows down because other tasks in our life. But we're working on it with Elendil. Only two members and a huge-huge game. It will be bigger than TQ1 of course, and TQ1 still took 2 years to complete with 3-4 members and no other tasks.
For Elendil, it means that he's alone with programming the whole game engine with the world editor from the very beginning, no reused TQ1 stuff this time, it will be a brand new, much more flexible and modern game. For me, just drawing all the graphics in such a high resolution means years of work, for example (partly because this time anything will be much better animated), but at last I can see the light at the end. :) And it's just a part of my task, I have to finish the writing and build the whole world with the editor.

Some details for the graphics, just to let you see the amount of work I have to put in: TQ1's monsters just had one animation, from the front, as you see them walking and attacking - 1-2 attack frames, one hurt frame, and that's all. It doesn't look too realistic... So in TQ2 I drew and animated them from all sides, also they have at least 3-4 different, smooth attack animations (for better strategy variations and gaming experience), etc. To take it to numbers: one TQ1 monster had about 10 animation frames, while one TQ2 monster has about 80-100 frames.
As for NPCs: in TQ1 you can see 2 men, 2 women and 1 child walking on the streets. In TQ2 you'll see at least 25-30 totally different NPC types. Also you will see (and hunt) animals here and there, etc. I have to draw them all. :) But I'm near the end, fortunately, I think on this Summer I'll finish all the graphic work at last, and on this Autumn I'll start to build the world itself with the editor - so don't expect screenshots before Autumn. :)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:11 pm

This is fantastic, Sylon
DeMenchev

Postby epoch32 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 am

Cool! You guys really deserve a kickstarter or patreon to fund this! I have a question, will it be possible to import characters from the quest 1 to 2?
epoch32

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 pm

No, sorry - it will be a different game with different story and rules.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby mixxer5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:No, sorry - it will be a different game with different story and rules.

But it's still gonna be about Mersant's life (IIRC)?

BTW- any chance you'll share some screenshots/graphics, maybe map? Would be nice to get something new about TQ2.
mixxer5

Postby speedux » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:... one TQ1 monster had about 10 animation frames, while one TQ2 monster has about 80-100 frames ... I'm near the end, fortunately, I think on this Summer I'll finish all the graphic work at last, and on this Autumn I'll start to build the world itself with the editor.

I guess that most people who already love The Quest would not mind to see animations similar to current HD version, but since you already put that work on it to make it better, thats ok, and enemy ability to perform various different actions sounds great, and will surely bring more tactical elements.
Your game already has great immersion, cool hand drawing style (what I can not say about many other indie games that look like "Flash" productions without any details, or that disneyland colorful fashion for most AAA games, or japan style with big eyes and swords twice larger than character - no offense, not my taste and I am tired of being overflowed by this on the market), and that beautiful sky effects with that bring atmosphere.
So, if graphics are almost ready, editor is almost finished, and game world will start to be created soon, what date do you currently theoretically expect, first part of 2019, second part of 2019, or later?
I guess that nice words from people are giving you satisfaction and supporting in your work, so I will not lie if I say it is most expected title by me in last years, and I know that you want to make it good enough before release, and think there are many gamers that will be very happy to finally see it, but they do not use forums or they do not know what is coming.
speedux

Postby W.H. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Just noticed this project, and I hope it is progressing well. It seems to have been in development for quite a view years by now.
W.H.

Postby imran » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:19 am

Hi

Any updates with the development :) Any juicy screensots :D
imran

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:53 am

Will post here any news when we'll have, I promise. :) No screenshots yet because the game engine is still not ready for that - we're progressing slowly, but we're working on it.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby imran » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 am

Any updates? its been a while :)
imran

Postby ScreamThatShyt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 am

Yeah, what is going on ? Are you guys still on it ?
ScreamThatShyt

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Yeah, of course. I'm done with all graphics and story, now waiting for Elendil to finish the editor so I can build the world. Sorry but sometimes it works like this during a long development - waiting. :) Of course as soon as I can present some screenshots from the new world, I'll post them here.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby CoarseDragon » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yeah, of course. I'm done with all graphics and story, now waiting for Elendil to finish the editor so I can build the world. Sorry but sometimes it works like this during a long development - waiting. :) Of course as soon as I can present some screenshots from the new world, I'll post them here.

Looking forward to that.
CoarseDragon

Postby Reckoner » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yeah, of course. I'm done with all graphics and story, now waiting for Elendil to finish the editor so I can build the world. Sorry but sometimes it works like this during a long development - waiting. :) Of course as soon as I can present some screenshots from the new world, I'll post them here.

Can we expect TQ2's editor to be quite a bit more comprehensive? Here are some improvements I'm hoping to see:

- Ability to modify interface sprites
- Ability to load directly into the worlds we make, without first having to travel by ship from the main one
- Option to prevent people from bringing pre-leveled (mainland) characters
- Support for switching one object to another (see here)
- Enemies no longer follow players endlessly (or into cities)

The Quest's editor is a unique, powerful tool. With some seemingly minor adjustments, I think it could attract a new crowd of people interested in using it to make their own games, so to speak. As it stands, it's just limited enough to only be good for making "expansions", and not so much custom games. I'd love to see the TQ2 editor change that!
Reckoner

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:40 am

The Quest 2 editor will be completely new. It'll cater to The Quest 2, the features of which are not pinned down completely yet. In other words we just don't know yet what it'll be capable of. ;)

That said, it's unlikely you'll be able to create "custom games" with it, sorry. But we'll try and keep every suggestion in mind. We'll release it after the game has been out (as it'll need extra work) and then we'll see how far we can take it.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Reckoner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:59 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:The Quest 2 editor will be completely new. It'll cater to The Quest 2, the features of which are not pinned down completely yet. In other words we just don't know yet what it'll be capable of. ;)

That said, it's unlikely you'll be able to create "custom games" with it, sorry. But we'll try and keep every suggestion in mind. We'll release it after the game has been out (as it'll need extra work) and then we'll see how far we can take it.

Even if you don't plan on making the editor into a more universal engine, I think a few minor changes would go a long way. Enabling users to switch one object to another, for instance, opens the door to a wealth of creativity. Having an option to prevent players from bringing pre-leveled characters, and allowing them to spawn directly into our maps (upon character creation) would help establish the worlds we create as "ours".

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to player feedback. :)
Reckoner

Postby gerganwulf » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:37 pm

It would really be cool if you would give a vampire race and a werewolf race.or have a way to get infected by them.
gerganwulf

PreviousNext

Return to Betrayed (The Quest II)